ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Ritalin
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Ritalin (methylphenidate)

Old 07-06-07, 09:22 PM
Jr Member

Xtreme is on a distinguished road
Ritalin and Tiredness

Please don't flame me for repeating a question that is asked a lot. Apparently my searching skills are awful, so if anyone knows a thread that already answers this question go ahead and link it if you'd rather.

Ritalin helps a great deal for focus, but while I am on it I am a little more tired than usual. I don't have a problem with falling asleep on it, but I feel very calm and sometimes I yawn a bit. While it helps for the focus, does anyone else experience a little tiredness while on it? It's like it takes away my hyperactivity so much that I'm tired while on it. In addition, I also feel a little more tired when I'm coming off of the Med... but this is not the main issue as I understand everyone goes through this. But while I am on it, although I'm focused, I am also a little more tired than normal. Any input here would be great, thanks.
Old 07-06-07, 10:30 PM
Jr Member

Well I've found another thread on this subject but I guess it's too late to delete my message. If anyone's interested this thread discusses the same issue:

http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23677
Old 07-06-07, 10:32 PM

Crazy~Feet is a jewel in the roughCrazy~Feet is a jewel in the roughCrazy~Feet is a jewel in the rough
Thanks so much for taking the time to use the search function and redirecting people to an existing thread you just saved one of your friendly neighborhood moderators some time.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-07, 11:48 PM
Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy~Feet
Thanks so much for taking the time to use the search function and redirecting people to an existing thread you just saved one of your friendly neighborhood moderators some time.
Haha. Well the problem I run into with the search function is it's kind of limited. I either get back way too many results or barely any at all. I'm much better with google.
Old 07-07-07, 12:03 AM

Crazy~Feet is a jewel in the roughCrazy~Feet is a jewel in the roughCrazy~Feet is a jewel in the rough
Google is fabulous, and the forum search engine gives back well if you only know the right words to type in...and the search engine has ADHD so I think the words may be variable .
Old 07-07-07, 12:21 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,018 Times in 641 Posts
QueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant future
What goes up must come down. (eg up for stimulation, crash for wearoff)

If you don't want to crash and be so tired when it wears off, talk to your Doctor about trying to take a lower dose.

NB what is your dose?
Old 07-07-07, 01:23 AM
Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensU_girl
What goes up must come down. (eg up for stimulation, crash for wearoff)

If you don't want to crash and be so tired when it wears off, talk to your Doctor about trying to take a lower dose.

NB what is your dose?
I think you are misunderstanding me. Yes I did say I get a little tired when I come off of it, but I pointed out that this is not the main complaint as I already know this happens with all stimulants. What I was complaining about is being tired while on Ritalin.

My dose is 20mg Ritalin LA once a day (basically 10mg once, then 10mg 4 hours later).