ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Resources, Tools & Organizational Tips > Tech Solutions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Tech Solutions Electronic Devices & Gadgets, Software and Websites

Old 07-17-10, 11:26 AM

rioch is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Open source task list software called 'Prioritise'

I've written an open source, cross platform desktop application called Prioritise with the aim to make it easier people with ADHD to organise and prioritise (hence the name) their tasks. The very first version was released today.

You can download the software via its website: http://prioritiseapp.wordpress.com/.

As this is the first release, it's far from complete (you can see a list of up-coming features on the development site), but it is functional. The only difficult thing will be installation, as I've not created an executable installer yet. There are, however, installation instructions provided.

I'd really appreciate feedback. If you can think of ways to improve the software, you can also suggest features on the development website: http://launchpad.net/prioritise.
The Following User Says Thank You to rioch For This Useful Post:
meridian (07-17-10)
Old 07-17-10, 11:33 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 2,850 Times in 1,776 Posts
EshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant future
Re: Open source task list software called 'Prioritise'

I downloaded xmind a couple days ago. Is this the same thing. I haven't got around to using it yet .

peripatetic is nuts and I'm the squirrel.
Old 07-17-10, 11:34 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 6,893 Times in 2,968 Posts
meridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on the release. Apparently it's free?

You say it's cross-platform, will it work on PPC Macs? or just Intel Macs? Looks like a good candidate for a phone app, BTW.

Personally what I would love to have is a "Time Tracker" so I can review how I've been spending my time every day.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eye." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

“Would you deny for others what you demand for yourself?” – U2

“The future ain't what it used to be.” – Yogi
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-10, 11:41 AM

rioch is on a distinguished road

Wow. Quick responses.

@meridian
Yes it is free in both senses of the word. That is, free as in beer and free as in speech. It's written in python, so should work on a Mac assuming python is available. I've only tested on Windows and Linux. As for the time tracker, I've planned a due date/time for tasks in the next release, and have thought about time tracking, so it's a possibility.

@eshkaron
I'm not sure what xmind is. Looking online it appears to be a mind-mapping tool, in which case, Prioritise is different. It's a list of tasks ordered by whatever priority you gave them. On a different note, if you're looking for a good mind-mapping tool, I recommend FreeMind.