ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > SCIENTIFIC DISCUSSIONS, RESEARCH, NEWS AND EVENTS > Scientific, Philosophical & Theoretical Discussions > Open Science & Philosophical Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Open Science & Philosophical Discussion This forum is for open discussion, encouraging new and unconventional ways of thinking, welcoming posts in any format

Old 01-30-19, 06:55 AM

Thanked 6,502 Times in 4,746 Posts
SB_UK has disabled reputation
Re: A complete Solution to Disease/Disorder/Suffering

Quote:
Originally Posted by tudorose View Post
Yep and also on the journey to figuring it all out. My thoughts just not articulated scientifically and the impetus was seeking answer to chronic pain and in the process figured out that there is no cure, no fix no magic pill for ADHD but acceptance, understanding, a safe environment and a keto diet.

My mouth is buzzing from C8-MCT oil.
Love it.
The Following User Says Thank You to SB_UK For This Useful Post:
tudorose (01-30-19)
Old 01-30-19, 09:19 AM

acetone (disinfectant in mouth from ketosis) -> altered mouth biome -> eliminated culture/transmission of bacteria which result in eg ........
https://forsyth.org/news-press-room/...-heart-disease
Quote:
Oral infections are the most common diseases of mankind and are also a key risk factor for heart disease, which is the leading cause of death worldwide.
Old 01-30-19, 09:24 AM

disease - 'gotta prevent em all'

Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-19, 09:49 AM

Old 01-30-19, 10:47 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 26,924 Times in 12,563 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB_UK View Post
Love it.
I am allergic to coconuts ... and coconut oil.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
SB_UK (01-31-19), tudorose (01-31-19)
Old 01-30-19, 12:52 PM
Forummarm

Thanked 8,224 Times in 2,588 Posts
Andi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not allergic but it makes me want to heave. Hate the taste.

SB, I'm interested in what you're talking about, in reference to Keto. I giggled when you said in short and then you meet the character limit in each following post. Perhaps, for those of us who are overwhelmed by mass content on a forum, is there a Readers Digest version and a layman conversation you can spark in the steps recommended for the diet? So, what do you eat? What do you drink? Is there a timing component to your success? Is there a calorie limit?

Everything I write is fully substantiated by my personal opinion.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andi For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (01-30-19), SB_UK (01-31-19)
Old 01-30-19, 06:40 PM

Thanked 5,585 Times in 2,411 Posts
tudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Love it.
I tried the hemp and c8 oil combo. Ended up having 2 days off work.

That was fun explaining that one to the boss!!
SB_UK (01-31-19)
Old 01-30-19, 06:52 PM

tudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The safe environment is VERY hard to achieve - I can't concentrate on anything that my mind is not interested in - a pre-requisite for the workplace. You have to do what you're told to earn money.
I am safer now than I was 3 years ago. I was sent a life lesson in the form of a narcissist masquerading as a friend. After being brought to my knees and emotionally destroyed and having to rebuild myself I started researching (for 2 to 3 years kind of researching) I found all the answers I was looking for and that my Dad had been looking for before he passed away.

Since then I have been identified and removed the toxic people in my life and I've educated myself on how to spot them. I still stuff up now and then but by and large I can spot the narcs and take mitigating action to keep myself safe.

A lot of staying safe is about having enough awareness to not fall into the orbit of a toxic person and thereby becoming a target.

The single biggest thing I did right in the last few years was implement boundaries. Boundaries and awareness keep you safe (emotionally safe).

It's still a work in progress. But as an ADHD person they teach you not to trust yourself which is wrong. Our intuition is superior to most so we need to allow ourselves to use it.

Feeling safe is internal. And for those who have been around a while and remember my first threads where I was non functional due to PTSD that's a lot of progress. It's only taken 15 years!!!
Lunacie (01-30-19), SB_UK (01-31-19)
Old 01-31-19, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi View Post
I'm not allergic but it makes me want to heave. Hate the taste.

SB, I'm interested in what you're talking about, in reference to Keto. I giggled when you said in short and then you meet the character limit in each following post. Perhaps, for those of us who are overwhelmed by mass content on a forum, is there a Readers Digest version and a layman conversation you can spark in the steps recommended for the diet? So, what do you eat? What do you drink? Is there a timing component to your success? Is there a calorie limit?

Was just referring to the 7 points in red though.

