ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > SCIENTIFIC DISCUSSIONS, RESEARCH, NEWS AND EVENTS > Scientific, Philosophical & Theoretical Discussions > Open Science & Philosophical Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Open Science & Philosophical Discussion This forum is for open discussion, encouraging new and unconventional ways of thinking, welcoming posts in any format

Old 06-02-19, 08:44 AM

Thanked 6,502 Times in 4,746 Posts
SB_UK has disabled reputation
Re: A complete Solution to Disease/Disorder/Suffering

What's the pattern ? The cold-pressed hemp oil + kim chi diet is possible without refrigeration. It's VERY sustainable. Pretty much unlimited storage. 2 incompatible energetic sources - protein allies with carb - in the Ins/IGF- axis. The immune system can be controlled under ketosis and with an intact bacterial interface. All butyrate-based overcomes glucose- or carb based metabolic processes.
Old 06-02-19, 10:31 AM

Re: So How Does All This Work Out for Your Gut Bacteria?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20thcenturyfox View Post
I gather the aim of this complete solution is to virtually eliminate carbs, including the fiber that the good carbs contain. And I get that the authors of some of your sources seem to be trying to address this with supplemental Butyric Acid, BHB, etc, which also happen to be produced in the normal course by several species of gut bacteria when provided with generous amounts of FOS and GOS from soluble fiber in complex carbohydrates (such as bananas, onions, garlic, asparagus, oats, etc).

But at the same time, we read that the microbiomes of the healthiest (and leanest) humans are those which contain the most diversity of bacteria, and particularly Bacteroidetes which feast on complex carbs.

So what is the long-term effect on the microbiome in particular--and human health in general--when the supply of soluble fiber from complex carbs is removed? It seems to me this just about has to lead to a reduction in the number and diversity of gut bacteria, to the detriment (obesity? colon cancer?) of the human host.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB_UK View Post
The answer's definitely in ketosis but more so.
Stress needs to be down for ketosis lifestyle (fasting, omega 3, exercise) to be embraced.
And that's not something any of us have any control over - working on it though.
So - I have the lifestyle/diet but it doesn't work unless in an environment of zero distress. This is the underlying driver on allergy.

Stress drives fluctuation in blood glucose - when it deviates from the required level - particularly in hypoglycaemia - we're driven to break ketosis and eat carbs.

The idea is definitely correct - I've eliminated asthma and allergies.
However the allergies return when placed under stress.

This really is a problem - as it means we are victims of society and so need to change society in order to be healthy.

Anyway working on it.

There's a problem.

https://www.pnas.org/content/115/13/E2960

Chronic stress promotes colitis by disturbing the gut microbiota and triggering immune system response
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SB_UK For This Useful Post:
20thcenturyfox (06-02-19), tudorose (06-02-19)
Old 06-02-19, 10:33 AM

Huge problem - We can't solve this without changing society globally.

The mechanism is clearly there of a carb -> fat metabolic shift - but it won't work unless we shift to a moneyless egalitarian society.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-19, 10:48 AM

So - we've the solution to -
psychiatric disturbance - BHB (valproic acid) -> epilepsy/BPD
psychiatric disturbance - BHB -> GHB -> GABA vs anxiety
BHB + B (bacterial) -> health

And the connection between respiratory epithelium and intestinal epithelium - similar - goblet cells - excess mucous production - mucous layer loss.

Immune reaction in asthma and in multiple conditions at the epithelium.
Similar paradigm - mucous layer elimination.

Why ? motility.
Stress ->
SNS

--> "In the circular muscle of both the proximal and distal colon, sympathetic stimulation caused a strong contractile response"
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2231039/

Asthma - SNS resistance through chronic stress (psych) exposure - increased sensitivity in asthma
We can copy over the mechanism onto the diseases of the gut.

So ... ... ... the BHB story is correct - but we need go upstream of diet - upstream of bacterial biome in respiratory/gut interface.
We see chronic distress -> increased motility -> loss of mucous (characteristic of asthma) - mucous hypersecretion in asthma exposes the surface to 'leak' PAMPs into the body -> LPS endotoxemia -> DISEASE.

You can't solve this unless psychological distress in the sensitive is switched off - as the train of chronic SNS activation of smooth muscle persists - we can't restore the mucous layer otherwise.

