ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > PARENTS OF CHILDREN WITH ADD/ADHD > Children's Diagnosis & Treatment
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Children's Diagnosis & Treatment This forums is for parents to discuss issues related to diagnosis and treament of children with AD/HD

Old 02-17-20, 03:18 PM

sidetracked09 is on a distinguished road
Question Adderall and Zoloft for an 10 year old

My dd was px Adderall and Zoloft to treat her, has some anxiety like bites her nails and she will cry if in a very stressful situation. She took Adderall for a month on itís own when she was 7 but we stopped because it would make her mopey. Back then we switched teacher, I revamped her IEP and she has been successful academically without meds.However she needs them now, I tried the Adderall without the Zoloft yesterday and it worked but she was mopey again. I HATE seeing that, I want to add the Zoloft to see if it makes a difference but I canít find any feedback of this cocktail for such a young age. Itís scary. I want her to be successful and happy but I donít want her tied to pills the rest of her life.
Old 02-17-20, 04:53 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 27,700 Times in 12,880 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Adderall and Zoloft for an 10 year old

I can't tell you anything about that combination of meds.

But I can tell you that adhd is something we live with our whole life.
If meds make that life better for us, why wouldn't we take them?

I do take Zoloft, and after a 2 month hiatus due to other illness, I am glad to
be back on it and plan to take it for the rest of my life, because otherwise my
life sucks.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
Old 02-19-20, 06:12 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,319 Times in 15,454 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Adderall and Zoloft for an 10 year old

Have you considered seeing if the doctor will let her try the zoloft alone first? Its really hard to gauge two medicines at once and know which one is responsible for which side effect.
https://www.additudemag.com/treating...sion-and-adhd/
This was a good article.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (02-19-20)
Sponsored Links