ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Resources, Tools & Organizational Tips
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-09, 05:01 PM
Forum ADDvocate

PookDo is a name known to allPookDo is a name known to allPookDo is a name known to allPookDo is a name known to allPookDo is a name known to allPookDo is a name known to all
The Davinci Method

I just got a hard copy of this book after losing my mind trying to sit at my comp and read the e-book version.I have never read a book I have related to so much and has helped me understand how I feel and how I am.I have suggested this book before and am doing it again
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PookDo For This Useful Post:
meisam317 (07-16-11), NeuroParty (10-01-09), wsmac (01-05-09)
Old 01-04-09, 09:08 PM

WNBRIZ will become famous soon enough
Re: The Davinci Method

Yeah this book is a real eye opener. No longer do i feel so disordered, but rather different. I think people with ADD have a lot of masked potential. The biggest problem we make is trying to fit like everyone else. Trying to act and be like everyone else. It just wasn't meant to be. We are individualists that make our own ways of life. The problem is some(by some i mean most) ADD people have had such scolding and failure throughout life that they have developed a lot of bad problems(anxiety, depression, low self esteem..ect) I think this book is a must for any ADD'er to read, because the first part of changing is knowing. The Da vinci method has alot of truth inside.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WNBRIZ For This Useful Post:
NeuroParty (10-01-09), wsmac (01-05-09)
Old 01-04-09, 09:12 PM
ADDvanced Member

smerila_6 will become famous soon enough

I have anxiety attacks. I read in your post as a symptom. I am suppose to take adderall xr 20mg but it feels sometimes like it gets my anxiety going?

I have seen this book on the web. I am taking classes and can't seem to finish them. Can't remember vocabulary. Any advice.

smerila
The Following User Says Thank You to smerila_6 For This Useful Post:
NeuroParty (10-01-09)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-09, 09:16 PM
Ghost in the Machine

Thanked 1,633 Times in 574 Posts
Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by smerila_6 View Post
I have anxiety attacks. I read in your post as a symptom. I am suppose to take adderall xr 20mg but it feels sometimes like it gets my anxiety going?

I have seen this book on the web. I am taking classes and can't seem to finish them. Can't remember vocabulary. Any advice.

smerila
If you have a tendency to have anxiety (or anxiety attacks), a stimulant can certainly make it much, much worse. I would suggest you speak with your doctor about this.

To review the ADD Forums Guidelines, please click here.
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew For This Useful Post:
NeuroParty (10-01-09)
Old 01-04-09, 10:08 PM
Contributor

Mantis is a jewel in the roughMantis is a jewel in the roughMantis is a jewel in the rough

This book is awesome. Very inspiring for those who see ADHD as a 'disorder'.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mantis For This Useful Post:
NeuroParty (10-01-09)
Old 01-27-09, 11:12 PM

AnDDy will become famous soon enough

I read this book and I didn't "get it". Maybe I will have to read it a second time.
The Following User Says Thank You to AnDDy For This Useful Post:
NeuroParty (10-01-09)
Old 01-28-09, 01:57 AM
Jr Member

DJKR is on a distinguished road

I found the science behind this book very bad.
About that gene being activated and ****...
Ranting about people who lived 500 years ago (WHOM WE DON'T EVEN HAVE A DRAWING OF, except for that one sketch that MAY BE Da Vinci, but we are far from sure) having this disorder, like how the **** does he know?
The Following User Says Thank You to DJKR For This Useful Post:
NeuroParty (10-01-09)
Old 01-28-09, 02:14 AM
ADDvanced Member

RobConcept will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by smerila_6 View Post

smerila
Hey smerila:

Try using one of the following for vocabulary practice. They are all spaced repition systems (SRS). They only work if you use them regularly - they work on a user feedback process that creates a personalised algorithym to help you recall information.

Each of these have their ups and downs, explore them and see which you feel is the most comfortable/intuitive interface.

