ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Advocacy, Coaching, Counseling and Practitioner Referrals > Professional Coaching
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-20, 01:15 PM
ADDvanced Member

Jackinbox is on a distinguished road
Offering free ADHD/anxiety management coaching

I used to be an active users of this forum 10-15 years ago and I'm happy to come back, not to ask questions but to provide advice. I learned a lot on how to manage ADHD and anxiety over the years and I have at a point where I want to share what I have learned.

Notably, I have integrated a serious meditation practice in the last decade which allowed me to understand much better the nature of attention and concentration.

Last edited by namazu; 08-26-20 at 03:45 PM.. Reason: No solicitation or links to commercial websites. Please feel free to share tips here on ADDF.
Old 09-21-20, 11:35 AM
Contributor

20thcenturyfox is a name known to all20thcenturyfox is a name known to all20thcenturyfox is a name known to all20thcenturyfox is a name known to all20thcenturyfox is a name known to all20thcenturyfox is a name known to all20thcenturyfox is a name known to all
Let's Hear More About Meditation and ADHD!

I find it curious that most of us seem to accept that ADHD is a disorder of directing one's attention in one's own best interest, but so few of us seem to be interested in studying and practicing the one art which is best known for developing attentional control.

I admit I am guilty of this. When I was young and busy, I just wanted a pill that would allow me to keep achieving my external goals. Once I retired, though, I fell into such a dark hole that meditation was a frightening prospect. But lately I have felt for some time that I would benefit from doing some kind of meditation practice; however like so many other things I "should do," I just have not (so far) got around to doing it.

OTOH, now that I have come so far with improving sleep, exercise, and other health issues, maybe I am running out of excuses. Maybe it is time to buckle down and make time to meditate regularly.