ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Advocacy, Coaching, Counseling and Practitioner Referrals > International Referrals > United Kingdom
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-08, 07:38 PM
ADDvanced Member

Destracted_UK will become famous soon enough
Re: Roll Call - United Kingdom Attention Deficit Disorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouseinthehouse View Post
Hi
<snip>
but still feel about 15 most days...

Nic
Hehe, I can totally related to that, I just made it to 35 years and feel about 15 most of the time aswell.

All the best : )
The Following User Says Thank You to Destracted_UK For This Useful Post:
xstarchildx (04-30-08)
Old 04-30-08, 06:17 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

xstarchildx is a glorious beacon of lightxstarchildx is a glorious beacon of lightxstarchildx is a glorious beacon of lightxstarchildx is a glorious beacon of lightxstarchildx is a glorious beacon of lightxstarchildx is a glorious beacon of light

I 3rd that
Old 05-22-08, 03:26 PM
Jr Member

Penny2007 is on a distinguished road

Me...

Name: penny
Married?: nope, live with BF
Diagnosed: last month (april 08)
Subtype: Inattentive
Time it took to get a diagnosis: 10 months from BF suggesting it to me
Medication: Concerta- starting next week
Is medication helping?: dunno yet- will report back next week
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-08, 07:12 AM

jdreaper has a spectacular aura aboutjdreaper has a spectacular aura about

HI Y'all! (calm down just sounds american)

IM Jay
29 (dunno how that happend)
I am from w-s-m
Married 9yrs
got 2 sprogs
recently diagnosed
started 18mg concerta xl a week ago didnt notice any improvements, just been upped to 36mg from today, cant say i see any benifits from it yet at all, starting to feel realy disheartend, wasnt expecting a miracle but was at least expecting to get some kind of improvement as an indication of its benifit to myself, but hey!
Took about 1yr from realisinng that i may have adhd to getting diag (was theese forums that made me think that it was adhd that was wrong with me as well as a friend sugesting that i may have it, which got me browsing the net to find out what adhd is and found this place! i am sooo thankful)
im inattentive and repulsive (i think thats what the doc said?)

take care fellow Brits!
Old 06-10-08, 08:51 AM

columbo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdreaper View Post
HI Y'all! (calm down just sounds american)

IM Jay
29 (dunno how that happend)
I am from w-s-m
Married 9yrs
got 2 sprogs
recently diagnosed
started 18mg concerta xl a week ago didnt notice any improvements, just been upped to 36mg from today, cant say i see any benifits from it yet at all, starting to feel realy disheartend, wasnt expecting a miracle but was at least expecting to get some kind of improvement as an indication of its benifit to myself, but hey!
Took about 1yr from realisinng that i may have adhd to getting diag (was theese forums that made me think that it was adhd that was wrong with me as well as a friend sugesting that i may have it, which got me browsing the net to find out what adhd is and found this place! i am sooo thankful)
im inattentive and repulsive (i think thats what the doc said?)

take care fellow Brits!
Welcome! Good to hear you are getting treatment. Personally, I found Concerta didn't help me a great deal either, but Dexedrine did. Dex is often better for inattentive ADHD, and some docs try that first with adults. Everybody's different, so you might just need to take some time to find the right one for you. It also helps having a flexible GP who listens.

Hope it all works out in the end.

Cheers.
The Following User Says Thank You to columbo For This Useful Post:
jdreaper (06-10-08)
Old 06-10-08, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbo View Post
Welcome! Good to hear you are getting treatment. Personally, I found Concerta didn't help me a great deal either, but Dexedrine did. Dex is often better for inattentive ADHD, and some docs try that first with adults. Everybody's different, so you might just need to take some time to find the right one for you. It also helps having a flexible GP who listens.

Hope it all works out in the end.

