ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Resources, Tools & Organizational Tips > Household Tips and Tricks
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-07, 02:29 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

auntchris is a jewel in the roughauntchris is a jewel in the roughauntchris is a jewel in the rough
Gee how can I follow that.

I have clean the dishes.
My face.
I have cleaned the furniture in the bedroom.

A child's mind is like a shallow brook which ripples and dances merrily over the stony course of its education and reflects here a flower, there a bush, yonder fleecy cloud... -Helen Keller

Old 03-17-07, 02:45 PM

justhope is a jewel in the roughjusthope is a jewel in the roughjusthope is a jewel in the rough
Well despite the fact I have waited until the very very last minute to clean before about 3 kids beside my 4...invade my home for a b-day sleepover.....

I have cleaned,,,,my kitchen...including counters, microwave, and counters...and trash mopping....yipee

cat boxes

living room...dining room including the infamous computer desk..from hades...

the bathroom......and in about 10 minutes....ME....

yipee and after tonight...I can expect to do it all again

Mother Is The Name for God in the Lips & Hearts of Little Children
Old 03-17-07, 03:42 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Desert Dweller will become famous soon enough
so far I managed to switch the load of towels from the washer to the dryer that I forgot about last night. Fold and put away the stuff I had left in the dryer yesterday and even put a new load in the washer. Now if I can just remember to switch it when it is done

"Excellence is to do a common thing in an uncommon way."
-Booker T. Washington

Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-07, 04:53 PM

VisualImagery is just really niceVisualImagery is just really niceVisualImagery is just really niceVisualImagery is just really nice
Flood and moving recovery-Motivation = productivity

Warning-this is not how I usually am, do not take a guilt trip, I am so behind I need about 2 months of days like this!

So far, 4 loads laundry-part is the handwoven strip rug parts I needed to prep for assembly-

Putting things away from moving out of my during the week apartment-DH unloaded the car-all my teacher stuff.

Yes, art/decor project-working on my area rug for my living room-have to measure and dye the fabric for the border. While that is stewing, I will use lightweight bonding and fuse the handwoven strips to the canvas backing and then add the border and machine stitch all when done-

Sorted old clothes of son-packing his crap in boxes to give him when he has room in his apartment.

Sorting and reworking storage of fabrics, weaving, and art supplies and the closet/shelving units they are stored in/on.

OK, I am on a roll, just need my house to function-no I am not a neat freak, I need to be able to walk through my rooms and find things after our basement flood disaster a year ago. We are still recovering from that-the whole basement had to be redone plus $4000 worth of plumbing that dug up the back yard and driveway!

I want to sew and create art-can't do that well until I get the basement functioning again. I need motivation and this is it! Once I get creative, I get messy! But then, neat never was fun!

Remember, I was raised by my Martha Stewart with OCD on speed, can do a photo shoot anytime in my house mother! I KNOW how to clean-the organizing just hurts my ADD brain after doing it too long. That is the hard part.
Old 03-17-07, 05:03 PM

firedog is on a distinguished road
Ok I started cleaning up my yard, then i ended up cleaning up my bike, but I did clean up my yard, after my bike was clean.
Old 03-17-07, 07:48 PM

Mommy2Austin is on a distinguished road
I'm hurting for all the stuff I did today. Thats the most I've done in 4 months. I'm totally drained and just wanna go to sleep :P Congrats for getting stuff done today ya'll!
Old 03-17-07, 07:51 PM

VisualImagery is just really niceVisualImagery is just really niceVisualImagery is just really niceVisualImagery is just really nice
I am really tired now-but will sort more fabrics tonight!
Old 03-17-07, 08:26 PM
Contributor

gstien is on a distinguished road
MY wife cleaned 1 room, a sink full of dishes, and cooked dinner.
Okay dinner was velveta and rotel dip, but it's rare she does this much.
Why am I telling you this?
Because I'm usually the one cleaning, and cooking.
While she was doing this (after I regained consciousness), I cleaned the car inside and out, and cut down the clover in the backyard.
Usually I clean the whole house on Sat, plus both cars, plus the yard.
Whew, I'm still floored.
After telling her what a great job she did, maybe this is the beginning of something new.
Old 03-18-07, 10:37 AM

justhope is a jewel in the roughjusthope is a jewel in the roughjusthope is a jewel in the rough

Ok this is too funny, I couldn't resist

So technically I can say I did SWEEP today....LOL

Old 03-19-07, 12:05 AM

Mommy2Austin is on a distinguished road
Hahaha! I love that I'll have to use that on DH!
Old 03-19-07, 05:52 PM

Thanked 26,912 Times in 12,558 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute
What a wonderful thread. I've been feeling like crap and haven't been keeping up with any of the cleaning, and feeling guilty about it of course. So now I can feel good about cleaning the cat box, taking out the trash and putting in a clean bag, and sweeping the living room floor. I've also done a couple of loads of laundry but have about 4 more to do, and the dishes are stacked a foot high - in two stacks! But, hey, they'll still be there tomorrow.

This morning I got one kiddo off on a road trip with her daddy and played Hunt for the Easter Eggs with the little one who was so disappointed about not getting to go along. So that's a good excuse for not getting more done, isn't it?

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
Old 03-20-07, 12:15 AM

I actually ...did clean off my desk today, emptied in baskets, and cleaned out a bin full of paperwork...I was hiding under my desk, that should have gone in the shredder....

And I came home...and did the dishes ...OMG...is it a full moon???

(howl)

Old 03-22-07, 07:49 PM
Super Meowaderator

Thanked 15,431 Times in 6,131 Posts
meadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond repute
Hmmmm I have cleaned my teeth. . . . .I am fixing to let the dog out so she can "go clean". . . .not one of my more energetic days. Cloudy days make me feel sleepy some times but hey I have clean teeth.

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook
Old 03-27-07, 08:34 PM

I cleaned out the 100 emails in my inbox at work? Been sitting there since I was out last week. I picked up the trash that got knocked out of the bag of trash waiting by the door for one of these ADD people in my house to take out..Sorry not me..that's a boy chore

Old 03-27-07, 10:15 PM
Super Meowaderator

Thanked 15,431 Times in 6,131 Posts
meadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond repute
I vacuumed the house, did a load of dishes, a load of clothes, found the top of my computer desk. . . .ambitious day for me.

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook