ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Medications for Co-Existing Conditions > Anti-Psychotics
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-19, 11:02 PM

Doadhd is on a distinguished road
Olanzapine?

They are sedating me again...is this professional? Or just a quick fix.
Self awareness is higher..just...want to feel normal.
Old 12-19-19, 01:37 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 6,337 Times in 2,998 Posts
Kunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Olanzapine?

So why are they sedating you? Is there another diagnosis? Is the sedation helping anything that you are aware of? Are they maintaining the stimulants?

Quick fixes are often a good idea- to settle down a situation that is worsening out of control.

Whenever you see a crowd all rushing in the same direction on any one issue, run in the opposite direction.

There is neither fun nor profit to be had in polishing the brass knobs on a bandwagon.
Nicholas Nasseem Taleb.

Old 12-20-19, 02:33 AM

calmares is on a distinguished road

It's just a quick fix from a professional. Otherwise they should have let you talk to the psychiatrist or psychologist.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-19, 05:09 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 6,337 Times in 2,998 Posts
Kunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond repute

It may be a quick fix-- but why?
If they think you have hypomania (which they might, given their choice of drug) then they may very well have good reason?
You need to understand why this choice was made.

Whenever you see a crowd all rushing in the same direction on any one issue, run in the opposite direction.

There is neither fun nor profit to be had in polishing the brass knobs on a bandwagon.
Nicholas Nasseem Taleb.

Old 12-24-19, 09:41 AM

Alphawave is on a distinguished road

It sent me to sleep and I took it at night, they gave it to me for hypomania. I didn't like it in the end and I take a small dose of haloperidol which works really well
Old 01-25-20, 05:21 AM
Committee Member

Emre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to all

i dont know what do you mean by "quick fix" but olanzapine is second generation anti-psychotic used in treatment of bipolar disorders,schizophrenia,schizo affective disorder

low doses are used for many other problems but not as first line treatment, it isnt sedative
sedatives are benzodiazepines, it has sedating effects as side effect
thats why they prescribe it for insomnia but at low doses

it depends on how much u take , even 2.5mg is quite strong when compared to other anti-psyhotics at lowest doses
if they give you above 7.5, it means that it isnt "quick fix"