ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Desoxyn
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Desoxyn methamphetamine hydrochloride (also known as desoxyephedrine)

Old 08-07-09, 02:46 AM
Contributor

selby will become famous soon enough
Re: snri (pristiq) with desoxyn . kinda long but please look if u can help at all,tha

Umm..

*creeps into thread*

Just wanna say that a week in, Zoloft has pretty much eliminated the dreaded amphetamine rebound/comedown anxiety/depression/irritability for me. I hope it keeps working... and that I don't die. Carry on..

*exits thread*
~ Dexedrine XR 30 mg. 2010~
Ritalin LA 40 mg, Zoloft 100 mg. 2009 ~ Wellbutrin SR 300 mg, Adderall 20 mg. 2008 ~ Dexedrine 40 mg.2006-2007 ~ Concerta 72 mg, Paxil 10 mg.
The Following User Says Thank You to selby For This Useful Post:
hollywood (08-07-09)
Old 08-07-09, 04:19 AM
Super Meowaderator

Thanked 15,433 Times in 6,132 Posts
meadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: snri (pristiq) with desoxyn . kinda long but please look if u can help at all,tha

I am not going to shut this one down but it is okay for folks to get along from time to time Actually I find it refreshing to see a bit of friendly exchange. Naturally publicly calling every one who disagrees with a specific point an idiot isn’t necessarily s good idea either. Those opinions are probably best left to private messages unless a rude awakening is what you were seeking. In other wards you asked for it so please don’t biatch

With that being said, I find it rather ironic to be rude in pointing out rudeness or to accuse while accusing others of being accusing.

If I have five donkeys in a single stall and I add one more donkey I have solved nothing . . . .I still have to many donkeys. . . in case my point is missed ADD dyslexic translation - Please do not turn this into a flame war I would like to keep this discussion peer to peer.

Remember we are all different and what is good for the goose is NOT necessarily good for the gander

Every thing that has ANY effect of the body can have a BAD one - This even includes all natural foods like wheat, apples, grapefruit as well as herbal supplements, and yes prescription medications and any number of medication combos.

There is nothing wrong with posting about a personal experience with a specific combo - There is no hard fast rule saying the occurrences of serotonin syndrome is IMPOSSIBLE with a stimulant SSRI combo –

Is it likely??? No

Is it possible???? –Yes

Did it happen to Yellow???? Only Yellow knows this. .

As far as posting about personal experiences I see no harm there. That is what forums are for however it is also worth putting forth en effort to offer enough factual information so that readers who are on the same combo can determine whether or not they have enough things in common with you that this needs to be of concern.

It isn’t fair to post as if your experience is the rule when it is obvious that your experience is the exception.

an example

Last year 5-HTP put me into mania therefore I truly understand the “need” to warn others of this possibility. When I wrote about it I also included that there is little to no research indicting this occurs because apparently it doesn't occur in enough of the population to warrant researching.

I believe it was the 5-HTP that set off the mania type symptoms because as soon as I quit taking the 5-HTP I was able to sleep more than three hours and the world at large seemed to be less interested in plotting to steal my mental power -

Oh and also try to include that I have more than one first degree relative with diagnosed bipolar that is coexistent with their ADD meaning I could easily have a "shadow syndrome" of bipolar myself. What is meant by this is that I do not technically have bipolar because I do not meet enough of the DSMV criteria for it but I do have some traits that are mild. . . .they do not interfere with my ability to function – no impairment no diagnoses type thing . . . . Even though I do not technically have bipolar I could very well have brain chemistry that is very close my bipolar relatives. After all bipolar is very genetic. I include all of this so that those reading will have "parameters" to go by to see if this warning is some thing that may apply to them.

How some thing is worded can make or break a warnings "usefulness" to the reader.

While the person offering the warning has an obligation to be as specific as possible it is entirely possible to experience some thing that hasn’t been researched – I know I have done so personally.

It is not good manners to out right deny some ones claims just because there is not sixteen medical research papers to back up the claims. Personal experiences are just that personal experiences. Some folks tend to forget that medical research covers a very narrow scope of the human experience .

