ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > PARENTS OF CHILDREN WITH ADD/ADHD > Children's Diagnosis & Treatment
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Children's Diagnosis & Treatment This forums is for parents to discuss issues related to diagnosis and treament of children with AD/HD

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-17-18, 11:54 AM

Vandeluca will become famous soon enough
Question regarding ADHD with meds

Hello All,

I had asked a bunch of questions about choosing a med, etc. The update is we started her on Focalin XR about 2 weeks ago. The first few days I felt we saw some subtle or slight progress in terms of the mouth--not being so impulsive with words, especially under difficult situations. In terms of focus at home or homework for example--nothing is leaping out at me. In fact, overall I don't know if this is doing much good in terms of being in a med. Maybe a little bit...

My question is this---Are you supposed to see drastic improvements with the meds and if not we are not on the right one?? I don't know if I am expecting too much? And for example, the PED suggested Concerta whereas the Nuero (epilepsy)suggested Focalin....6 in one dozen type of thing they said. So since they are similar drugs...and if we decide focal is not working...does it mean that Concerta may even though so similar?

Thanks..I just don't know how long to 'see' if this works and what a proper expectation is..

Thank you!