ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Resources, Tools & Organizational Tips > Household Tips and Tricks
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-08, 12:41 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

ADDAWAY is a splendid one to beholdADDAWAY is a splendid one to beholdADDAWAY is a splendid one to beholdADDAWAY is a splendid one to beholdADDAWAY is a splendid one to beholdADDAWAY is a splendid one to beholdADDAWAY is a splendid one to beholdADDAWAY is a splendid one to behold
Re: The ONE thing I have cleaned today is. . . .

Myself, for a change, this week.
DotwithADD (07-19-08), meadd823 (06-28-08)
Old 03-02-08, 09:26 AM
Contributor

Jarleigannor has a spectacular aura aboutJarleigannor has a spectacular aura about

This morning, I woke up and finished the dishes I swore I would do last night. I wound up washing my dining room floor before bed, instead. Which is fine, b/c the floor was gross. After the dishes, I feather dusted my living room and vacuumed the entire carpet. All while my coffee brewed, and before meds!
I think I'm really getting excited about being medicated again! It's shaping up to be a good day.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jarleigannor For This Useful Post:
Maurice (07-18-08)
Old 03-02-08, 02:35 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

busyhermit is just really nicebusyhermit is just really nicebusyhermit is just really nicebusyhermit is just really nice

I realized this morning that I'm late on a couple of bills, including the mortgage ****cringe****, so I finally tackled the desktop. Spent all morning on it, and I'm probably half-done. Still need to record a big stack of invoices, and balance several accounts...Oops, just dug up a tax form that says "AVOID PENALTY Due March 1, 2008". Sighhh.

"PARADISE... is exactly like where you are right now, only much... much... better..." - Laurie Anderson

I must've gotten here late because I didn't get the hand-out...
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-08, 09:45 PM

supamook has disabled reputation

i just discovered oven cleaner...*swoon*
Old 06-28-08, 07:28 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

bluebird2972 will become famous soon enough

The one thing I cleaned today was the rabbit hutch, my doe has had three babies that are a week old, they are sooooo cute.
Old 06-28-08, 08:57 AM
Super Meowaderator

Thanked 15,433 Times in 6,132 Posts
meadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The one thing I cleaned today was the rabbit hutch, my doe has had three babies that are a week old, they are sooooo cute.
Awww I bet they are . . . .

I washed a load of laundry - ohh that was yesterday technically - ummmmm maybe if I clean out yesterdays coffee I can make some for today - think I shall go try that

I will have cleaned out my coffee pot , if I don't forget between here and there - in the next 10 feet.

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook
Old 06-28-08, 10:03 AM
Forum Guru

curseandablessi is a jewel in the roughcurseandablessi is a jewel in the roughcurseandablessi is a jewel in the rough

My bathtub!! Hey it's only 10 am!!
Old 06-28-08, 05:13 PM
Contributor

MECMR is a name known to allMECMR is a name known to allMECMR is a name known to allMECMR is a name known to allMECMR is a name known to allMECMR is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: The ONE thing I have cleaned today is. . . .

I just found this thread, and I love it! I have just cleaned my side of the bedroom...at least gotten a good chunk of it done!

My DH is very tidy and organized. I am a SLOB! (A friend once saw our bedroom: his side all dusted, sheets and blankets pulled up, all his clothes in his closet, hangars all facing the same way...my side all tossed around, piles of clothing everywhere, empty dresser drawers wide open, my pillow at the foot of the bed, the blankets on my side all tangled. She stared at it, wide-eyed, and then turned and looked at me and said "He must really, REALLY love you!" I got ehr point, but after taht I kept the door closed when complany came over!)

So, today I cleared off the top of my bureau and went through all the piles of clothing on my floor around the bed. There is a save pile, a small "to look at" pile, a huge laundry/drycleaning pile, and so far two gigantic bags of stuff for charity and two enormous bags of trash.

