ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Resources, Tools & Organizational Tips
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-15, 03:44 PM
ADDvanced Member

intothewind is on a distinguished road
planners...what do you use?

I keep hearing the suggestion to carry a day planner/calendar. This sounds great in theory. But.

1. I think I need something small enough to fit in a pocket. It needs to have a wallet chain/carabiner clip attachment (my current system is to try to have everything I need attached to the pair of pants I will be wearing to work every day...pick that up and put it on and it includes your wallet, radio, watch, and maybe if you are lucky keys and phone).

2. Needs to then have a pen/pencil with it.

3. I am left handed, and spiral bound notebooks drive me nuts.

4. Somehow I have to remember to write ahead in the thing.

Nowadays with people using Google calendar and the like-how important is having a paper one anyway?
Old 11-26-15, 04:14 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 14,983 Times in 6,694 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: planners...what do you use?

I only use Any.do and Cal on my phone.

It works and works well, and I can’t be bothered to carry anything additional.
The Following User Says Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
Socaljaxs (12-07-15)
Old 11-26-15, 04:31 AM

Thanked 27,493 Times in 13,309 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

You would need i suppose a notepad with a spiral thing at the top
Maybe there's a good small planner, you would have to really look at Target or something.

Personally i have to actually write everything down, electronic planners just dont work, I forget to check them.

I have a huge list on a legal pad at work (with both work and home things) and then I recopy anything that must be done at home in this very nice little notebpad in a slim green metal case (i got this in a stationary shop in paris because it was just so nice looking and never used it, until I realized its perfect for this! i can find it easily in my purse) I don't have a ton of appointments to remember so this system works for me.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
anonymouslyadd (11-27-15), spamspambacon (08-29-16), vpilar (12-07-15)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-15, 03:26 PM
ADDvanced Member

Electronic could work if i developed a habit of looking at it like email. But i amvery reluctant to carry expensive gadgets.

Ive gotten away with just remembering but this is likely helped my communal living w coworkers. I plan to work pt and go to grad school...so that will be a very independent schedule. Makes me worried since i will be dependent on work for housing so things could really hit the fan if i mess up
Old 11-27-15, 05:19 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,094 Times in 15,350 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

I am one of those people who will buy a million fancy planners and then use them as a coaster.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Free to Fly (02-17-18), intothewind (11-29-15), InvitroCanibal (09-28-16), Socaljaxs (12-07-15), spamspambacon (08-29-16), vpilar (12-07-15), willow129 (12-07-15)
Old 11-27-15, 08:42 AM

Thanked 30,768 Times in 14,149 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Kanbanflow is an online task planner. I don't think there;s a mobile app or even a mobile friendly website for it but otherwise I think, it's super brilliant. Very,very easy to use. It's really been a life safer at work.

www.kanbanflow.com
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
anonymouslyadd (11-27-15), vpilar (12-07-15), willow129 (12-07-15)
Old 11-30-15, 11:53 PM

Thanked 4,165 Times in 2,150 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation

I think it all depends on you. I use Microsoft outlook at work cause everyone needs to (in order to share their schedules with others).

I use google calendar for my personal stuff. I use Microsoft one note for notes. No hardcopy planner I'd ultimately lose.

But if you don't like tech stuff, this might not be right for you. Just give something a try and see if it works and if not, switch to something else.
Old 12-01-15, 12:19 AM

Thanked 14,983 Times in 6,694 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef View Post
Personally i have to actually write everything down, electronic planners just dont work, I forget to check them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by intothewind View Post
Electronic could work if i developed a habit of looking at it like email.
That is part of the reason I use Any.do. I donít have to check it. After I add something to it, it reminds me of that thing and any others until they are complete.

Cheers,
Ian
Old 12-01-15, 09:23 AM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

Thanked 17,793 Times in 8,904 Posts
Unmanagable has disabled reputation

I use the el cheapo dollar store monthly planners that are the 8.5 x 11 size, very similar to a desk planner. I keep a desk calendar on the kitchen table near the phone, use dry erase boards within my home, and a small note pad and pen in my pocket.

