ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Concerta
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Concerta (methylphenidate) Time released Ritalin - 10 hour long acting tablet.

Old 11-19-18, 11:13 AM

DarkMaGiicS is on a distinguished road
Lost its effects

So been taking Concerts 90mg for quiet awhile and its completely lost its effects, The doctor thinks its down to anxiety and has gave me 5mg boost that has done nothing to help either, Currently tried Stettera and got side effects thay left me in bed

The last medication i know in UK is Elvanse, But i don't think my doctor gets the hint i want to change medication and even if he does change medication what are the chances he will put me back on Atomoxetine and not Elvanse?

Elvanse as been told is weak, As in weak, Its the weakest amp, But doesn't mean its weaker then Concerta, I'v had many people saying they have been so successful from chanfing to Elvanse, I take 90mg So i'd probably need 70 Elvanse,

How can i tell the doctor i want to change my medication and change to Elvanse without me sounding like a drug seeking?
The Following User Says Thank You to DarkMaGiicS For This Useful Post:
MindBlind (11-28-18)
Old 11-20-18, 09:43 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

CharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to all
Re: Lost its effects

Amphetamines work differently than methylphenidate, so I don't think you can predict the dose of Elvanse from your dose of Concerta. The amphetamines might work for you, or they might not. No way to tell for sure until you can try the prescription (and perhaps at a few different doses).
Old 11-21-18, 01:23 AM
ADDvanced Member

PI-ADHD 29 is on a distinguished road

I also use concerta 54mg+20 mg ritalin at the same time by doctor's recommendation. I've built up tolerance to Methylphenidates. I've spoken this issue with doc. And i've asked doctor that i want to try an amphetamine drug. I said that i had read in somewhere that amphetamines are better than mph's for inattentive adhd. But he said me that amph's have too high potential for addiction. And he just increased the mph's dosage. As i know lisdexamphetamine's abuse potential is very low. Also to my knowledge ritalin also could be abused by drug seekers.
I've never used amph's until now. Mph only very slightly effects me and I'm losing time. I just want to try amph's.
I can't understand why doctors in Europe do not want to prescribe amph's at all. To my knowledge in US most of doctors start adhd treatment with amph's like adderall (potential for abusing is higher than elvanse).
Started with ritalin (worked only for two weeks)
Also tried wellbutrin and strattera
Now: ritalin and medikinet
For about three years local corticosteroid pomades for atopic dermatitis.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-18, 12:13 PM

nofuns is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Re: Lost its effects

Was taking 2x 36mg Concerta and getting 5/10 effectiveness. Cut to 2 months later and various other meds changes (I have TDR and OCD) and a 36mg Concerta pill literally has no effect. I feel nothing from it.

It's really weird and, well, depressing.
Pete
Old 11-28-18, 02:45 PM
ADDvanced Member

MindBlind is a jewel in the roughMindBlind is a jewel in the roughMindBlind is a jewel in the rough

I think this might be happening to me now, but I’m not 100% sure. I’m going to stop taking it over the weekend and see if it does make any difference. I’m seeing my psychiatrist in a few weeks so I might bring it up with him. It might explain why I can’t filter my thoughts or process sensory stuff as well.
Old 12-04-18, 06:57 PM

DarkMaGiicS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBlind View Post
I think this might be happening to me now, but Iím not 100% sure. Iím going to stop taking it over the weekend and see if it does make any difference. Iím seeing my psychiatrist in a few weeks so I might bring it up with him. It might explain why I canít filter my thoughts or process sensory stuff as well.
Doctor gave me some anti-anxiety and told me to have a 5 day break. Done it and concerta got its effect back

He said everyone is different and tolerates different, some work some dont, some work for a while and that ect..

But if happens again i'm getting swapped to Ritalin LA, And if i have a problem with that, my medication gettinh swapped completly to Elvanse

So you should bring it up to your doctor because it can be many reasons why, Eating, Exercise, Tolerance, Sleeping ect