ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Non-ADD Partner Support
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Non-ADD Partner Support This is a support forum for non-ADD partners, spouses, and significant others offering feedback from both the ADD and non-ADD perspectives

Old 07-09-18, 05:30 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

CharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to all
Re: Newbie hereó ADHD/anger mgmt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldilox73 View Post
I donít believe his current psychiatrist is doing the right things. He does not want spousal input and he has not considered using an SSRI (like Wellbutrin) which, per my research, can be VERY effective for anger mgmt. There may even be underlying depression or anxiety (H has major sleep issues), so an SSRI would help that, too. The Vyvanse and Adderall hhelp with focus...but not with mood.
I might be totally wrong, but I get the impression that your husband doesn't want you at his psych appointment, and he's telling you that the reason why you can't go the appointments is that the psych doesn't want you there.

And Wellbutrin is not an SSRI (not even vaguely related mechanism). If his anger issues are due to ADHD, and if Vyvanse/Adderall haven't solved his anger problems, then I highly doubt Wellbutrin would do anything.
Old 07-29-18, 09:59 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

dormammau2008 has disabled reputation

Angry is the mind killer it blocks normal thought pattern s making it hard to think ... Never do anything when. Angry wait till your mind is claim again dorm
Old 08-05-18, 10:40 PM

natnatroswell22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dormammau2008 View Post
Angry is the mind killer it blocks normal thought pattern s making it hard to think ... Never do anything when. Angry wait till your mind is claim again dorm
I totally agree with you. You can make wrong decisions when you're angry.
Sponsored Links