ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Ritalin
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Ritalin (methylphenidate)

Old 06-25-07, 10:52 AM

kikins is on a distinguished road
Post Depression or med change??

Hi everyone!
It's been a while since I have posted but thought I would pop in with a question. Lately I feel that my brain is quite stimulated but my body isn't....I don't seem to be sleeping well. Sometimes I take tylenol pm and 4 hours later when it wears off I am wide awake with my brain on overdrive (not thinking about anything in paticular) and I have to take another dose to finish up the night. But during the day I have all of these things I want to do but feel SOOOO unmotivated...Do you all think that maybe I am just tired, needing a med change (I take Ritalin 3 TID) or maybe I am depressed? Ideas thoughts??
Lori
Old 06-25-07, 03:24 PM
Jr Member

alert has disabled reputation
No one here can't say, you havn't given enought info on your situation.

See your Doc.
Old 06-28-07, 11:02 PM

ErichMH is on a distinguished road
I was going to come to the ritalin forum to ask if ritalin is better about making you depressed than dex. I am on 10 mg 2x/day and after 5 weeks I started to have really bad depression that from what I can figure out and guess at is related to having depleted serotonin levels. I am not saying we have the same thing going on but what helped me beyond measure was taking some 5-HTP, which is a serotonin precurser that you can buy anywhere including Walgreens or Walmart. I don't know if I want to keep taking it but within an hour the depression that I never had that showed up in the 5 weeks after starting dex disappeared. But be careful! If you take too much serotonin you can get sick, and this is made worse by taking a drug like ritalin that effects the serotonin levels in your brain. If you do decide to try this make sure to take it after your ritalin dose has worn off. but I am not a doctor and i do not give medical advice just sayin what worked for me!!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-07, 10:22 PM

replystreet is on a distinguished road
It's hard to say. Coffee might be a good option