ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Advocacy, Coaching, Counseling and Practitioner Referrals > International Referrals > United Kingdom
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-14, 08:42 AM

jonkil is on a distinguished road
Need competent ADHD clinician in London

Hi Guys, I am 28 yo and have always had ADHD, just wasnt detected formally as I grew up abroad with lack of awareness and ignorant guardians. I tried a private doctor in BUPA but he's wasted my time with 5 consultations and gave me Modafinil which doesn't do any good to my cognitive problems. When I asked for a trial prescription of Ritalin or Vyvanse, he recommended me to a friend of his for a second opinion, after which he would again consider it. He clearly wants to keep fleecing me. I am having trouble getting through daily work and business and urgently need someone who is open to giving me a trial of these drugs. My question is - how understanding and open are Dr Paul Bain or Dr Humphries - or any other Doctor (mentioned in this forum) to give me an empathetic diagnosis and a trial prescription. Having wasted this much money already, I don't want to throw darts randomly again.
Old 09-05-14, 11:24 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 30,768 Times in 14,149 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: private prescription for vyvanse

I've heard great reviews about Dr Humphries.

Have you been diagnosed with ADHD? Without a diagnosis I doubt that any psychiatrist in the UK will prescribe you stimulants.

I've tried modafinil and it actually really helped with focus, at least for the first few days. I didn't react well to it so had to stop.
Old 11-25-15, 07:01 AM

JHaines64 is on a distinguished road
Re: Need competent ADHD clinician in London

I have heard some real negative stuff about Dr Paul Bain!
Sponsored Links