ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adult Education
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adult Education This forum is to discuss issues related to ADD and higher education.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-13-08, 07:24 PM
ADDvanced Member

A1A5KA has a spectacular aura aboutA1A5KA has a spectacular aura about
What do you tend to hyperfocus on?

For me, it varies. Sometimes I'll just get distracted by something and find my self spending hours finding out about it - when I should be doing something else. I'm thinking specifically about the post from the General ADD talk forum (I don't remember the author, sorry) about you know you have ADD if you pull up Wikipedia to look up something for your history paper and a few hours later you know all there is to know about the mating habits of the preying mantis!

Of course, for me, the internet is a real problem, since the information is so readily available, it's easy to get side tracked. But I even do it with print books, the last time I found a new author I like, I ended up reading all 21 of his books before I lost my interest.

Sometimes it's really useful though. After spending weeks procrastinating and not studying, I pulled an all day, all night cram session just before my first biology test of the semester. We got the results back today. I got a 93. Not too bad at all.

So anyhow, what sorts of things do you tend to hyperfocus on?

Amy
The Following User Says Thank You to A1A5KA For This Useful Post:
mendicantsoul (05-28-08)