ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Resources, Tools & Organizational Tips
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-06, 12:20 PM

CRS34 has disabled reputation
Question Financial Aid resources for adults with ADD?

Hi, I was looking around for financial aid programs that might help with the costs of further education, but wasn't having much luck so far.
Any ideas that anyone may have heard of?
Old 09-30-06, 06:44 PM
ADDvanced Member

Honeybunnie8 will become famous soon enough
You should go out to the college and ask them. Not only does my college have financial aid, but they also have testing to see if you have any LD's and they will work with you to help you get through you classes...like after testing I could get time and a half for tests if i requested it. I could also use there facilites such as having them scan my text book so it can be read to me, and get early registration and counseling...you should check it out and see what the colleges have for you...
Old 10-03-06, 10:33 PM
ADDvanced Member

Iwalani8 is on a distinguished road
http://www.salliemae.com/content/tui...wer/index.html

i am 26 and a non-traditional student, had to get a co-signer because i already have a lot out in loans, but sallie mae is amazing. i just got approved for a $22,000 loan, and the "tuition answer" loan is for ANY expense you may have during school. so you don't have to deal with the financial aid office and the check gets sent directly to you. i have researched scholarships for "disabilities" and "continuing education" and "attention deficit disorder" but haven't found much... but that was a year ago.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-06, 11:26 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Tara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to all
Voc Rehab is probably the best place to contact. Other than that you will probably need to apply for student loans and grants like everybody else.
Old 11-22-06, 11:09 AM
Jr Member

bellyoffire is on a distinguished road
If you qualify for a FASFA loan, I would go with that. I don't know of any financial aid available specifically for ADHD. If you need additional money, then you can go to sallie mae.
Old 05-24-08, 05:40 AM

andrila1234 is on a distinguished road
I need to apply for a govt. grant

I have a large home and I live alone. Id like to open a living home for woman who are recovering from substance abuse but I do not have the money to start up. I very much want to help women with drug problems. I need to apply for a govt. grant and all the requirements to open and operate it. Please help me with your good advice and information. Thank you very much. >>