ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Careers/Job Impact
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Careers/Job Impact This forum is for adults to discuss how AD/HD affects work and career.

Old 01-20-19, 09:38 PM
ADDvanced Member

userguide is a jewel in the roughuserguide is a jewel in the roughuserguide is a jewel in the rough
What to look for in a business partner

Hi guys,

I got a brilliant idea to crowdsource your collective knowledge.

The problem I've been recently facing is that, after several years of reevaluating my life, I feel that I finally have a clear view on what and how to do for my dreams to come true.

OK, that is not the problem yet

The real problem is, I cannot do it alone and I need to carfully choose partners.

And here's the challenge: I have no idea where to start.
I feel like a restarted android with no data.

When I think about the way I evaluate people, it seems I subconsciously ask myself whether they could be a good friend of mine. That's all what it comes down to.
But that might be a total miss in this case.

What if I need partners whom I would hate in a private, nonbusiness setting?

What to look for in people you need to work hard with (and you have no whip on them like a contract you pay for or authority) ? Is there any magical formula for this ? Any quick quizz to apply ?

Don't tell me there is not, the intrnet is full of advice on how to find a romantic partner, isn't that even more trouble ?

TL;DR:

What 3 personal characteristics would you seek in a business partner ? (----- now that you know you have ADD with all its +s and -s )

Last edited by userguide; 01-20-19 at 09:50 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to userguide For This Useful Post:
namazu (01-21-19)
Old 01-20-19, 11:42 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 15,709 Times in 7,555 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What to look for in a business partner

1. Honesty
2. Intelligence
3. Motivation

That would be my top 3.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (01-21-19), namazu (01-21-19), userguide (01-22-19)
Old 01-21-19, 04:49 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 27,247 Times in 13,222 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

Don't ignore that subconscious feeling, though. They don't have to be "friends", but it would be horrible to work with someone you genuinely dislike.

also, someone who is very good at aspects where you are less comfortable.

years ago I had to work with another assistant when our firm was hosting some event,and she came down to sort out how we'd do this and she had already made a list and suggested taking care of the one thing I was dreading ( setting up airport transfers). she was extroverted and fearless and I was better with the documents and emails. it was like a dream team!

And it's nice if they have a good sense of humor.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (01-21-19), Little Missy (01-21-19), namazu (01-21-19), userguide (01-22-19)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-19, 03:02 PM

samanthasummner is on a distinguished road

look for dignity