ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Depression
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-20, 10:32 AM

undopaminergic is on a distinguished road
Depression compounding ADHD?

Hi,

I think I have ADHD (predominantly inattentive with a little hyperactive and impulsive), but what's worse, is that I have depression.

The depression comes with cognitive impairment, in the form of difficulties concentrating and working memory and executive function deficits.

It is difficult to distinguish between the two conditions. What is from ADHD and what is from depression? Does anyone here have experience with this constellation of disorders?

-undopaminergic
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to undopaminergic For This Useful Post:
20thcenturyfox (05-04-20), namazu (04-13-20)
Old 04-14-20, 03:21 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,319 Times in 15,454 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Depression compounding ADHD?

https://www.additudemag.com/slidesho...ptoms-or-adhd/

Quote:
Originally Posted by undopaminergic View Post
Hi,

I think I have ADHD (predominantly inattentive with a little hyperactive and impulsive), but what's worse, is that I have depression.

The depression comes with cognitive impairment, in the form of difficulties concentrating and working memory and executive function deficits.

It is difficult to distinguish between the two conditions. What is from ADHD and what is from depression? Does anyone here have experience with this constellation of disorders?

-undopaminergic

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
undopaminergic (05-09-20)