ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-19, 11:22 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 27,493 Times in 13,309 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Come on In If You're Online And Say Anything: Part III

Quote:
Originally Posted by TygerSan View Post
I am generally a sceptic about things....every one in a while I have a dream that makes me question things. Once I awoke from a horrific nightmare about a car wreck in a complete panic. Turns out my dads secretary got into a terrible wreck the same night.

Last week I dreamt that I got placed in a class that would normally not have any support staff, and that is a subject that few folks have familiarity with (me being one of them). I got my schedule yesterday, and Iím in that exact class! Not only that, but the scheduling folks had no idea I had any familiarity with the subject.
Is this a good or a bad thing? I don't understand what you mean by "support staff".

I have dreams when I am preoccupied about things, it's very blurry but there was this "scene" where a large book I needed was hidden in a rock outside. I guess a fake rock because it felt like styrofoam and it "opened" like the top of a pumpkin.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (08-27-19), Little Missy (08-27-19), Lunacie (08-27-19)
Old 08-27-19, 12:04 PM

Thanked 26,918 Times in 12,561 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tudorose View Post
Lunacie there may be a couple of things if you haven't already tried them. My buddy at work has chronic migraines. She's got some sort of tens device that looks like a wonder woman headband. It helps her a lot.

The other thing is my husband can't take nsaids for the next 6 months as of last week so he's trying to cut carbs to lesson the blood sugar highs and lows. The other thing that helps is citrulline malate (malic acid) but I've run out and need to get some more.

He's also cut out gluten and dairy and it seems to help (so far fingers crossed)

I'll let you know if this works
I've seen others talk about that Cefaly device on the migraine support group.
I don't understand how electric pulses on the forehead can help but if Medicare
would buy me one, I'd be willing to try it.

I've not heard of Malic Acid, had to look it up. Says it can help pain reduction,
especially in fibromyalgia. I'm going to the pharmacy to pick up my meds in a
bit, will look for that while I'm there.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
tudorose (09-13-19)
Old 08-27-19, 07:45 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 16,348 Times in 7,820 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

I’ve stared at this screen and into space now for 10 mins. and can’t think of anything worth saying.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
aeon (08-28-19), Little Missy (08-27-19), stef (08-28-19)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-19, 09:35 PM

Thanked 22,380 Times in 12,052 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhound1 View Post
Iíve stared at this screen and into space now for 10 mins. and canít think of anything worth saying.
Me too. itinerary, daily activities, new people moving in or out, blah,,, I havn't had an SSDI check for 4 months. Finally I asked my State Farm Agent -I know, auto and life- to investigate. About blew the roof off of those haughty humps of fake help and one was even Woman of the Year for ransacking and pillaging. Ha! Stealing from me and I have Special Help-oh boy now the cauldrons are bubbling PLUS the back pay.

we shall see

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (08-28-19), Greyhound1 (08-27-19), Lunacie (08-27-19), stef (08-28-19)
Old 08-27-19, 09:48 PM

Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

My favourite Maintenance GUY Of All Time isn't here anymore and he use to tell me in detail what Aretha wore every day of the week long visitation at that scary funeral home last year. Today was the last day, again, in blue top and bottom in a bronze box.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (08-28-19), Greyhound1 (08-27-19), namazu (08-29-19), stef (08-29-19)
Old 08-29-19, 04:44 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute
Hurricane Dorian has us right in her cross hairs. As of now itís expected to be a Cat-4 hitting here Monday evening.

Every gas station is packed or has run out of gas. No one has any bottled water unless it just came in today and it will be gone very quickly.

I have plenty of water and food. My neighbor has a generator and said we could run a drop cord off it if we lose power. We have metal hurricane shutters on all the sliders and windows. Iím totally prepared to ride out the storm and witness the awesome power of Mother Nature!

Last edited by Greyhound1; 08-29-19 at 06:52 PM..
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
aeon (08-30-19), Little Missy (08-29-19), Lunacie (08-29-19), namazu (08-29-19), stef (08-29-19)
Old 08-29-19, 06:33 PM

Thanked 26,918 Times in 12,561 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: NFL Football

Quote:
Hurricane Dorian has us right in her cross hairs. As of now itís expected to be a Cat-4 hitting here Monday evening.

Every gas station is packed or has run out of gas. No one has any bottled water unless it just came in today and it will be gone very quickly.