Cheers.
gotta keep it short as im Using my mobile and it times out often, im now being seen regularly at a clinic and they are now gonna help me all the way so i should get there eventually! Its 20 miles away but i will be going 4weekly so not to bad and i phoned them monday thats when they told me to double the dose and to come up in a week to get new script as now i will run out early, just all means that i gotta wait longer to get on the correct dose or med, im just very impatient to start getting my life in some kind of order! Thanks for the advise i appreciate it greatly!
Old 06-13-08, 08:40 AM

Curlofsmoke is on a distinguished road

Hello everyone

I'm Sara, 27, ADD inattentive, in Bath. I think I'm going to post in the general forum about my struggles with getting treatment.
Old 07-03-08, 02:15 PM
Contributor

planetdave is a glorious beacon of lightplanetdave is a glorious beacon of lightplanetdave is a glorious beacon of lightplanetdave is a glorious beacon of lightplanetdave is a glorious beacon of light

Hello - I'm known all over the place as 'planetdave' and I live in a suburb of Manchester.
I have 'combined' ADHD but am mainly inattentive.
Diagnosed by Dr Hosking (RIP, lovely man) in Sheffield in 2006 and fighting a long battle to have my meds and other treatment sorted out since the demise of the good doc. Yesterday I got funding that will take me to SLAM, which I'm all excited about.
I'm knocking on a bit (shy about my age) - suffice to say that when I was a child ADHD did not exist so I went through life thinking I was 'borderline' till someone found me on another forum creating havoc and broached the subject of ADHD. I did a lot of research (with assistance from my friend), did some online tests and started the long and rocky road to get a diagnosis. That was five years and a lot of heartache/battles ago.
Now trying to create a new life.
Old 07-09-08, 05:48 AM

Hi planetdave! I Just wanna wish you Good luck with it all!, age aint nothing but a number and nothing seems truer 4 us with adhd, most of us feel the same as we did when were 17ish, ive never seen a forum where the whole age range of its members have so much in common mentaly and emotionaly with each other and relate to each other so much, ive not seen any young adults on here being disrespectfull to elders like the kids that are everywhere else!
The Following User Says Thank You to jdreaper For This Useful Post:
planetdave (07-09-08)
Old 07-09-08, 06:25 AM

PlanetDave! I found what you said about you causing havoc on forums very amusing especially as i as thinking to myself a hr ago or so about that this is the only forum that i have fitted into and have not argued with anyone! Then the thought entered my head that maybe we are all like that elsewheres on other site forums! But i blame them so called normies that we battled there because of there 2d opinions and narrow minded views, as we adders have proof here within theese forums, proof of which we can be proud of, proof that we can all get along with others and can have a mutual respect for each other regardless of any differences!... Or something like that! Can remember exact thoughts! But hey!
Old 09-02-08, 06:00 PM

querkychick is on a distinguished road

Hey All
I am 34 and have ADD. I have two sons 6 and 4 and the 6 year ols has ADHD. I live in Norfolk. Anyone from around there???? Does not seem to be any help at all!!!

Andrea x
Old 09-04-08, 11:11 AM
Contributor

Mantis is a jewel in the roughMantis is a jewel in the roughMantis is a jewel in the rough

Hey,
I'm 23 and got diagnosed with ADHD a few weeks ago : )
Old 09-13-08, 08:08 PM

nomADD is on a distinguished road

I'm 41 and not yet diagnosed. I suspect I have Inattentive ADHD with a sleep disorder. I've started the whole process of getting a diagnosis through the NHS.

Lots of missed opportunities, academic and career failure, really bad finances, lifelong underachievement, despite being very bright and capable, due to low motivation and chronic disorganization presumably associated with my condition.

Just want to find a way of managing my condition so that I can finally get on with my life and live up to my potential!
Old 09-13-08, 09:21 PM
Jr Member

dreamdweller is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone,
I am 34, live in London. Posted my longer intro yesterday on the general intro page: http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57136
In the process of being diagnosed at Maudsley.
Looking forward to learning more from you all.
Old 09-19-08, 07:51 AM

CultOfByron is on a distinguished road

Just found this thread and the whole UK section so hello! :waves:

Me:Name: Brian
Married?: Live with my girlfriend
Diagnosed: In process of, suspect I have ADD
Subtype: Inattentive

Just got a letter from my local NHS hospital saying I could get my first appointment in 12-16 months...! Am considering private although don't know if this'll be much better, or if I can afford it, lol.