ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Creative Writing
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Creative Writing A place for forum members to post their poetry, short stories and other creative writing.

Old 10-29-13, 04:26 PM
Forum Guru

MX2012 has much to be proud ofMX2012 has much to be proud ofMX2012 has much to be proud ofMX2012 has much to be proud ofMX2012 has much to be proud ofMX2012 has much to be proud ofMX2012 has much to be proud ofMX2012 has much to be proud ofMX2012 has much to be proud of
Just Published my first eBook!

While the original story idea (Gina's Dream) was formed in 1995, I did not begin to tackle preparing it for publication until 2011. It has taken 2+ years to reach the publication stage.

What an experience. What an education. What a challenge.

The closer it got to publication, the more details I had to deal with and for someone who struggles to remember everyday tasks, it was quite a challenge.

In fact, today, as I submitted the manuscript for copyright, I almost quit because there were so many details to understand, so many "help" pages to read, so many choices. So many different websites to learn on the spot. I worried I would screw it up.

Then, when I actually went to submit the manuscript for self-publication (Smashwords), I was faced again with a laundry list of tasks and choices I barely understood.

But, I have been reading about these processes for two years as well, hoping to fend off major problems when the day of publication arrived.

I made lots of notes and lists to try to keep me on task.

I did not think of ADD/HD more than I did today when I was faced with all those forms. My head swam. I was filled with dread. In fact, just after I submitted my manuscript for publication and it was accepted, my internet connection dropped out. So many possible problems-- my avocation is making backup plans.

While I like to write, this experience reinforced the fact, I am not a fast writer.

Anyway, I would be happy to answer any questions others may have about self-publishing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MX2012 For This Useful Post:
Daydreamin22 (10-30-13), Unmanagable (10-29-13)