ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Ritalin
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Ritalin (methylphenidate)

Old 08-27-14, 03:08 PM
Jr Member

theperson1 is on a distinguished road
Starting Ritalin

Hey everyone, just a bit of curiousity..
Just started Ritalin well actually the generic Methylphenidate 10mg twice daily.
Been on adderall for a bit, loved the 10mg but it stopped working and was switched to 20mg but too many bad side effects.

So im on day 3 with methlyphenidate 10mg and i dont feel a thing.
My dr warned me it may not help my ADD at first because of the small dose but the purpose for now is to just get it in my system and see any side effects.

I feel completely normal, no side effects at all and still have ADD symptoms.

Only curious becuase i was reading the forums and i see people taking the same dose and describing euphoria, extreme concentrating, and tiredness.
I dont feel any different though, any thoughts?
Old 08-27-14, 03:19 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 22,417 Times in 12,072 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Starting Ritalin

Just my own personal experience, generic Ritalin is bunk.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
Old 08-27-14, 03:25 PM
Jr Member

theperson1 is on a distinguished road

Really? I was told some actually prefer the generic over brand.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-14, 03:58 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 22,417 Times in 12,072 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone is different when it comes to meds.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
Old 08-28-14, 04:32 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,110 Times in 15,358 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's a dose issue. 10mg is low and certainly won't do much if you only take it once a day.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (08-28-14)