ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Concerta
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Concerta (methylphenidate) Time released Ritalin - 10 hour long acting tablet.

Old 02-06-14, 10:18 AM

Diesel81 is on a distinguished road
Re: Anyone feel anxious/irritated/angry on Concerta?

Ok. Hey Mixic. Like I've been emphasizing on with mainly the betaine stuff. Which is Trimethylglycine and you can find Trimethylglycine in supplements right? Alright. You are probably getting up there in age right? If you've been on a merry go round with stimulants cause you feel you are dependent on them. You're probably "living from prescription to prescription" right? You feel like you don't know what you're gonna do or you don't care after your prescription runs out; you'll find a way to get more concerta, adderall, whatever. The point is you need something to get you through. I don't wanna say it's a addiction but if this is your story as well as mine, it kinda has a profile of addiction. I know I feel psychologically dependent on methlyphenlidate or adderall.

If you're like me and you keep coming back for more scripts for your energy, focus, and motivation, you can fix the energy and motivation you once had basically by doing like a Trimethylglycine (betaine) therapy! Just go buy the supplement. Buy it with like I mentioned SAMe in this post. Buy these 2 and other things I mentioned like a methylcobalamin form of B12, Krill oil and conenzyme q10.

See, Trimethylglycine over your life gets depleted from your body and by the fact that you, like me take these stimulants along with the stress of life these days facilitates this depletion even more. And what do you do when this trimethylglycine gets to a point in your life when its to low and you have no ambition for life, you take a stimulant to get you threw the day and by doing that, this trimethylglycine never gets replenished in your cells! It's like a vicious cycle and the doctors don't want to or because of some conspiracy, they haven't been educated to tell you this because they want you to come back for more drugs!

Ok, so get you some trimethylglycine and don't worry of petty things it may cause, like weight gain, sleepiness, or kind of a bigger appetite than you had before. It's all healthy. It's all apart of the healing process of you're body restoring what it lost before the stimulants and stress that prompt you to repeatedly go back for stimulants in the first place. If you object to what I'm saying. that trimethylglycine isn't worth it because of initial weight gain and sleepiness, then you might get to a point where you had enough of ignoring your body like I have where I thought I should start listening to my body for a change cause whatever I'm doing, is not working and I'm tired of it all! If there was ever a time when you wanted to get off stims for good and didn't know how, then you do it with trimethylglycine supplementation.

But back to your question, just take 1,000-1,500mg of trimethylglycine, betaine, TMG, whatever you call it before you sleep and it should most definetly knock you out. Take some at night with some melatonin and magnesium too and you should be good.

Last edited by BR549; 02-10-14 at 03:13 AM.. Reason: paragraph breaks for ease of reading only
Old 02-14-14, 09:44 PM

Oh hey peeps. I just found this out myself. Watch out for some of the Trimethylglycine (TMG) or betaine you buy for it might be lab synthesized which means it might not absorb in your body as good to where you may not get the full benefits. Like for instance; I say I just found this out after trying a hard rhino brand Trimethylglycine from off of ebay (because I ran out of the betaine sup. I had before) and the hard rhino brand just wasn't potentate enuff or the absorption just wasn't there or something, but I just wasn't as satisfied as with the other brand I had before. The other/first betaine/TMG product I used is now called "Premier HCL" (formerly known as Quantum Betaine HCL) by "Premier Research Labs". Now the premier one is actually beet derived and not synthetically made in a lab so far as the active ingredient goes. Now please don't think i'm a seller of a product or anything. I don't care what you buy. I just don't want you to blame me as if I don't know what I'm talking about when you buy betaine/TMG and you don't feel a significant change within a few days to a week all because you bought some cheap lab made brand when you need to get a brand made from beets!! Yeah. so i'm telling you once again listeners out there in addforum land (or wherever), you need this product for your frontline aid if you are to combat these nasty stimulant side effects and/or withdrawals. As for everything else I mentioned on page 1, it will help too but you kinda have to play with doses and times of the other listed supplements. If you're in doubt, just trust me, it's all about the body's methylation process and by you taking methylphenidate, it is certainly effecting this process. Now when the chances are you are having side effects, withdrawals, or dependencies, you are most definitely effecting that process in a negative way so therefore, you gotta correct it with something right? That's all I'm saying. Well anyway. Imma go for now but hey, hit me up if any of this works for you. Yall take it easy and write back please. peace.
Old 02-28-14, 07:11 PM