Reduced distress - to see waht a 'psych' needs to be unstressed - the 'psych' needs to LEARN WHAT IT ENJOYS to be unstressed. And therein comes the solution to ADHD and all disease.
Quote:
A complete Solution to Disease/Disorder/Suffering
By using the inflammatory diseases of the respiratory and intestinal epithelium to explain one another away.
All down to mucous; who'd have thought ?
Old 06-02-19, 12:45 PM

Correct mind with morality -> species-level enlightenment -> social moneyless environment -> low distress accordingly -> chronic distress to eustress -> cortisol/autonomic nervous system sensitivity restoration -> proper immune cell functioning -> inflammation normalized -> health with freedom to choose an enjoyable learning-centric path -> happiness with eyes now open to making healthy lifestyle (food, exercise) choices.
Old 06-02-19, 12:48 PM

The root cause of ALL human suffering comes from a failure to realise what the species defining character of 'mind' is/was supposed to be used for.
The Following User Says Thank You to SB_UK For This Useful Post:
tudorose (06-02-19)
Old 06-02-19, 06:01 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 5,585 Times in 2,411 Posts
tudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your responses. I'm currently doing trauma processing so agree that nothing functions under chronic stress. Sometimes given that I do wonder if there is any hope for me
SB_UK (06-04-19)
Old 06-02-19, 06:34 PM
Contributor

20thcenturyfox is a glorious beacon of light20thcenturyfox is a glorious beacon of light20thcenturyfox is a glorious beacon of light20thcenturyfox is a glorious beacon of light20thcenturyfox is a glorious beacon of light
Viva Kimchi (or Whatever is the Korean Equivalent)!

Quote:
kimchi (loaded with inulin) is becoming the major 'food' I eat.
That's a coincidence...I've been eating kimchi (refrigerated) for a couple of years, but my consumption has gone way up recently since I figured out I can use the chopping attachment on my immersion blender to turn its awkward chunkiness into a rough puree which is much more pleasant to slather onto other things...steak, chicken, fish, brown rice, potato--and oh yes almond-cilantro pesto...it all goes better with kimchi!
The Following User Says Thank You to 20thcenturyfox For This Useful Post:
SB_UK (06-04-19)
Old 06-04-19, 12:19 AM

Re: Viva Kimchi (or Whatever is the Korean Equivalent)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20thcenturyfox View Post
That's a coincidence...I've been eating kimchi (refrigerated) for a couple of years, but my consumption has gone way up recently since I figured out I can use the chopping attachment on my immersion blender to turn its awkward chunkiness into a rough puree which is much more pleasant to slather onto other things...steak, chicken, fish, brown rice, potato--and oh yes almond-cilantro pesto...it all goes better with kimchi!
Yes - we do 10kg at a time only thanks to a food processor shredder.
We alternate between the shred and slice functions - am hoping that this increases 'good' bacterial levels.
In much the same way as the processes without fermentation reduces 'bad' bacterial levels.

from Clett.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAMPS/DAMPS
ready-chopped vegetables
https://www2.le.ac.uk/offices/press/...ealthier-diets

But only eat the kimchi - nothing with it.
Sometimes nuts actually.
Old 06-04-19, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tudorose View Post
Thanks for your responses. I'm currently doing trauma processing so agree that nothing functions under chronic stress. Sometimes given that I do wonder if there is any hope for me

The bhb is great.
So - tastes awful - but MCT-C8/hemp oil straight after adsorbs the bitterness.
Tremendous appetite suppression - just like dexedrine.

An amphetamine like rush (the feeling we get when we start dexedrine).
Exercising 25% faster.

Last edited by SB_UK; 06-04-19 at 12:40 AM..
tudorose (06-04-19)
Old 06-04-19, 12:34 AM

So... ... ...

The story is all really very straightforward.

Evolution has resulted in man shifting from carb -> fat ie from ancient to modern energy source. This was always set to happen given the much better properties of fat. However - fat can't be used if we're overcranking the Insulin/IGF-1 system - which was only meant to be used in Summer at harvest. The pattern of putting on weight prior to Winter and losing it prior to Summer - have seen this pattern in people.

The problem is that what underlies the attraction for carb is what underlies the attraction for money/power.

So 'temptation' (the underlying mechanism) is shared between carb (consume) and {consumerism, capitalism, materialism, the acquisition of money/power}.

