ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-11, 09:28 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 6,536 Times in 2,663 Posts
danelady has a reputation beyond reputedanelady has a reputation beyond reputedanelady has a reputation beyond reputedanelady has a reputation beyond reputedanelady has a reputation beyond reputedanelady has a reputation beyond reputedanelady has a reputation beyond reputedanelady has a reputation beyond reputedanelady has a reputation beyond reputedanelady has a reputation beyond reputedanelady has a reputation beyond repute
Re: eshperiful...in memoriam

Its early,the air is still brisk,I haven't started driving so the world has still not reared its ugly head at me yet. This is the time I wax poetic and conscienceness is somewhere between dream state and grabbing 6th gear. Esh has been on my mind since I woke up a little while ago from Earl slapping his paw across my face.

He was 19yrs younger than me,but he had an old soul. He started incredible threads here. Heck he started MORE threads than anybody,I think! He wrote amazing and funny limericks and gosh,playing the acronym game was always fun with him. But most of all he was 'different'. He touched and was touched by nymphs and fairies and ghosts and demons. His body,and all its shortcomings couldn't contain the free spirit contained within.

Last year I lost my mom and went into a terrible depression. I just dug a hole and climbed in and hid. And hid. If one wants to be alone,truckdriving is a great way to do it and still make a living. A lot of people from here tried to get to me through phone calls and emails,but I couldn't talk to anyone,I couldn't find words and was just too overwhelmed by EVERYTHING! I almost gave up trucking to live under the bridge with the others I saw living there,but I couldn't ask Earl to suffer for something he had nothing to do with.

So I just hid in my bunk and passed the time reading books and listening to comedy on youtube. Then I remembered that Esh had recorded some of his ramblings on youtube as well and I started listening to him at night as I fell asleep. If you've listened to him you know what a soothing quality his voice has,like a leaf floating along on a meandering brook.

I liked that I could go there and visit him without anyone ever knowing I was there,including him. Finally I was ready to say hi and left a little note in the comment section. That was the start of me coming back to the light. Then by a stroke of luck I was sent over to Salleh's neck of the woods and made the jump and called her and called Tigger too. But in my mind,it was Eshkaron's lilting soliloquies that called me back and I'll always have a bit of him to listen to on my bad days.

Dearest Peri,you will both swirl in the forest glen again. He is in your heart and
living there in the peace he so deserves. I'm glad he was loved by so many. He will be missed by just as many.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to danelady For This Useful Post:
βĩο₱Ħعℓĩ (06-02-11), Abi (05-16-11), ADHDTigger (07-11-11), anonymouslyadd (05-13-11), APSJ (05-13-11), BaberahamLincoln (10-25-11), buddy (05-15-11), julesjampot (05-13-11), LaVieEnRose (05-16-11), peripatetic (05-13-11), Rebelyell (05-13-11), sarek (05-13-11), tinywiney (05-13-11), tudorose (05-13-11), TygerSan (05-13-11)
Old 05-13-11, 05:12 PM

Thanked 34,233 Times in 15,486 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute

shaney's beautiful voice didn't come through as well when recorded with his droid. i listened to him practice quite frequently, but my favorite was that he'd sing me to sleep.

a friend from long ago found a recording of shaney and you can hear mellifluous voice. the pictures in the video are either early nineties or from the podcasts he more recently did with his cousin.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
Abi (05-16-11), anonymouslyadd (05-13-11), APSJ (05-13-11), BaberahamLincoln (10-25-11), Blueranne (05-13-11), BouCoupDinkyDau (05-13-11), danelady (05-13-11), ginniebean (05-16-11), julesjampot (05-13-11), LaVieEnRose (05-16-11), Rebelyell (05-13-11), sarek (05-13-11), tipoo (05-13-11)
Old 05-13-11, 05:17 PM

Thanked 11,478 Times in 6,076 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

I dont know how to help you or what to tell you peripatetic but if you need anything or just a shoulder to cry on and listen to Im here for you.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
Abi (05-16-11), danelady (05-13-11), peripatetic (05-13-11)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-11, 05:26 PM
Moderator of all seasons

Thanked 16,267 Times in 8,229 Posts
anonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Peri!!!!!! Awesome video. It was nice to see him smiling.