I have plenty of water and food. My neighbor has a generator and said we could run a drop cord off it if we lose power. We have metal hurricane shutters on all the sliders and windows. Iím totally prepared to ride out the storm and witness the awesome power of Mother Nature!
Stay Safe energies sent to you and all your neighbors. My migraine buddies
say it's already causing a lot of pain for them.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (08-29-19)
Old 08-29-19, 08:56 PM
Contrapunctual Moderator

Thanked 21,421 Times in 10,806 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I was going to ask about that, but then remembered you were in S. Florida and thought of Dorian's path as more "Central FL", but maybe "South Florida" starts further north than I thought!

Are you on high-ish ground and away from the beachfront, I hope?

Glad to hear you're prepared with food and the neighbor's generator.

Stay safe!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
aeon (08-30-19), Greyhound1 (08-30-19), stef (08-30-19)
Old 08-29-19, 09:28 PM

Thanked 30,768 Times in 14,149 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Oh no. Stay safe!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (08-30-19), Little Missy (08-29-19)
Old 08-29-19, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
Oh no. Stay safe!!
and keep Buddy Love safe too!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (08-30-19), Greyhound1 (08-30-19)
Old 08-30-19, 12:52 AM
Mind Racing Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by namazu View Post
I was going to ask about that, but then remembered you were in S. Florida and thought of Dorian's path as more "Central FL", but maybe "South Florida" starts further north than I thought!

Are you on high-ish ground and away from the beachfront, I hope?

Glad to hear you're prepared with food and the neighbor's generator.

Stay safe!
Generally, Lake Okeechobee is considered by people here to be the northern part of S. Florida. Southern end of the lake is S. Florida and the northern end is central FL.

Last night they were predicting a more central Fl. landfall near Cape Canaveral. This morning and afternoon it was Palm Beach Co. Not sure if itís changed again.

Thanks and will stay safe.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
aeon (08-30-19), Lunacie (08-30-19), namazu (08-30-19), stef (08-30-19)
Old 08-30-19, 10:11 AM
Contrapunctual Moderator

Thanked 21,421 Times in 10,806 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Generally, Lake Okeechobee is considered by people here to be the northern part of S. Florida. Southern end of the lake is S. Florida and the northern end is central FL.
Ah, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhound1
Last night they were predicting a more central Fl. landfall near Cape Canaveral. This morning and afternoon it was Palm Beach Co. Not sure if itís changed again.
Yes, it seems each successive run of their models has shifted the path slightly south, which is bad news for that more heavily populated area.

I should probably check in on my 96-year-old cousin in Delray Beach... (Fortunately, both of her kids live nearby.)

How do you feel about the Publix "hurricane cake"? In poor taste, or tasty humor?

(Article from Orlando Weekly.)
The Following User Says Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (08-30-19)
Old 08-30-19, 10:17 AM

Thanked 27,493 Times in 13,309 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

OMG, that cake is in very poor taste for marketing, what were they thinking? And also it looks like it has way too much frosting (even for me).
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
aeon (08-30-19), Greyhound1 (08-30-19), namazu (08-30-19)
Old 08-30-19, 12:31 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by namazu View Post
Ah, thanks!

Yes, it seems each successive run of their models has shifted the path slightly south, which is bad news for that more heavily populated area.

I should probably check in on my 96-year-old cousin in Delray Beach... (Fortunately, both of her kids live nearby.)

How do you feel about the Publix "hurricane cake"? In poor taste, or tasty humor?

(Article from Orlando Weekly.)
I work in Delray Beach. Itís about 8 miles from where we live. If your cousin or her kids need any help or anything please let me know.

I donít know how a Publix chocolate chip cookie cake could ever be in poor taste. They taste really good.

I didnít think, I would ever say this but it may contain too much icing as Stef said. Upsetting the critical balance between chocolate chip cookie and icing. Lots of people have hurricane parties so I think itís tasty humor. I would never speak poorly of a cake I havenít tried.
Lunacie (08-30-19), namazu (08-30-19), stef (08-31-19)
Old 08-30-19, 04:09 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

I have a 4 day weekend at least depending on the storm. I took today off and was planning on working tomorrow. Work just announced we will be closed tomorrow! Weíre never open on Sunday and Monday is Labor Day which we are closed for.
aeon (08-30-19), namazu (08-30-19), stef (08-31-19)