Diet - vegan cold pressed oil (plus omega3/MUFA) (minus LCT sat fat and balanced omega 6 (with omega 3) + soluble fibre (prebiotics/probiotics) or garlic/onions/cold pressed hemp and avocado oil with salad veggies and low GI veggies alongside kimchi ... ... is the start.
Alongside dark chocolate + stevia sweetened chocolate, berries, linseed, konjac noodles, nutritional yeast,herbs, zero carb bread (livlife bread in UK), MUFA (high oleic) peanut butter, soaked/dehydrated nuts and seeds, infused EVOO, lemon and ginger herb tea + stevia/erythritol.

So - just low protein and low carb foods. Emphasis on a certain type of fat (sat fat in EVCO triggers an asthma attack). Emphasis on soluble fibre and the prebiotic.

It solves asthma - can now sprint at sub zero temperatures - both asthma triggers.
Quote:

Is there a timing component to your success? Is there a calorie limit?

I love fasting - but haven't worked out if it's absolutely necessary yet.
It helps - but (see Longo) - he's put out the 100 hour complete fast vs the 100 hour FMD - we'd need to run the alongside one another.

Naughty VL has simply wrapped healthy fat+ soluble fibre minus protein/carb into an extremely expensive - ProLon diet.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SB_UK For This Useful Post:
Andi (01-31-19), Greyhound1 (02-04-19)
Old 01-31-19, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
I am allergic to coconuts ... and coconut oil.

I am EXTREMELY allergic to EVCO - had the worst asthma attack on it - I'm only advocating one small component of it.

See post above - only C8 - had the worst asthma attack in memory on EVCO whilst testing it out.
Old 01-31-19, 02:50 AM

Quote:
I tried the hemp and c8 oil combo. Ended up having 2 days off work.

That was fun explaining that one to the boss!!

Whatever you do - don't mix coffee in at the start.

So I use coffee pre-exercise.

Then staged up to 4 tablespoons of MCT oil as sole food through day.
And if hungry - nutritional yeast/hemp oil alongside.

But you do need to get your body used to it - tried mixing the three and then running as soon as the C8 MCT oil arrived. Ended up running in the opposite direction.
The Following User Says Thank You to SB_UK For This Useful Post:
tudorose (01-31-19)
Old 01-31-19, 02:52 AM

Quote:
I am safer now than I was 3 years ago. I was sent a life lesson in the form of a narcissist masquerading as a friend. After being brought to my knees and emotionally destroyed and having to rebuild myself I started researching (for 2 to 3 years kind of researching) I found all the answers I was looking for and that my Dad had been looking for before he passed away.

Since then I have been identified and removed the toxic people in my life and I've educated myself on how to spot them. I still stuff up now and then but by and large I can spot the narcs and take mitigating action to keep myself safe.

A lot of staying safe is about having enough awareness to not fall into the orbit of a toxic person and thereby becoming a target.

The single biggest thing I did right in the last few years was implement boundaries. Boundaries and awareness keep you safe (emotionally safe).

It's still a work in progress. But as an ADHD person they teach you not to trust yourself which is wrong. Our intuition is superior to most so we need to allow ourselves to use it.

Feeling safe is internal. And for those who have been around a while and remember my first threads where I was non functional due to PTSD that's a lot of progress. It's only taken 15 years!!!

Yes - we started here with the genes vs environment (first thread here) - and the conclusion is environment controls genes --

eg in the paper in the paper in the post below - idea of 'metabolic reprogramming' ie 'As metabolic reprogramming from oxidative phosphorylation toward increased glycolysis is a hallmark of cancer cells' ... ... ...

Mechanism ?
1 global genetic/biochemical network -- FED (IIS) and 1 network -- FASTed (ToR)

Gene expression in FED epigenetically modifies (activates) IIS network and deactivates expression in FASTed ToR network.
Actual epigenetic marks are put down which are persistent ie take some work to remove.
These marks are under active analysis now - but it'll prove hard to dissect.
5mc -> 5hmc ->

So - we fix ourselves in the bad FED gene expression or good FASTed gene expression state through use.
To be imagined as placing your food constantly on the accelerator makes the accelerator stick on and the brakes stick in the off position.

Easy to remember -
4 TET

So - food - is Catastrophe (Gourmand) and Cure (Gourmet).
But we do all know all of this - really.
We need though to work out the mechanism of altering appetite preference naturally and not advocate appetite change - as nobody will listen.

Cancer epidemiology.
Quote:
Twenty-five years ago, a landmark study by Richard Doll and Richard Peto concluded that 75–80% of cancers diagnosed in the United States in 1970 might theoretically have been prevented by altering environmental factors such as smoking, alcohol consumption and diet (R. Doll & R. Peto J. Natl Cancer Inst. 66, 1191–1308; 1981).
Nobody listened.