Hey. On that same note. when you do decide to quit ritalin, get you alot of vitamin B1. I take a supplement called benfotiamine which is a fat soluble form of B1. But yeah, I conclude that long term use of mainly trimethylglycine and vitamin B1 when you get off of ritalin should reverse the methylation damage that ritalin caused over a long period of taking it. I might add that vitamin B1 is given for alcohol withdrawls too. I hope this works for you as it is for me. Also, get you plenty of exercise and protein while you are doing this detox treatment. You may find that while you do this treatment, you experience adhd symptoms along with a unmotivated yet relaxed outlook which is the opposite while you were on (and the reason you started taking) ritalin. With that said, thats how I know my body and nerves are trying to repair their-self of the damage that ritalin caused over a long period of time which is how you must look at it too as during this healing process, ignore your adhd as I feel you will get better in time and soon you wont even have adhd if you do what I'm saying.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-14, 06:26 PM
Jr Member

Charlslee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by konokoro View Post
It sounds to me like you are experiencing a rather bad "crash". Methylphenidate, no matter in what form inhibits Noradrenaline and Dopamine, and when your mediaction starts to wear off your brain has to adapt to that.

These are some methods to easen the crash which I personally find useful:
* nutrition. Eat regularly when you're hungry, even though you might not have the appetite. If you find eating solid foods too hard, consume liquid foods like yoghurts, sports drinks without sugar, smoothies or milk.

* drink at least 2 liters a day. You need more water if you are on the meds for some reason. At least that is the case for me. If might be because they speed up your metabolism.

* take some vitamin C 3 hours after you ingested the meds. Pill form of fruit, whichever you prefer.

It would be great if you could try those. Tell me if they work!

When do you experience those symptoms, do they start about 6-10 hours after taking your meds? If the answer is yes, it is a crash. If not, talk to your doctor and have him/her prescribe you another medication.
Vitamin C would actually speed up the excretion of Methylphenidate: it acidifies your urine.
Old 06-15-14, 09:17 PM

Herose is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixic62 View Post
Hi! I'm new here, and my biggest problem too is I get real tense and get anxiety from Concerta :/

I've had a med-break now for two weeks, my mood is generally great throughout the day - only problem is, and this is a HUGE problem, I get really sleepy after school.
I get home and sleep for about five hours, which means I'm wide awake when it's time for bed - this results in me not getting up in the morning and I skip school and sleep until noon

I get so tired, nothing helps! I just have to sleep and it's ruining my life!
Today I went on Concerta again (54 mg), and the first two hours I feel GREAT, but after that, I get really tense and get anxiety, I can't do anything productive.. I don't know what to do :/

Should I try changing my medication to amphetamine? (PS, I can't take Ritaline because of side-effects, my physician refuses to give it to me, so it's Concerta or amphetamine (which I've never tried before)).

Any advice/help is deeply appreciated, Mixic (Norway, 22 years old).
after a two week break you START with 54mg? Damn that is high. your problems might be caused by high dosage. just ask for a lower dosage (36mg /27mg /18mg) and see how it works for you. I have been on any of those dosages and I can say that side-effecst aswell as the main effects are bigger as the dosage goes up. So I'd say, start with that.
Old 06-20-14, 10:03 PM

Zanela123 is on a distinguished road

I started concerta 54 mg this week too. Took it for 5 days and I also felt anxious and irritated.

I also felt so dull and apathetic during the crash. Makes me not to take it anymore.. even though I've been told to stick through it so your body can adjust, I haven't detected many added benefits either.