2 paths.

One enforcedly addictive - thing is - is that if we take the path of carb/protein - then because of the body's low glycogen carrying capacity - we're going to have to keep replenishing stores - are giving into an addictive paradigm.

Fat - however offers us the capacity of carrying over a year's worth of stores on board.

-*-

The vegan ketogenic approach is great - nothing (as such) is withheld - just very low quantities expected (cf gourmet eating) - the point being that we shift our relationship with life (including food) from 'quantity' to quality.

Sadly - it's all as simple as the Insulin/IGF-1 transition to lovely lovely ketosis.
To use the fat that's stored.
tudorose (06-04-19)
Old 06-04-19, 12:38 AM

And what is ADHD ?

A continuation of mind into informational sensitivity.
Incapacity to use the Ins/IGF-1 and ketosis-requiring / adapted at birth.

Ketosis state selected by virtue of evolutionary selection of the fittest - clearly fat over carb usage.
However in parallel - ketosis through HDACi activity (terminal differentiation) - as the endocrine system is switched off - ie HAC/HDAC - terminal differentiation - no further growth/proliferation particularly at level of neurone/brain - into a learning-centric mode - where the brain now is adapted to 'learning' - to pattern recognition - in the absence of excess signal.

The Ins/IGF-1 promoting factors - for instance glutamate activation - excitotoxins - over-excitation - incapacity to learn through need for a high SIGNAL:BACKGROUND - whereas under Ins/IGF-1 activation - background drowns signal.
Old 06-04-19, 12:39 AM

Thanks Tudorose

bhb is special.
mct-c8 isn't good enough alone.
tudorose (06-04-19)
Old 06-06-19, 03:53 PM
Contributor

20thcenturyfox is a glorious beacon of light20thcenturyfox is a glorious beacon of light20thcenturyfox is a glorious beacon of light20thcenturyfox is a glorious beacon of light20thcenturyfox is a glorious beacon of light
I Have to Leave the Extreme Diets to Others...But I Watch with Interest

Quote:
The answer's definitely in ketosis but more so.
Stress needs to be down for ketosis lifestyle (fasting, omega 3, exercise) to be embraced...So - I have the lifestyle/diet but it doesn't work unless in an environment of zero distress. This is the underlying driver on allergy.

Stress drives fluctuation in blood glucose - when it deviates from the required level - particularly in hypoglycaemia - we're driven to break ketosis and eat carbs....

This really is a problem - as it means we are victims of society and so need to change society in order to be healthy....
Quote:
Huge problem - We can't solve this without changing society globally.

The mechanism is clearly there of a carb -> fat metabolic shift - but it won't work unless we shift to a moneyless egalitarian society.
Quote:

But only eat the kimchi - nothing with it.
Sometimes nuts actually.
Although I was the original paleo kid--born liking every kind of meat and fish--but hating most everything else--milk, strawberries, apple juice and spaghetti--I have come round to like just about everything. Balance and moderation are where I feel I must put my limited energy these days, so I have to leave the extreme diets to others.

But I never bought into the cholesterol phobia, saying my English ancestors had thrived (yes, a few lived to be 100 even in the 1700's!) on beef, bacon and butter, but no one had heart disease till after WWII. And I am horrified by the spectacular success of fat-, sugar-, and flour-laden fast foods in recent years. I stick to my whole grains and veggies, along with meat, fish, eggs, dairy, legumes, nuts, spices and some fruit and also wonder where we are headed as a society.

So I have no trouble believing that ketogenic diets may be an important--even life-saving-- prescription for those who have overdosed on carbs and spoiled the metabolic checks and balances that originally made humans a true multi-fuel animal that can withstand stress and deprivation of many different kinds and still venture forth, learn, thrive and reproduce.

Do keep us posted on your progress, SB, not just in what you are eating but in the health effects you are seeing. Variety of experience is something we can all learn from.
The Following User Says Thank You to 20thcenturyfox For This Useful Post:
SB_UK (06-07-19)
Old 06-07-19, 02:11 PM

I work on this by day
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Biologics
TNF-α, IL-1β, and IFN-γ
... ... and this by night.
Quote:
KD suppressed the NF-κB pathway and the expression of TNF-α, IL-1β, and IFN-γ.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29894768

Somebody's gonna' get a fright soon.