-- the number of epigenetics threads we've had over the years.
Epigenetics may be coming of age thanks to the mighty :-! 5hmc movement - alluded to in the posts above.

Last edited by SB_UK; 01-31-19 at 03:16 AM..
Old 01-31-19, 02:57 AM

But bringing things to a:

Summary

1. Human beings only NEED one thing - food and shelter handled by mitochondria
2. Mitochondria need feeding
3. They feed on fat and aren't happy around carbs (blood glucose)
Quote:
eg this idea
Mitochondria: The ketogenic diet—A metabolism-based therapy
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1357272515000321
4. If we change to desire a pro-mitochondrial diet - this requires a form of education (in effect to develop the conscience (the actual human mind) through enquiry into ethics) - then we eat 'to' mitochondrial preference. Note not because we have to - but because we change to wanting to - an actual appetite preference change occurs with the mind acquiring morality.
5. And the body thereafter does not become diseased.

And the species lived happily ever after.
The end.

Last edited by SB_UK; 01-31-19 at 03:20 AM..
Old 01-31-19, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Whatever you do - don't mix coffee in at the start.

So I use coffee pre-exercise.

Then staged up to 4 tablespoons of MCT oil as sole food through day.
And if hungry - nutritional yeast/hemp oil alongside.

But you do need to get your body used to it - tried mixing the three and then running as soon as the C8 MCT oil arrived. Ended up running in the opposite direction.
I thought I might actually be dying lol.

Okay so coffee plus oil is a no go. I've been too scared to give it a go since.
SB_UK (01-31-19)
Old 01-31-19, 06:29 AM

Let's try and bring things together and then peer into the future

1. Planck time was the first Universal structure (see Stephen Hawking)

2. The Universe consists of structures which're synchronized a bit like musical instuments in an orchestra - the reason why pulsars are Planck time accurate.

3. The synchrony plays out in man - with man offered (in effect) a fixed number of heart beats.

4. Now - we can reduce our resting heart rate through avodance of distress (yes your boss at work is killing you) and HIIT.

5. The heart beat pumps oxygen around our body.

6. Presumably reducing the need for the body to obtain oxygen would be useful in increasing longevity.

7. A tempting thought - but if we sit very still (etc) - then we become bored - there're 2 'distress' zones around a eustress zone for optimal human longevity or in plain English too little / too much kills us - with intentional reference to the Middle Way.

8. Now let's look at the Industrial -> Informational revolution in society in effect from heavy energy to light energy usage - which we need mimic in man.

9. A shift from the body working to the mind working is the basis to the Industrial -> Informational revolution in man.

10. Note though that the mind still requires ATP indirectly through cost of neural action potential generation.

11. So - our 'happy' place is a place of learning (eg the creation / appreciation or motor / sensory cortex) of information recognition (cerebellum).

12. The brain will require energy - and there's nothing that we can do about that - however we do know that the brain is awfully keen on ketones.

--- Now entering science fiction ---

13. Melanin can transduce energy from the electromagnetic spectrum in the absence of oxygen ie see radiotrophic fungae and particularly those that grow in space.
There's a direct mechanism of EM energy -> acetate (feeding mitochondria) in radiotrophic fungus.

14. A key path in the naked mole rat towards longevity is via fructose obviating the need for oxygen in operation - and a key part of my presentation is the use of inulin (oligofructose) through gut fermentation.

What am I suggesting ?

That the fixed number of heart beats can be reduced (slowed incredibly cf naked mole rat) by a few simple interventions currently.

A shift into the learning zone brings down peripheral/central oxygen requirements further (ie make the personal industrial -> informational transition).

However - that we're fairly close to reducing oxygen requirements yet further with a form of mitochondrial photosynthesis alongside gut biome soluble fibre/prebiotic/inulin fermentation process.

We can't do anything about 'being on the clock' - however may be able to slow the clock beat down to very slow indeed.

The first part of the idea can be handled by lifestyle change - lots of proven interventions in reducing heart rate - particularly like the idea of altitude training for instance.

The second part - will need to occur with actual evolutionary shift.

Do we want to live for longer ?

Well - not currently - life is akin to living within a zombie apocalypse with every person we pass trying to bite off our heads (steal our wallets).

However with an understanding that we've moved past materialism -> that we've moved past Understanding of context (the evolutionary mechanism of generalized Theory of Everything) -> into personal neural/psycho quality
- there is hope that people may want to live for longer.

Life need not be painful.

Last edited by SB_UK; 01-31-19 at 06:54 AM..