ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > SCIENTIFIC DISCUSSIONS, RESEARCH, NEWS AND EVENTS > Research
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Research Current medical research projects from not-for-profit organizations may be found in this forum. Posts in this section require Forums Staff Approval

Old 06-13-17, 10:16 AM

CottlestonePie is on a distinguished road
ADHD & doing homework

Hi Everyone,

My friend's son has ADHD. I help him out with a project concerning ADHD and we started running it together. The boy is not able to sit without moving for 10 seconds. He needs to move all the time.

He is only 5 and goes to a nursery school, but he should go to school next year and parents are afraid it will be a huge challenge for him. For them, thinking of him doing homework feels like a nightmare...

My friend's father is an inventor. He came up with an idea of a moving chair which I would like to show you. It can be very useful if it comes to hyperactivity. It's a garage-made prototype, so focus rather on the idea than the esthetics.

Link to video: https://vimeo.com/221226342

Have you ever heard of the theory mentioned in the video that controlled movement makes learning much easier? Do you think that the idea makes sense? All opinions and suggestions are welcome!

Thanks in advance.