~Paulo Coelho
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to anonymouslyadd For This Useful Post:
danelady (05-13-11), julesjampot (05-13-11), peripatetic (05-13-11)
Old 05-13-11, 07:18 PM
Forum Guru

cantakeitnemore is a name known to allcantakeitnemore is a name known to allcantakeitnemore is a name known to allcantakeitnemore is a name known to allcantakeitnemore is a name known to allcantakeitnemore is a name known to all

I am very sorry for your loss.
<<<<>>>>>>
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cantakeitnemore For This Useful Post:
Abi (05-16-11), peripatetic (05-13-11)
Old 05-13-11, 08:07 PM

danelady has a reputation beyond reputedanelady has a reputation beyond reputedanelady has a reputation beyond reputedanelady has a reputation beyond reputedanelady has a reputation beyond reputedanelady has a reputation beyond reputedanelady has a reputation beyond reputedanelady has a reputation beyond reputedanelady has a reputation beyond reputedanelady has a reputation beyond reputedanelady has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks peri. Thanks Shane.

oh sorry Shane,I forgot to take my shoes off before I started counting...you are 21 yrs younger than me.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to danelady For This Useful Post:
Abi (05-16-11), ginniebean (05-16-11), peripatetic (05-13-11)
Old 05-13-11, 11:55 PM

Thanked 34,233 Times in 15,486 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute

the interment was today and i must say that this has been the single worst day of all. i'm going to watch every video he ever made for me, i've decided--fortunately i have dozens and dozens and dozens

then, later, we twirl
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
Abi (05-16-11), APSJ (05-13-11), BaberahamLincoln (10-25-11), danelady (05-14-11)
Old 05-14-11, 12:10 AM

Thanked 11,478 Times in 6,076 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

What is we twirl mean,is that to dance?Im sorry I seem so dense right now.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
peripatetic (10-13-12)
Old 05-14-11, 12:26 AM
Nondescript Moderator

Thanked 6,572 Times in 2,694 Posts
APSJ has a reputation beyond reputeAPSJ has a reputation beyond reputeAPSJ has a reputation beyond reputeAPSJ has a reputation beyond reputeAPSJ has a reputation beyond reputeAPSJ has a reputation beyond reputeAPSJ has a reputation beyond reputeAPSJ has a reputation beyond reputeAPSJ has a reputation beyond reputeAPSJ has a reputation beyond reputeAPSJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelyell View Post
What is we twirl mean,is that to dance?Im sorry I seem so dense right now.
As I understand it, Esh and peri would listen to music together, look at each other on FaceTime (video chat) and dance and twirl or spin around. That's what she's referring to.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to APSJ For This Useful Post:
Abi (05-16-11), anonymouslyadd (05-14-11), danelady (05-14-11), ginniebean (05-16-11), peripatetic (05-14-11), Rebelyell (05-14-11), sarek (05-15-11)
Old 05-14-11, 08:09 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

Scooter77 has much to be proud ofScooter77 has much to be proud ofScooter77 has much to be proud ofScooter77 has much to be proud ofScooter77 has much to be proud ofScooter77 has much to be proud ofScooter77 has much to be proud ofScooter77 has much to be proud ofScooter77 has much to be proud of

I havent been on for a while & I'm shocked and so very sorry for your loss.....my thoughts are with you peri...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Scooter77 For This Useful Post:
Abi (05-16-11), ginniebean (05-16-11), peripatetic (05-14-11)
Old 05-15-11, 08:43 AM

Thanked 5,585 Times in 2,411 Posts
tudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond repute

Peri I'm sorry for your loss. If they do grief counselling through work maybe take advantage of that. They can give you advice if you start to find the grief is taking over your ability to cope.
Old 05-15-11, 04:55 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

diced is a jewel in the roughdiced is a jewel in the roughdiced is a jewel in the rough

In situations like these, I'm never good with words. Too much to say, nothing really comes out.
I haven't had a chance to get to know him, I can still read his posts and learn, I guess. But judging by all the other replies, he must have been good.

I made this photo once, to give to someone in a similar situation. It's the candle holder I use to remember good people by, and still let them light my life. The figure reminds me that there is no end, just another beginning...

Go, Be At Peace
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to diced For This Useful Post:
Abi (05-16-11), anonymouslyadd (05-15-11), danelady (05-15-11), ginniebean (05-16-11), peripatetic (05-15-11)
Old 05-15-11, 05:10 PM

Thanked 8,493 Times in 2,827 Posts
RedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond repute

I loved posting in his story threads.
The absurdity of working so hard to continue doing something you don't like can be overwhelming. And the longer it takes to feel different, the more it starts to seem like everything might actually be hopeless bull. ~ Hyperbole and a Half
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RedHairedWitch For This Useful Post:
ginniebean (05-16-11), peripatetic (05-16-11)
Old 05-15-11, 06:03 PM

Thanked 2,289 Times in 1,189 Posts
buddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant future

peri, I am very sorry for your loss.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to buddy For This Useful Post:
Abi (05-16-11), ginniebean (05-16-11), peripatetic (05-15-11)
Old 05-15-11, 08:07 PM

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to danelady For This Useful Post:
Abi (05-31-11), BaberahamLincoln (10-25-11), ginniebean (05-16-11), LaVieEnRose (05-29-11), peripatetic (05-15-11)
Closed Thread