I think i might try Straterra, even though it doesn't work for a lot of people.
Old 06-26-14, 10:20 AM

thebruh is on a distinguished road

I used to get really bad anxiety when I took my Ritalin. I then got Xanax to stop the anxiety then after a while of taking that my anxiety kind of just went away. I think that from realizing how clear my mind was on Xanax made me not worry as much when not on it. Remember its all in your head and there is really nothing wrong. As for the mood swings I notice it is a little easier to make me mad but i dont just snap. Ivwould try taking it daily and see if that helps. Do you get irritable when you come down from it? That is bornally when i do because sometimes i feel awful.
Old 07-26-14, 12:55 PM

Like I commented before. Ritalin really effects methylation. If yall feel irritated, get you 500mcg of the supplement 5-MTHF (folate -not folic acid) and then get you some glucosamine (they sell for joints) and some whey protein or something high in protein and it will help with the irritation.
Old 07-26-14, 02:51 PM

Thelema93 is on a distinguished road

My first experience with Concerta as I thought it was best I've ever on but very quickly the dosage wasn't sufficient in the dosage that I needed the doc thought was too high he wasn't very experience with ADHD and didn't combine it with Ritalin I think would've been a good combination after reading some of these posts seems like the docs are tinkering with the meds a bit more get you better relief. However the circumstances were that I had to go off all meds for a couple of years and I went back on concerts at first last year and it was a horrible it made me paranoid and when I explained it to the doctor she seemed to recognize what was going on and made an adjustment back to the Adderall
Old 03-17-19, 02:18 AM

ADOoOLA is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Anyone feel anxious/irritated/angry on Concerta?

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgmelol7 View Post
I've been taking 56mg for a 4+ months now, about 4 days a week. When i'm on it I often notice that I get quite irritated/annoyed easily, I feel somewhat hyper-sensitive to what's going on around me. I especially feel this way when i'm focusing on a task, and someone tries talking to me, or when people are just around me. I feel very annoyed by them and end up acting rude / anti-social towards them.

Also, I sometimes feel anxious when taking it. I end up feeling uneasy, nervous, with a feeling similar to an adrenaline rush..

Does anyone eles ever feel this way when taking Concerta? Is it possible that my dose may be too high?

I find it very hard to concentrate when i'm constantly annoyed by my surroundings. It feels like Concerta only improves my concentration/mood 1/2 the time, the other 1/2 of the time I feel anxious/annoyed/angry.
hello my friend, this is way too old post, but while i'm experiencing such a symptoms, i searched about it online so i saw this post, anyway, in the past i used to go to the gym regularly, and that habit soothed my symptoms greatly, i even was lifting higher number of weights, nowadays i'm not exercising as used to be, and i feel this type of 'tense', or 'mental resistance', it's like when someone talks to me wrong or act without considering others i'm going to smash him with punch of his face just kidding.... i'm gonna list some of the very useful things that helped me through those types of symptoms and also helped me elevating my life general quality... :

- planning: plan a year a head, what do i want to accomplish, then i break it into monthly list, what each month should i accomplish in order to achieve the things i desire within 1 year (or maybe more than 1 year, 2 years, 5 years...), monthly list is broken into weekly list, then into daily list: what tasks should i focus on during this day (ex: studying a certain subject, going to gym, going to do something i fear, all tasks are related to finance/relationship/health, which are the 3 most important goals/values...), setting priorities, then only working on the highest priority tasks.... this act of forcing my self in doing things that are important to my life gives me so much self confidence, higher my self esteem, and make me love my self even more & more...

- eating well: especially if i'm working to hit a certain weight target, eating well like eating high protein, high calorie (since i'm a thin guy), 5 meals/day, sometimes i force my self into drinking the smoothie or the shake, because 'Concerta' give me a feeling of 'nausea', which leads to eating intolerance then to 'fatigue', so when i eat well, i feel higher energy and less tense.

- socializing: it's usually the last thing i do in my day, it's just having fun with the people i like, and since i'm a selfish person, i choose only the people who're positive, egoless, confident ... anyway so i'm kinda selective in this thing also since (85% of your happiness comes from the people around you), so it's really crucial for me to stay away from negative people who usually deplete my energy, who makes a negative mental images about the world, who only think & talk in terms of problems & complaints... omg just talking about this part can make me tense....... anyway so socializing, have fun, bully others, just the act of 'expression' can make me calm inside...

those are some of my useful tips that i use, i just joined this website and i liked the moment i read some of the posts, because many of them i've experienced them, so i'm sharing my thoughts, and my experience, maybe it's gonna be useful also to someone....

best you the best

Do The Things That You Fear, And The Death Of Fear Is Certain.