ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Resources, Tools & Organizational Tips > Household Tips and Tricks
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-18, 11:39 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Thanked 1,949 Times in 707 Posts
Jacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond repute
Digital organization

Now that my home is almost done (and I am away from home, staying in a Bed and Breakfast every Tuesday-Friday) I want to continue organizing my life.

Yesterday I organized one computer, and I took a new approach. I asked myself... was there anything on here that I missed during the last 6 months (that I hardly used it).

Since my answer was 'no', I quickly threw everything away. That includes a lot of things that probably were still related to interesting ideas that I had, or have some other residual utility in them.

However, I don't want to hold on to old ideas and have decided to trust myself to generate new ones. The opportunity has passed to work on these things, now it's time to move on.

I do plan to keep the files from my past projects from now on, but then I first have to learn how to organize that. I am quite bad at that, I have like 30 different versions of the same report on my computer, and I have backups folders within backup folders (within backup folder.. etc), and it's hell to have to sort that out.

I first thought that I had to, but now I realize that the projects that I worked on are all finished (and the important files have been delivered to others) and I only need to bear responsibility for what I do now. I procrastinated organizing my computer for a long time, but now it's nice to realize that I can just throw everything away and it's fine!

So, it's I will take the same approach organizing my two work computers. Will start working on that today and I hope to finish it ASAP, because I don't like spending my precious time on this.