The cell phone gets on my nerves when it rings with a call or beeps with a text notification, so I don't think trying to utilize such an annoyance to help keep me organized would bring me much comfort.

But apparently, your whole life can now be right at your fingertips. That sort of scares me, too. Everything else that's been easy enough to condense so it's right at my fingertips has managed to become lost by me, never to be found again.

"You torment yourself wondering how they could not love your burning heart. And the answer darling, you are not the star you thought you were. You are the f******g universe and not everybody is an astronaut." ~Unknown
The Following User Says Thank You to Unmanagable For This Useful Post:
aeon (12-01-15)
Old 12-01-15, 10:38 AM

Thanked 22,380 Times in 12,052 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a little out of sorts as my insurance company changed the look of their complimentary desktop calendar for this year and even though I still have another month on it left I have neglected to fill in the ahead of time stuff on the new one because I don't like it.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (12-01-15), intothewind (12-07-15), spamspambacon (08-29-16), stef (12-01-15), Unmanagable (12-01-15)
Old 12-07-15, 04:14 PM
ADDvanced Member

I've noticed I tend to be fairly reluctant to change this sort of stuff. Never like a new phone, for example. I certainly can't be bothered to go get a new phone unless the old one breaks/disappears.
Old 12-07-15, 05:12 PM
Pawfect Moderator

Thanked 2,344 Times in 1,159 Posts
Socaljaxs has much to be proud ofSocaljaxs has much to be proud ofSocaljaxs has much to be proud ofSocaljaxs has much to be proud ofSocaljaxs has much to be proud ofSocaljaxs has much to be proud ofSocaljaxs has much to be proud ofSocaljaxs has much to be proud ofSocaljaxs has much to be proud ofSocaljaxs has much to be proud of

I'm a lefty too so I understand the struggle. Is your phone a smart phone at all? I personally use apps on my iPhone such as Evernote, 24me Google calander any.do and don't forget the milk. I also use gmail tasks and copy past items if needed..

As a lefty I have horrible penmanship and it will compete with a 2 year old and doctors writing and I probably would be worse.. So for me, I found typing or voice notes has been best for me in order to accomplish this.. Also if you don't have a smart phone or tablet, do you have any form of electronic that has access to notes and or calanders and contacts?

My mom is an index card and organizer girl, she usually picks hers up and Office Depot and I got one that I never use from there as well... but if you're bored do a google search and see ones that can cater to leftys and can be customized,
Old 12-07-15, 07:02 PM

Thanked 4,184 Times in 2,013 Posts
willow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
Kanbanflow is an online task planner. I don't think there;s a mobile app or even a mobile friendly website for it but otherwise I think, it's super brilliant. Very,very easy to use. It's really been a life safer at work.

www.kanbanflow.com
SAME
I wish I could do more with it
It's great for immediate to-do lists and tasks to be accomplished in general.

Not something for writing down appointments though.
Old 01-20-16, 02:24 AM

Thanked 1,367 Times in 562 Posts
InvitroCanibal has a reputation beyond reputeInvitroCanibal has a reputation beyond reputeInvitroCanibal has a reputation beyond reputeInvitroCanibal has a reputation beyond reputeInvitroCanibal has a reputation beyond reputeInvitroCanibal has a reputation beyond reputeInvitroCanibal has a reputation beyond reputeInvitroCanibal has a reputation beyond reputeInvitroCanibal has a reputation beyond reputeInvitroCanibal has a reputation beyond reputeInvitroCanibal has a reputation beyond repute

Post its and any hard surface. I seem to lose stuff in my phone but I have placed post it's on my phone lol
Unmanagable (01-20-16)
Old 07-21-16, 11:13 PM
Contributor

WheresMyMind is a splendid one to beholdWheresMyMind is a splendid one to beholdWheresMyMind is a splendid one to beholdWheresMyMind is a splendid one to beholdWheresMyMind is a splendid one to beholdWheresMyMind is a splendid one to beholdWheresMyMind is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by intothewind View Post

3. I am left handed, and spiral bound notebooks drive me nuts.
Why? As a right-handed person, I can't use the page on the left side of the spiral. How about you use only that page! Problem solved! That's what my leftie friends do....