Anki - ichi2.net/anki/ (free)
SuperMemo - www.supermemo.com (paid)
Mnemosyne - www.mnemosyne-proj.org (free)

All the best!
NeuroParty (10-01-09)
Old 01-31-09, 10:44 PM
Contributor

ADXP is just really niceADXP is just really niceADXP is just really niceADXP is just really nice
Unhappy Re: The Davinci Method

Quote:
Originally Posted by PookDo View Post
I just got a hard copy of this book after losing my mind trying to sit at my comp and read the e-book version.I have never read a book I have related to so much and has helped me understand how I feel and how I am.I have suggested this book before and am doing it again

Would you mind giving a 2 sentence synopsis?

Who is he? Isn't he the cousin of Michael Gorbachev or Putin?
The Following User Says Thank You to ADXP For This Useful Post:
NeuroParty (10-01-09)
Old 02-03-09, 03:10 AM

WNBRIZ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJKR View Post
I found the science behind this book very bad.
About that gene being activated and ****...
Ranting about people who lived 500 years ago (WHOM WE DON'T EVEN HAVE A DRAWING OF, except for that one sketch that MAY BE Da Vinci, but we are far from sure) having this disorder, like how the **** does he know?

Leonardo Da Vinci is not a fictitious character and ADD is not something that was just came about in the 21 century (only the discovery of it). How we tell he was ADD is the same way we diagnose ADD today, through mannerisms. Laporto rants out about him because A. He was a genius in every sence of the word for his time and B. His wisdom can be very inspiring to virtually anyone expectially ADD'ers.

The science I don't believe was bad, it was just simplified to get the essential points across the to reader. (which is smart considering his readers are ADD'ers who hate all the excessive details that don't really matter)
The Following User Says Thank You to WNBRIZ For This Useful Post:
NeuroParty (10-01-09)
Old 05-19-09, 03:46 PM
Contributor

Annwn is a jewel in the roughAnnwn is a jewel in the roughAnnwn is a jewel in the rough

I have been getting the emails on this product (just read one) and I am extremely skeptical.

Not that there are not certain advantages to being wired that way, when I have been able to tap into it, I have been able to do amazing things.

My issue is that it is so wrapped in marketing and feel good promises that I do not trust it. Here is my singular concern and this is what we should all keep in mind:

It feels and looks like a *product* that is designed to be *sold* more than *used*.
The Following User Says Thank You to Annwn For This Useful Post:
NeuroParty (10-01-09)
Old 05-30-09, 03:38 PM
Jr Member

Oscar Smith is on a distinguished road

I downloaded this book the othernight and I've taken a quick skim through it. My thinking was what have I got to lose and it will probably be a good read if nothing else. I agree Annwn, the marketing hype is a bit strong. I am what the author describes as a de Vinci type. My first reaction was wow, this is a great encouragement, but as I got farther in had to concentrate a bit. I think anybody who hasn't got first rate concentration may find this book hard work. But then he does give some good points on a deep subject. He doesn't even claim to be at all original. He admits most of his ideas are from the work of the widely accepted psychologist Otto Rank.
The Following User Says Thank You to Oscar Smith For This Useful Post:
NeuroParty (10-01-09)
Old 08-06-09, 11:41 PM

anon9000 is on a distinguished road

i picked it up. worth a read even if you just read it to learn about rank.
The Following User Says Thank You to anon9000 For This Useful Post:
NeuroParty (10-01-09)
Old 09-20-09, 12:27 PM

Maroev is on a distinguished road

I recently skimmed through the ebook too, and am still rather skeptical really. Having read numerous self-help books in the past ('Awaken the Giant Within' by Tony Robbins, 'Think and Grow Rich' by Napoleon Hill etc), it seems that this book gravitates towards the self-help type. Oh well. The fact that there isn't really much of a 'method' to learn in the book makes it so much more unbelievable.
The Following User Says Thank You to Maroev For This Useful Post:
NeuroParty (10-01-09)
Old 09-20-09, 12:33 PM

Maroev is on a distinguished road

Found it a little incredulous that the author of the book claimed that 1 out of 10 people are 'davinci types'. Oh please.

I wonder how many people who are not add/adhd and felt like they were 'davinci types' right after reading it. Perhaps it's another of those books that ANYONE can find resonance with?
The Following User Says Thank You to Maroev For This Useful Post:
NeuroParty (10-01-09)