ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > PARENTS OF CHILDREN WITH ADD/ADHD > Primary & Secondary Education
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Primary & Secondary Education This forum is for parents to discuss issues related to their children's education and AD/HD.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-18-19, 10:18 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 4,165 Times in 2,150 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation
segregating kids with allergies during lunch hour

I imagine a lot of kids with ADHD have allergies. My niece has a nut allergy and she is forced at lunch time to sit all by herself at a separate table. She does have one friend join her during lunch but you know kids, sooner or later, I can imagine that other girl wanting to socialize with the other kids as well during lunch and leaving my niece all to her lonesome.

Has this happened to any of your kids and if so, were you able to do anything about it?

I'm absolutely appalled. They also grade my niece down in PE cause she can't throw a ball and jump as far as the rest of the kids - they are like 6 inches taller than her so of course she can't do as much even though she's actually extremely athletic. Her school sucks.