ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > SCIENTIFIC DISCUSSIONS, RESEARCH, NEWS AND EVENTS > Scientific, Philosophical & Theoretical Discussions > Open Science & Philosophical Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Open Science & Philosophical Discussion This forum is for open discussion, encouraging new and unconventional ways of thinking, welcoming posts in any format

Old 10-25-18, 04:36 AM

Vrantic is on a distinguished road
Hours, days and years - Whats time meaning for you?

Hello guys

I often find myself thinking about time and life.
When i think about time especially so i come to the point where i ask myself: What is time really meaning?

Sure thing its a measuring tool. But take a look at the universe and the earth, how long they already exist and how really young we are. In fact we are only a blink of an eye. How old is time anyway?

Time is a really relative thing. So relative you can get lost by thinking about it. You can start at your front porch. Driving to the shopping center may takes you from 15 -30 mins. But pooring a coke in you glass takes you 10 secs the whole process. Do you consider this long ot not? By thinking about and counting how long you need for these things to do they sure feel longer then they are. But if you are doing it and not thinking about they are go fast. You are sleeping a big time of you life but after you cant tell how long you slept if you didnt have a clock to look at.

Think about the past, maybe 300 years ago. We were pirates and settlers travelling the uncharted seas of this world. And if you look back 3000 years, there were kings and empires, tribes and vikings. And that seems like a real long time ago and we are proud of how we progressed. And yes, i agree, the progress is impressive. But what we called long ago is not really a differnce in the whole big picture. Its like in the same blink where man begin their existence as the time we invented iphones.

Thank you for reading my text, i appreciate that you are interessted in it

Now i want to ask you, dear reader, how you think about time and how it matters to you?

Last edited by Vrantic; 10-25-18 at 04:42 AM.. Reason: Memory error by posting full text
The Following User Says Thank You to Vrantic For This Useful Post:
mildadhd (10-25-18)