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to meadd823 For This Useful Post:
Fierwing (08-07-09)
Old 08-07-09, 10:52 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

hollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nice

selby ,

glad the zoloft is helping , I'm about to try cymbalta again or pristiq ... I tried prozac and honestly only after tiny doses I felt completely strange... I'll try cymbalta or pristiq.....I doubt those two meds are much different sedation wise when compared to zoloft.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-09, 12:11 PM
Contributor

Yellow will become famous soon enough

i didnt call anyone specifically an idiot, whoever took it as that, whatever...if the shoe fits...but i dont have problems with anyone on the internet, this is literally virtual reality, so i dont get mad personally. for all i know, i could be talkin to a bot (those things are clever, and they can be aggravating). whatever, really, like move beyond the bull ****, its really childish at this point. take whatever positives you want and leave the nonsense behind.

however, what is not only puzzling but ****in "idiotic" is to disagree about my experience, cuz thats all these forums are for: disseminating personal experience of conditions, meds, therapy, and possibly expanding knowledge for your own growth and progression. this isnt a medical facility or adjunt to anyone's life as treatment, its your choice what you give and take here, but to refute someone else's experience because your afraid of it doesnt make sense. if someone says "dont go that way," you can still go, but keep in mind that danger might await. like what is everyone afraid of, i gave a warning that was crystal clear without implications, but if anyone took it as a personal "rule" to your life, then that only means my words were powerful.

i mean what the **** is everyone disagreeing with me about my condition? like no one has said "you dont have adhd" or "you dont have bipolar," but everyone has no hesitancy in implying "you didnt have SS" or that i am looking for a personal agenda to be met, some kind of ulterior motive, silly **** man ...on the contrary, everyone seems to be afraid of admitting "you had SS, that sucks man." dont be afraid, the unknown and unforeseeable is supposed to be off putting, and you gotta move past fear and doubt into the moment of experience through which knowledge is extracted and can be applied as power(, perhaps, it might kill you too).

visibility and transparency, whatever man. its the internet. i just cant beleive one of the more useful threads, specifically as far as medical danger goes, was totally shot down because of someone else's worries about their use of dexedrine. insincerity was the only thing that i didnt put in my thread, actually, it was the only non self-serving thread i can think of. i didnt post to ask a question for myself or get something for my own head. i made a very open and honest expose of my personal life to prevent others detriment. and instead i get called insincere (and thats idiotic, however you see it).

meaad, 5htp can do that, in high enough doses it can become psychoactively potent. with bipolar, almost anything can set off mania, which is annoying, but sometimes a risk you take to "get/feel" better. my example was a little more inclusive outside of bipolar, but im sure being bipolar didnt help the "serotonin syndrome." anyway, im almost recovered at this point from both issues. giving experience can sometimes unveil and connect issues that were overlooked in science/research, which is why you gave a warning and why i did as well. and all it was was a warning, right. (and i aint an exception, its a major drug interaction on any drug or pharmacy check, and i opened the other thread with a direct link to someone elses warning, and on top of ALL that, everyone knows the possibility is real, but pretend like its the steven-johns syndrome you have a 1% chance of getting from lamictal, id rather not take a chance of popping a fatal pill just to see, like thast where i wouldnt take a chance)

anyway, zoloft is the best SSRI, IMO.
Old 08-17-09, 12:02 AM
Super Meowaderator

Thanked 15,433 Times in 6,132 Posts
meadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't singling any one out in my last response mostly I just wanted the BS to end without me having to be some sort of "enforcer" I perfer to interact as a peer besides this is a decently interesting topic I didn't want to shut it down.

People should be able to share personal experiences and diverse perspectives. . .no reason for any one to get there underthings in a twizzle. . . diversity is a good thing.

I can't take any SSRI's they ALL cause me to go manic - which would not be bad IF I wasn't such an unpleasant manic. . . . {damn it} I can jack with my dopamine and play with the norepinephrine and I am okay but screw with my serotonin and life gets crazy really fast. Antidepressants can do some serious stuff and many underestimate their effects on brain chemistry.

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook
Old 08-17-09, 09:57 AM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by meadd823 View Post
Antidepressants can do some serious stuff and many underestimate their effects on brain chemistry.
I think this is the most understated aspect of antidepressants that the doctors continously fail to mention - no, purposely neglect to mention.
Old 08-17-09, 11:04 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

hollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nice

yeah guys you are right,

but remember a depressed mind becomes , obsessed , compulsed, in a negative triad of thoughts and can lead to bad eating habits which will fatigue you or do thing in excess which can lead to symptoms . You guys are right though, but a depressed mind is something that needs changing and that is what these meds are trying to do , but they have side effects...

I know this for sure I seemingly have a tough time with any med with serotonin
Old 04-07-10, 11:04 PM
Contributor

mania can be excellent: for instance, i havent drank more than 5 glassses of water over the past 3 days during which i havent slept at all, i did drowse in front of the tv, but i feel alive....now tomorrow, im gonna not like it...but for psychotics like myself, ssri's must go with a mood stabilizer (for me neurontin) and or a benzo (usually klonopin or ativan, for me klonopin,which is the f'n best benzo there is, lasts ALL day and u dont gotta worry about takin it wit u cuz it lingrs into th next...valium has a long half life, but is more effective as a muscle relaxer than antiepeleptic/antimanic)///

anyway, i changed my mind, i wanna try 12.5mg -25mg of zoloft with desoxyn and see how it goes