ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Concerta
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Concerta (methylphenidate) Time released Ritalin - 10 hour long acting tablet.

Old 02-19-19, 11:02 PM
Jr Member

Shane72 is on a distinguished road
Side effects

Since going to 54mg one week ago I have started having some side effects. They include; cold hands and feet, feeling way more emotional than Iím used to ( tearey), very lethargic, a little agitated, unmotivated and spaced out. I didnít experience all of these symptoms at first. The emotional aspect was strong at first but has waned a bit. But, though not present the first few days the spaced out lethargic feeling has now become dominate.

I did not experience any of these symptoms prior on 18 or 36mg. I could tell a slight slowing of my cognition on the 36mg about 8 hours after taking it. Though I wasnít at a 100% on the 36mg it was helping a good bit.

Are my side effects normal when the dose is too high?

Would it be best to drop back down to 36mg and maybe start a Ritalin booster for the afternoon early evening?

Thanks
Old 06-10-19, 10:31 AM

NightCrow01 is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Side effects

Hey i think you shouldn't be scared i've been using 54mg concerta since childhood when you first start taking it these side effects will happen but if you keep using it the side effects should stop in maximum of a week have good day pal .
Old 06-14-19, 12:18 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,094 Times in 15,350 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Side effects

Have you considered asking for the doses to be split up for twice a day? Like 36mg in the am and 18 in the pm?

I carried a watermelon?
Sponsored Links