ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Ritalin
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Ritalin (methylphenidate)

Old 12-18-12, 05:49 AM

asdfdoc is on a distinguished road
Ritalin makes me mean

hi guys,

I got a script for ritalin ir and sa. Interestingly they feel different from one another.

Anyway, I started noticing that I am mean to others when I am on one type of ritalin. I am not alert or focused, but I am just mean. Very easily irritated. I yelled at my friend because she was 8 minutes late. And I am not even close to her. I apologized later but this is weird and unacceptable behavior.

Any inputs?
Old 12-18-12, 05:54 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,200 Times in 15,402 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ritalin makes me mean

Some people don't do well on the methlyphenidate class of drugs and do much better with amphetamines.

I carried a watermelon?
Old 12-18-12, 05:58 AM
ADDvanced Member

MrDavidAlan is just really niceMrDavidAlan is just really niceMrDavidAlan is just really niceMrDavidAlan is just really nice

Eh - on ADD meds I got up and said that one of my best friends was a horrible person at his funeral.

I mean - it was true - but...well not really a good thing.

I do much better with a change of meds, as long as I am not wearing off them for the night... then I am much worse.

But I'm naturally a pretty big *******.

It is a Marathon, not a sprint.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-12, 06:03 AM

I tried most of meds. Adderall gave me too much pns problems. I am just guessing it's brand issue? it's frustrating.
Old 12-18-12, 06:55 AM
Contributor

Sapphire11 is just really niceSapphire11 is just really niceSapphire11 is just really niceSapphire11 is just really nice

You failed to mention which type of Ritalin makes you feel what? Im on IR building up a tolerance so that I can go on SR? Im interested to know the difference, IR im fine so far, although im much clearer with my thoughts which i guess makes me more direct I never intend to be mean but direct can be mistaken for mean, I havent experienced this, being so confused for so long i find it a relief to be sure and clear about my thoughts
Old 12-19-12, 09:53 PM

it was Methylin ER that made me super mean. I was okay with Watson IR. Thankfully I had an appt with my doc again and she gave me another script for ritalin and focalin to try out.