ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Resources, Tools & Organizational Tips
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-12, 10:11 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,786 Posts
Sandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: My simple "Stay-On-Track" system.

This is more or less how I live.

I was dreamin' when I wrote this. So sue me if I go too fast. ~ 1999, Prince, 1982.
Old 11-24-12, 09:11 AM

dexmasterflex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiegirl View Post
Does anyone feel like it is difficult to use phone apps because they are not right in front of you at all times and/or your phone goes dead from forgetting to charge it? This is why I keep going back and forth between phone and pad of paper.
Hi Maddie,

I have a similar problem. What i have done previously is to take a screen shot of my to-do list on my phone, and set that as the screen saver on my phone.

Like many others here have identified, the issue is consistency!

To solve that, i set an alarm on the phone that goes off every day when i wake up to make sure that i make that list the phone screen background.

Even then, i still have consistency problems. But as they say it takes '21 times' to form a habit. Now just to apply the discipline to do it 21 times...!
Old 12-20-12, 03:15 PM

saritamackita is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljay85 View Post
My problem would be in the long(mid)-term, after a good habit becomes a routine, about 3-4 weeks. I coax myself into doing it at first, then I start doing it out of habit, and stop needing to coax myself, and then I fall completely out of routine. What's worse is it takes months to rebound and be ready to try a routine again.

I don't think an alarm would help. I probably need a coach. =( I think that it's setting up the routine, I procrastinate. And I make such good progress while on task, that it takes a few months before I fall behind again, for where I am in my life struggling with ADHD... pretty low expectations right now.
I've had this exact same problem. I think a lot of people need to realize that part of the problem with ADHD IS motivation (inconsistent at least). That's why I really want to set up some kind of reward/punishment system app to improve motivation to get things done--anyway, that's a long story. I am going to try the phone reminder though.
Sponsored Links