ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-11, 11:52 PM

AniDragon is on a distinguished road
Hey. Newbie here.

Hello, all.

I'm AniDragon, or Riona, from Atlantic Canada. I'm a 25 year old gamer girl who recently moved out on my own, and thus am finding new challenges when it comes to my ADHD.

I was unofficially diagnosed with ADHD (Well, ADD at the time) when I was in the 7th grade. Well, I don't know how "unofficial" it could have been, since they put me on meds for it, but it apparently wasn't in my reccords, so... Yeah. Strange.

Anyway, at the time, I was put on Ritalin, but only for about a week, since it made me REALLY paranoid. So, my parents and I decided that we were going to try it without meds and see what happened. We instead looked up techniques to help me cope, and they worked fairly well throughout the rest of my school life. In college I got officially diagnosed with adult ADHD, but still opted to go without meds. It made college challenging, but impossible, and I managed to get a degree in 3D Graphics under my belt.

Now, I've been working full time at a retail store for the past few months, and am now in a leadership position, which is when the techniques I've been relying on started to fail me. I've been having more and more trouble keeping up with my responsibilities, and today decided that I needed to figure out how to get my ADHD back under control before I loose my position. I don't know if it's going to mean meds or not yet... I hope not, since psichiatric meds terrify me, to be honest. But I haven't ruled them out, either... They're a last resort. I found this forum when I was looking up treatment options, and I'm hoping that having a community to talk to will help me out.

On the non-ADHD side, like I mentioned before, I like video games. My favourites right now include World of Warcraft and Portal 2, though I always end up falling back on oldies like Super Metroid and Spyro the Dragon, along with the occasional Final Fantasy.

I also love books, mosy notably Harry Potter and Animorphs. I write a lot, as well, though I don't have anything published. I do have one finished story with potential that I'm currenlty editing, though.

My ultimate career goals are to get a job as a 3D artist in the video game industry, or to become a published author. Prefferably a successfull published author.

I'm now babbling, and honestly, I could probably go on about my hobbies forever, since I've only just barely touched on them. But I'll spare you all for now, and just finish with "Hi!".

Oh, and the sticky recommended adding a picture. So I suppose I'll introduce yet another of my hobbies: cosplay!

Old 05-03-11, 08:21 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 3,338 Times in 1,909 Posts
Bluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hey. Newbie here.

Old 05-03-11, 08:28 AM
Registered

Thanked 17,760 Times in 8,903 Posts
Abi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hey. Newbie here.

^^^^^
What she said
Sponsored Links