ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-19, 06:23 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 27,230 Times in 12,694 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Come on In If You're Online And Say Anything: Part III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhound1 View Post
I have a 4 day weekend at least depending on the storm. I took today off and was planning on working tomorrow. Work just announced we will be closed tomorrow! We’re never open on Sunday and Monday is Labor Day which we are closed for.
When will Dorian hit your area? Hope you have enough phone power to let us
know how it's going. Stay safe wishes.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (08-30-19), mctavish23 (09-08-19), namazu (08-30-19), SashaBV (08-31-19)
Old 08-30-19, 07:54 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 16,536 Times in 7,896 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
When will Dorian hit your area? Hope you have enough phone power to let us
know how it's going. Stay safe wishes.
Thank you. Last I heard was the outer rain bands would start late Sunday into Monday with land fall possibly Monday afternoon or night.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (08-31-19), mctavish23 (09-08-19), namazu (08-30-19), stef (08-31-19)
Old 08-31-19, 08:49 AM

Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhound1 View Post
Thank you. Last I heard was the outer rain bands would start late Sunday into Monday with land fall possibly Monday afternoon or night.
Just now saw a post in facebook about putting sod in a kiddie pool or large tub
for pets to use a bathroom in the garage or other covered place during weather
like hurricanes. Wonder what tub would be the right size for our chihuahua's to
use?

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (08-31-19), mctavish23 (09-08-19), namazu (08-31-19)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-19, 10:05 AM
Mind Racing Moderator

Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunacie View Post
wonder what tub would be the right size for our chihuahua's to
use?
This might work.
D6E68D04-B60B-41DD-981B-97A8B6A880FB.jpg
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (08-31-19), Lunacie (08-31-19), mctavish23 (09-08-19), namazu (08-31-19), stef (08-31-19)
Old 08-31-19, 11:16 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 23,904 Times in 14,135 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you stay safe, Great Hound
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (08-31-19), mctavish23 (09-08-19), namazu (08-31-19)
Old 08-31-19, 03:41 PM
Contributor

