ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Depression
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-11, 01:06 PM
Artisan of Shenanigans

Thanked 4,772 Times in 3,106 Posts
Conman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Depression!!!

thanks. one was a showgirl, and the one with the 2 lady cops, yes i believe they were prostitutes

-Hunter S. Thompson
Old 07-10-11, 07:51 PM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

Thanked 17,793 Times in 8,904 Posts
Unmanagable has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conman View Post
thanks. one was a showgirl, and the one with the 2 lady cops, yes i believe they were prostitutes
For what it's worth - I'm 44 and I have to agree that high school was some of the worst years of my life. It was a time when I felt inadequate, made fun of, not interested, grades were "just" good enough to pass (by the skin of my teeth, as my mom put it), and I recall being totally mixed up, confused, not fitting in, and wanting to just get the f*** out of there. Back then, all of my behavior was attrributed to being rebellious, hard-headed, and stubborn. I lived up to all of those and more. Turned 18 June 6th, graduated June 9th, packed a suitcase and moved out of my parents' house June 12th and where I laid my head was home after that.

Hoping you find your footing and can make it somewhat pleasurable. Even if it's the "I'm going to have fun whether they want me to or not" mentality. Easier said than done, I know, but feels good to at least think it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unmanagable For This Useful Post:
Caffeinator (08-04-11), Rebelyell (08-30-11)
Old 07-10-11, 09:13 PM
Artisan of Shenanigans

Conman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond repute

high school is like Lord of the Flies, it's a social nightmare.

-Hunter S. Thompson
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Conman For This Useful Post:
Rebelyell (08-30-11), stef (07-11-11), Unmanagable (07-10-11)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-11, 01:53 AM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,662 Times in 787 Posts
Simenora has a brilliant futureSimenora has a brilliant futureSimenora has a brilliant futureSimenora has a brilliant futureSimenora has a brilliant futureSimenora has a brilliant futureSimenora has a brilliant futureSimenora has a brilliant futureSimenora has a brilliant futureSimenora has a brilliant futureSimenora has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conman View Post
highschool has without a doubt been the biggest trigger for my depression problems. i probably get depressed for 2-3 weeks every 2 months or so due to social surroundings. i cannot relate to anybody i know personally, because i dont know any adhd people who have depression problems, or just people like me. and i dont even know how to describe my ****ing self, it's just something you have to see, or meet me in person. college should be easier since therell be 20x more people than highschool, and higher chances of meeting similar people. god i ****ing hate highschool

there are more like you.... they are just hiding. Up to 7% have ADHD and out of those, 30% have chronic low level depression.

So if 7 people out of 100 have ADHD, 2 have depression. Whats the population of your school?
The Following User Says Thank You to Simenora For This Useful Post:
Caffeinator (08-04-11)
Old 07-11-11, 10:59 AM
Artisan of Shenanigans

about 1500

-Hunter S. Thompson
Old 07-13-11, 02:50 AM

hodson is on a distinguished road

I have depression now a days and want to get rid of this one problem soon... Will any help there to heal me out this one problem...???
Old 07-25-11, 02:23 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,128 Times in 677 Posts
excel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to behold

Everyone gets depressed from time to time. It can be nuatral.
Old 08-02-11, 01:08 AM

Eugene is on a distinguished road

Hi excel,
Some effective tips to kill depression:
Take deep breath in fresh air,
Do light exercises,
Say good things about others,
Write, draw or sing,
Watch some comedy movie,
Listen your favorite music track,
Avoid taking junk food.
excel (08-30-11)
Old 08-02-11, 11:44 PM
Contributor

Caffeinator is just really niceCaffeinator is just really niceCaffeinator is just really niceCaffeinator is just really nice

I agree with the low serotonin levels idea, but I was disappointed as a kid when I asked my psychiatrist if I'd have to do a blood test, and she said there wasn't one....

It seems like most of the meds made for depression are based on a theory that there might be a chemical imbalance. I apologize if I'm stepping on anyone's toes, I myself am experiencing a significant amount of depression and have been for several years off and on.

I guess I'm just wondering: if the meds are for "training wheels", then is it possible to adjust your behavior without them? I haven't found a way yet.... would be nice to though....

"Inside each of us there are two wolves:
One is Evil - It is Anger, Envy, Sorrow, Regret, Greed, Arrogance, Self Pity, Guilt, Resentment, Inferiority, Lies, False Pride, Superiority.
One is Good - It is Joy, Peace, Love, Hope, Serenity, Humility, Kindness, Benevolence, Empathy, Generosity, Truth, Compassion
Which Wolf wins? The one you feed the most."
Old 08-04-11, 08:19 AM
Contributor

Caffeinator is just really niceCaffeinator is just really niceCaffeinator is just really niceCaffeinator is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
Hi excel,
Do light exercises,
Write, draw or sing,
Watch some comedy movie,
Avoid taking junk food.

I've tried those, and I just don't seem to be able to get into them enough to have the "effects" of depression lifted. Like right now I feel "good-er" than last night and certainly yesterday and the day before, but I just know that there's a never ending cycle like this where my head will be above water for a bit, and then the waves just engulf me all over.

I tried depression meds in '03 but the one I was on (Paxil) made me do some really crazy stuff, so I'm wondering if there are some natural remedies? I've tried St. John's Wort, and that seemed to help a little bit, but with my size and metabolism I need something a bit more powerful.

"Inside each of us there are two wolves:
One is Evil - It is Anger, Envy, Sorrow, Regret, Greed, Arrogance, Self Pity, Guilt, Resentment, Inferiority, Lies, False Pride, Superiority.
One is Good - It is Joy, Peace, Love, Hope, Serenity, Humility, Kindness, Benevolence, Empathy, Generosity, Truth, Compassion
Which Wolf wins? The one you feed the most."
Old 08-04-11, 12:57 PM

excel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
Hi excel,
Do light exercises,
Write, draw or sing,
Watch some comedy movie,
Avoid taking junk food.
They work to a certain degree
Old 08-04-11, 02:14 PM
Artisan of Shenanigans

low serotonin? i know that with 2 other neurotransmiters/others are possibly genetic things in adhd, but i dadnt know that depression could be caused by it either. nonetheless, i think depression can be synonymous with unhappiness in these cases.

-Hunter S. Thompson
Old 08-29-11, 02:36 AM
Banned

Amjad is on a distinguished road

Hi excel,
Just read your threat and one suggestion to give. Avoid using anti depression drugs as they might effect your hunger and brain. Do consult some psychiatrist and follow the instruction.
Old 08-30-11, 08:00 PM

I see a doctor for depression and anxiety.
Old 08-30-11, 08:09 PM

Thanked 11,480 Times in 6,078 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

Alot of college kids have depression and suicide issues.I wonder why? because this is suppose to be the time of your life and the begiining of it not the end.Unmanagebale sounds like me only you checke dout of the house when you were 18 and I didnt.I reckon I suffer from depression from a brain imbalance but also Ive had so much bs go down in my life how could it not effect me.I was constantly teased and left out in highschool,no friends in my 20s,saw both my parents go before I was 30 ,bro turned in a lazy POS and didnt help share the costs of the house or help of it.Who in there right mind wouldnt suffer and wanna go die when 1 has no friends either to save ya from the dark cloud.