ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adult Education
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adult Education This forum is to discuss issues related to ADD and higher education.

Old 05-25-10, 07:01 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 3,267 Times in 1,840 Posts
doiadhd has a reputation beyond reputedoiadhd has a reputation beyond reputedoiadhd has a reputation beyond reputedoiadhd has a reputation beyond reputedoiadhd has a reputation beyond reputedoiadhd has a reputation beyond reputedoiadhd has a reputation beyond reputedoiadhd has a reputation beyond reputedoiadhd has a reputation beyond reputedoiadhd has a reputation beyond reputedoiadhd has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What's the best "fidget toy"?

Whopps
Old 05-25-10, 08:58 AM
Secret Squirrel!! Moderator

Thanked 13,443 Times in 5,443 Posts
TygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond repute

Stress balls (the foam ones) . . . I have a couple free ones I got at a conference in the shape of a brain . . . they fit into the hand nicely. Better than the spheres.
Old 05-27-10, 12:35 PM
Contributor

emma13 is a glorious beacon of lightemma13 is a glorious beacon of lightemma13 is a glorious beacon of lightemma13 is a glorious beacon of lightemma13 is a glorious beacon of light

stress balls seem to do the trick well. i can use it while reading, while attending (boring) meetings, while being passenger in a car. almost anytime actually.
Old 05-29-10, 11:26 AM
Jr Member

Violet Dragua will become famous soon enough

maybe get one of those rings thats twist
Old 05-30-10, 01:52 PM
Forum Guru

Logic is a name known to allLogic is a name known to allLogic is a name known to allLogic is a name known to allLogic is a name known to allLogic is a name known to allLogic is a name known to all

I used to have a few pieces of Lego in my pocket for fiddling with, only four/five small bits though, so no huge great lengths or fancy parts, just a few different sized regular old bricks.
Stopped carrying them so much these days (not been doing it consistently for about 6 months now) after I wound up getting lifted by the police - they were called out by a neighbour as I was setting off fireworks in the evening and they took me in as I was 'agitated'... Anyway, when they emptied my pockets, they came across the Lego and promptly ripped the **** out of me, causing me to display yet more inappropriate behaviours and get into even more trouble.

If I catch myself squirming or fidgeting now, I pick up something, like my phone or anything that I can hold in my hands really, and clutch that to try and stop myself - that's only outside my house now though, I still spend hours messing about with Lego at home.

Logic
Old 08-29-16, 08:29 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

casper is just really nicecasper is just really nicecasper is just really nicecasper is just really nice

Gum, silly putty and pens
If your important people will wait for u!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to casper For This Useful Post:
aeon (08-29-16), Jenn1202 (01-27-17)
Old 11-29-16, 06:49 PM

33Forward has a spectacular aura about33Forward has a spectacular aura about

I usually wear two rings. One is a high quality stainless spinner ring that I got years ago. All the newer ones I've found are cheap metal junk that barely spin at all. The other is a raw chunk of Moldavite in an odd shaped setting.
I also have an earring, its a small hoop with a ball in the edge of the ring.

I keep looking for other ideas. I have a couple things I might build on my own, just to see if they would work.

If you search the tube for Jessica's channel "HowToADHD", she does this review on a fidget cube, which looks really promising. It has 6 sides, and therefore, 6 different fidgets, including buttons, switches, gears, a roller ball, etc. Its pretty cool, and when they actually start making them (its a kickstarter project) I will probably have to have one. or two.
(not Einstein, as some believe)
"Right now...time is having its way with you." -Van Halen

"It is the same with people as it is with riding a bike. Only when moving can one comfortably maintain one's balance." -Albert Einstein
Old 11-29-16, 08:41 PM

JosieK has a spectacular aura aboutJosieK has a spectacular aura about

I'm normally moving some part of my body. I bounce my leg, or if my legs are crossed I'll wiggle my foot. I used to crack my knuckles all the time, but not so much anymore. I play with my hair or fidget with something I'm wearing. I play with my ears a lot too.

When I was in school I almost always had a pen in my hand I was playing with. I would click it, twirl it, doodle with it. I loved pens that could be disassembled and put back together. Since I'm always writing myself reminders on post-it notes, even now I always have pens around to play with if I want.
The Following User Says Thank You to JosieK For This Useful Post:
Jenn1202 (01-27-17)
Old 11-30-16, 05:30 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Jenn1202 will become famous soon enough

I used to doodle or play Tetris
Rx: 2007-2012: Ritalin LA 30, Ritalin IR 10 X 2; 2013: Daytrana 10; Jan-Jul 2014: Ritalin IR 10mg; Aug 2014: Adderall IR 5mg; Sep 2014: Dex IR 5mg (Barr/Mal); Nov 2015: Zenzedi 5mg; 2016: off meds; Current : Zenzedi 5mg
Dx: 2004: ADHD, 2012: Hyperthyroidism, medication-induced rapid heartbeat/palpitations; 2013: Hashimoto's, PVCs/PACs; 2014: Innocent heart murmur, 2016: Roemheld syndrome and the list goes on and on..
Old 01-20-17, 01:41 PM

jbradindaghetto is on a distinguished road

I'm new here and I didn't see my favourite new option. In school I used to just doodle but I'd end up hyper-focusing on that, and then class would end and I missed the whole thing.

I recently discovered this item called the Jitter Box Focus Toy:
http://youtu.be/GeeiXdns_YE
Each side has something different to do. Some do click but many of the parts or quiet. It has little buttons, a roller ball, a tiny joystick etc.

Last edited by Greyhound1; 01-21-17 at 03:11 AM.. Reason: Replaced commercial link which are prohibited with YouTube video
Old 04-03-17, 01:16 PM

zzzsmokeyzzz is on a distinguished road

I am addicted to my bike chain key ring fidget. They don't look great in pictures but wow are they fun to fidget with!

Last edited by namazu; 04-03-17 at 01:20 PM.. Reason: Removed link to commercial website (not allowed).
Old 04-04-17, 04:47 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,105 Times in 15,355 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

A cat. Meow.

I carried a watermelon?
Old 06-05-17, 04:19 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Location: ny upstate where there are cows and trees and stuff.
DJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to allDJ Bill is a name known to all

Anyone get any relief with one of the spinner toys that they are selling everywhere now? I got one at the discount store for $3.99 to try it out....not impressed so far...and it makes noise, enuf to bother other people.
Old 06-05-17, 09:26 PM
Secret Squirrel!! Moderator

Thanked 13,443 Times in 5,443 Posts
TygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond repute

I'm much more a fan of the cube than the spinner. The spinner is more distracting than helpful. Some of the buttons on the cube make noise though, which like pen clicks drive some people crazy.

Clay also works well for me.

"being lost,/ being crazy maybe/ is not so bad/ if you can be/ that way/ undisturbed."
Charles Bukowski
Old 06-08-17, 05:22 AM
Banned

josnorgren is on a distinguished road

I've one those slime things. It doesn't make much sound when I'm in class. It also has nice smell that makes me feel calm.