Things I have discovered:
  • I own far too many socks.
  • the bed seems taller now that I am standing on the floor instead of piles of way too many socks.
  • I have gone through three sizes of clothing and back again in the past two years.
  • I found an old makeup case with lipsticks in it from my wedding 13 years ago, and had absolutely NO urge to keep them! OUt they went!
  • Cats love to take socks and push them under the bureau. Hence the compulsive sock purchasing issue.
  • Piles of clothing and books acts as a wonderful protectant for hardwood floors.
And, to top it all off, I found the diamond earrings that I have been weeping over because I thought I threw them away by mistake six months ago! WOOHOO!!!!! :ancing::
Follow this to the ADD Forums Get Fit Club:
http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=627682
The Following User Says Thank You to MECMR For This Useful Post:
Pooky (07-18-08)
Old 06-29-08, 07:01 AM
Forum Guru

curseandablessi is a jewel in the roughcurseandablessi is a jewel in the roughcurseandablessi is a jewel in the rough

Yesterday's complete list:

The Tub
Two cars-exterior
3 loads laundry-dried and folded(we wont count the one still in the dryer)
The fish pond
Old 06-29-08, 02:30 PM
Forum Guru

Maurice is a splendid one to beholdMaurice is a splendid one to beholdMaurice is a splendid one to beholdMaurice is a splendid one to beholdMaurice is a splendid one to beholdMaurice is a splendid one to beholdMaurice is a splendid one to behold

I have trouble understanding this thread because I felt so much better and less depressed when I finally got diagnosed that I clean my place up routinely and just about everyday. To MommytoAustin, yes, making a list before I go to bed for the next day helps me a lot! I have cleaned everyday except I try to take it easy on the weekends. I vaccuum whenever it needs to be, make my bed when I get out of it, clean Sparky's litter box everyday, I keep my drumset dusted and waxed, I keep my kitchen and bathroom vaccumed and mopped, keep my AC filter clean, my porch swept off, keep my silverware and coffee cups clean, I don/t have any dishes to wash I just eat frozen ent'rees and sandwichs, take a shower everyday or every night, keep my teeth brushed and flossed, brush Sparky with a Shedender every single day so there isn't cat hair everywhere and so he does not hack up hairballs{gross}, wash all my clothes in a five-gallon bucket by hand always. This is good exercise for my hands and arms, it saves me money, doesn't take very long, and I have a drying line strung up in the extra bedroom that I just use for storage. As long as I am not depressed I can not stand a dirty messy house. I also costantly come up with new set-ups or new ideas to make the house look better and easier to live in, more convienient. I set up a little indoor target range, just for air-guns, you need ventilation for firearms and a better backstop of course. But this enables me to target practice when it is raining or at night. I practice everyday to keep my targetshooting scores up there in the 9, 10 & Bullseye shape and I have always really enjoyed target shooting. I shoot empty cans and water bottles inside too. That is my basic routine. Now of course I have plenty of time being on diability and single with no live-ins presently.
Old 07-17-08, 07:47 AM

Sevenfold will become famous soon enough

today i cleaned the cooker today after my husband cooked last night, why is it men cant cook without making a total mess?

however yesterday, i cleaned every room in the house, 5 bedrooms, conservatory, kitchen, dining room, sitting room, family room, even the summer house, because we have a house inspection on friday and it needed doing.
Old 07-17-08, 10:23 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

i4got has disabled reputation

washed my car..

well, i had my son wash my car

but it's clean

Eureka..Sci-Fi
Old 07-18-08, 01:15 AM

Pooky is on a distinguished road

My DH is very tidy and organized. I am a SLOB! (A friend once saw our bedroom: his side all dusted, sheets and blankets pulled up, all his clothes in his closet, hangars all facing the same way...my side all tossed around, piles of clothing everywhere, empty dresser drawers wide open, my pillow at the foot of the bed, the blankets on my side all tangled. She stared at it, wide-eyed, and then turned and looked at me and said "He must really, REALLY love you!" I got ehr point, but after taht I kept the door closed when complany came over!)

MECMR

ROFL hehehehe hehehehe
I cleaned by side of the bedroom today - I have just seen your post ...
Heheheheh heheheheh .... Oh, it's killing me .......

I was sitting here reading your post just laughing, my husband just asked me what is so funny (I havent been much for laughing lately so I am supposing he must of thought something was good) I couldnt tell him what I was laughing at ...

I am a bit of an organisation nut usually but there is something with the never ending pile of clothing that I accummulate at the end of the bed on the floor, hanging off things etc etc ..... I suppose you cant be perfect everywhere. LOL

Old 07-18-08, 06:17 PM
Forum Guru

I cleaned out my purse!!
Old 07-18-08, 06:52 PM
Forum ADDvocate

DotwithADD is just really niceDotwithADD is just really niceDotwithADD is just really niceDotwithADD is just really nice

The iron skillet

SUCCESS COMES IN CANS NOT "CAN'TS"

Dx's: ADD, OCD,and MILD DEPRESSION, and occasional generalized anxiety (minor)

Breast Cancer Survivor since 2005