ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Other Creative Endeavors
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-16, 07:54 AM
Contributor

baical will become famous soon enough
I'd like to learn to write creatively as much as I can musically

What books to read? I'd prefer shorter books unless someone here can give me techniques or short cuts on how to read a book (I'd get bored looking at a 300 page book).

I usually would start "sizing" up a book based on its size and thickness (the thicker it is the more I know I'd get bored with it). Should I just open it and read it first and not look at its size, then maybe after I read it, I can get all the knowledge I wanted?
Old 06-03-16, 10:02 AM
Secret Squirrel!! Moderator

Thanked 13,431 Times in 5,439 Posts
TygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I'd like to learn to write creatively as much as I can musically

Hi. I moved this thread to Other Creative Endeavors so people can respond to it. Creative Writing restricts posting to the thread creator.

Ray Bradbury has a book called The Zen and the Art of Writing, which is a series of connected essays about craft and writing. That was the book that

I've heard good things about Stephen King's On Writing. If you google him, he also has a fair number of shorter articles dedicated to aspects of writing and craft.

"being lost,/ being crazy maybe/ is not so bad/ if you can be/ that way/ undisturbed."
Charles Bukowski
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TygerSan For This Useful Post:
Simargl (06-03-16), stef (06-03-16)
Old 06-03-16, 04:29 PM
ADDvanced Member

bluejay14 is a name known to allbluejay14 is a name known to allbluejay14 is a name known to allbluejay14 is a name known to allbluejay14 is a name known to allbluejay14 is a name known to all
Re: I'd like to learn to write creatively as much as I can musically

If you prefer short, snappy tips to a long book about writing craft then there are lots of good blogs and website with advice for writers.
My favourite is Chuck Wendig's blog, he's actually very wordy but soooo entertaining. I think he has ADHD, he certainly sounds like he does from the things he says and some of the issues he struggles with. He's very inspiring.
The Following User Says Thank You to bluejay14 For This Useful Post:
TygerSan (06-03-16)
Sponsored Links