SashaBV will become famous soon enough

Our move to a new larger mobile home (same property of about 2 acres) has really woken me up to decluttering and giving away, throwing away or selling things. Yet I still need more motivation and hubby hasn't gotten serious about it. Two people only need so much stuff, you know, and the "stuff" gets in the way of living the rest of our lives (I'm 72 and he's 69) without spending too much money or without spending too much time cleaning and organizing our house. Hubby is finally giving an older scooter, power chair, manual w/c and various other things to an organization we heard last week about that fixes up things that other handicapped people can use. That's great! We love that this stuff can be of use and really didn't like the idea of selling them, know how tight money is for those less fortunate than my hubby. I might try selling or even giving away 2 old cheap chest of drawers we replaced with nicer ones as well as my DD's old desk from long ago. We live way in the country, so yard sales don't attract a lot of people and I'd have to move the stuff out near the driveway or under the carport (don't want people trooping though our new house) if I even do it later. DH can no longer do much to help and it would all be pretty much on me. But he doesn't seem to be open to giving away much in the way of tools and equipment. We even have one of those cement mixers (not a truck one, but the smaller kind) but so far I got a NO from him. He thinks we might need it for a project to put in a paved pathway for his power chair outside, to do a concrete area under our carport, also maybe a little patio in the back. Groan! Then there's lots of tools in the shed...some I KNOW that he won't use again. He used to have a business (A/C and appliance repair), but has been totally disabled as far as working since 2002. He can still do things like bill paying online for credit cards and a few simple repairs that don't require much of him physically. I do the rest of the bills myself. Occasionally he goes into the city for appointments or for shopping, but mostly when I go there he stays home. It's very frustrating for him that he can't work and can't contribute much help at home even. He gets full VA disability benefits. Right now, I have one vertebra in my back that is virtually destroyed from an accident earlier this year, so I am partially disabled and in pain on a daily basis. Hoping that eventually the doctors will figure out something to do medically that will help to relieve my pain and enable me to do more physically. I have a brace to wear, but in a hot climate, it's hard to do much outside with that, so I hate to use it outside...and even indoors with the A/C on very hot days, it can make me feel too hot. Sorry, didn't mean to go on and on. In any case, trying to be practical and organized is hard. My temp psych doctor finally put me back on Adderall ER...the IR Adderall combined with my pain med was bothering my stomach and was off Adderall entirely for a couple of weeks while I recovered my appetite and stopped losing weight. So happy to have my mind finally getting back to something close to really functioning more again. My regular doc is out on maternity leave until late in September...had her second baby!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SashaBV For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (08-31-19), Lunacie (08-31-19), mctavish23 (09-08-19), namazu (08-31-19), stef (08-31-19)
Old 08-31-19, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaBV View Post
Our move to a new larger mobile home (same property of about 2 acres) has really woken me up to decluttering and giving away, throwing away or selling things. Yet I still need more motivation and hubby hasn't gotten serious about it. Two people only need so much stuff, you know, and the "stuff" gets in the way of living the rest of our lives (I'm 72 and he's 69) without spending too much money or without spending too much time cleaning and organizing our house. Hubby is finally giving an older scooter, power chair, manual w/c and various other things to an organization we heard last week about that fixes up things that other handicapped people can use. That's great! We love that this stuff can be of use and really didn't like the idea of selling them, know how tight money is for those less fortunate than my hubby. I might try selling or even giving away 2 old cheap chest of drawers we replaced with nicer ones as well as my DD's old desk from long ago. We live way in the country, so yard sales don't attract a lot of people and I'd have to move the stuff out near the driveway or under the carport (don't want people trooping though our new house) if I even do it later. DH can no longer do much to help and it would all be pretty much on me. But he doesn't seem to be open to giving away much in the way of tools and equipment. We even have one of those cement mixers (not a truck one, but the smaller kind) but so far I got a NO from him. He thinks we might need it for a project to put in a paved pathway for his power chair outside, to do a concrete area under our carport, also maybe a little patio in the back. Groan! Then there's lots of tools in the shed...some I KNOW that he won't use again. He used to have a business (A/C and appliance repair), but has been totally disabled as far as working since 2002. He can still do things like bill paying online for credit cards and a few simple repairs that don't require much of him physically. I do the rest of the bills myself. Occasionally he goes into the city for appointments or for shopping, but mostly when I go there he stays home. It's very frustrating for him that he can't work and can't contribute much help at home even. He gets full VA disability benefits. Right now, I have one vertebra in my back that is virtually destroyed from an accident earlier this year, so I am partially disabled and in pain on a daily basis. Hoping that eventually the doctors will figure out something to do medically that will help to relieve my pain and enable me to do more physically. I have a brace to wear, but in a hot climate, it's hard to do much outside with that, so I hate to use it outside...and even indoors with the A/C on very hot days, it can make me feel too hot. Sorry, didn't mean to go on and on. In any case, trying to be practical and organized is hard. My temp psych doctor finally put me back on Adderall ER...the IR Adderall combined with my pain med was bothering my stomach and was off Adderall entirely for a couple of weeks while I recovered my appetite and stopped losing weight. So happy to have my mind finally getting back to something close to really functioning more again. My regular doc is out on maternity leave until late in September...had her second baby!
My daughter joined a facebook group for people who own and remodel mobile
homes, she's been doing some painting inside, we had some painting done
outside, and are planning to put down new vinyl in the kitchen. Some of those
folks are doing all kinds of projects and it sure makes me realize how limited
I've become in the last 3 years.

I ruptured a disk in my lower back over 40 years ago but managed to do most
things until I was in a bad car crash almost 4 years ago and had to admit to
myself that I just can't do very much because of the pain. I use a wheelchair
a lot more than I thought I'd be doing, but am thankful that by using it I can
still do some things for myself ... laundry, cleaning, cooking, shopping.

I can't do anything outdoors in the summer, have suffered heat exhaustion
twice over the years and can't handle the heat at all now.

So, congrats on the new home! And best wishes for help with your back pain.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (08-31-19), Little Missy (08-31-19), mctavish23 (09-02-19), namazu (09-01-19), SashaBV (09-01-19), stef (09-01-19)
Old 09-01-19, 01:13 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Cat-5 Hurricane Dorian has sustained winds now of 185 mph with gusts over 200 mph and a storm surge of 20-30 feet. The poor Bahamas are getting hammered! Marsh Harbor, Freeport and the Abacos will be forever changed.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (09-01-19), Lunacie (09-01-19), mctavish23 (09-02-19), midnightstar (09-01-19), namazu (09-01-19), stef (09-01-19), TygerSan (09-02-19)
Old 09-02-19, 02:48 PM
Secret Squirrel!! Moderator

Thanked 13,485 Times in 5,453 Posts
TygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond repute

I survived back to school clothes shopping at an outlet mall on Labor Day. I only cried once. All done. I get gold star?

"being lost,/ being crazy maybe/ is not so bad/ if you can be/ that way/ undisturbed."
Charles Bukowski
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TygerSan For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (09-02-19), Lunacie (09-02-19), mctavish23 (09-02-19), midnightstar (09-02-19), namazu (09-02-19), stef (09-03-19)
Old 09-02-19, 03:05 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 23,904 Times in 14,135 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TygerSan View Post
I survived back to school clothes shopping at an outlet mall on Labor Day. I only cried once. All done. I get gold star?
*gives Tyger a whole book full of gold stars*
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (09-02-19), Lunacie (09-02-19), mctavish23 (09-02-19), namazu (09-02-19), stef (09-03-19), TygerSan (09-02-19)
Old 09-02-19, 03:09 PM
Contrapunctual Moderator

Thanked 21,559 Times in 10,875 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute

Malls are bad enough when it's not a major sale-associated holiday weekend...

You only cried once? Well done!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (09-02-19), Lunacie (09-02-19), mctavish23 (09-02-19), midnightstar (09-02-19), stef (09-03-19), TygerSan (09-02-19)
Old 09-02-19, 05:13 PM

Thanked 10,389 Times in 3,265 Posts
mctavish23 has disabled reputation

Greetings & Stuff !! Happy Labor Day.

Stay Safe

Robert
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mctavish23 For This Useful Post:
aeon (09-06-19), Greyhound1 (09-02-19), Little Missy (09-02-19), midnightstar (09-02-19), namazu (09-02-19), stef (09-03-19), TygerSan (09-02-19)
Old 09-06-19, 02:36 PM
Minecraft Mod-rater

Thanked 1,496 Times in 771 Posts
TurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to all

That awkward moment when you read something the wrong way and it sounds inappropriate and out of character for that person to say.... LOL..

It's also awkward when you confuse a different post in your Facebook feed with someone else's post or even an advertisement... You're reading into it, like "wow man, I didn't know you were so passionate about that topic".. only to find out it was someone else... LOL
Lunacie (09-06-19), mctavish23 (09-08-19), midnightstar (09-06-19), stef (09-06-19)
Old 09-08-19, 01:50 PM

Thanked 27,619 Times in 13,363 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

The Twins beat Cleveland yesterday and now have a 6.5 game lead
The Following User Says Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
mctavish23 (09-08-19)
Old 09-08-19, 03:42 PM

Thanked 10,389 Times in 3,265 Posts
mctavish23 has disabled reputation

Okay, so now that I've lived in MN for (literally) more that half my life, I

wisely picked the Vikings over the Falcons today. So, while there's still about

1 quarter left, the fact that it's already 28-0 Vikings says it all

Meanwhile back at the ranch, today is Day#1 of my 2 Prep Days for a repeat

colonoscopy from 2018, that was "inconclusive"= MORE PREP NEEDED

The "really good stuff" comes tomorrow though However, fear not due

to the fact that even Wheat Grass doesn't gross me out

I shall graciously leave you with the fact that you have only 3 more shopping

days til my 69th BDay on Thurs.

UR Welcome
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mctavish23 For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (09-08-19), Lunacie (09-08-19), namazu (09-08-19), stef (09-08-19)