ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-19, 07:00 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 23,838 Times in 14,100 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part V

I just heard thunder Scared smiley 16
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (03-13-19)
Old 03-13-19, 05:13 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,107 Times in 15,356 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

NJ had the suckiest winter. No real snow and tons of slush.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (03-13-19)
Old 03-14-19, 01:56 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 26,996 Times in 12,597 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
ANOTHER snow storm???!!! High winds??!!!!
Haven't caught up on all the news yet ... just got home from the California trip
... but I heard that Colorado got a whole bunch of snow dumped on them. The
wind and rainstorm in the midwest rocked our plane around some on the way
into the St Louis Missouri airport, but safe landing. Whew. Looks like some
stuff has been blown around here at home, wind gusts up to 40 mph here. My
granddaughter and her boyfriend are having to drive home 3 hours in this wind.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (03-14-19)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-19, 05:33 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,107 Times in 15,356 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

I am going into freak out mode with this surgery. I didn't realize how involved it was. I was first scheduled as the second case but the doctor doesnt start until 10. My mom works in the recovery room (she wont be my nurse) and she talked to scheduler. The scheduler asked if I wanted the first slot after my mom mentioned that I hated waiting and the scheduler moved me. So now Im scheduled tomorrow at 930. My mom was explaining how it works and apparently before they take you to the OR they do a nerve block so you completely lose control of your arm. I do not want to think about that. My mom is so good though. She is handpicking the anesthesiologist and the CNR-A. So she says I will have the best of the best doing the nerved block and monitoring me while I am intubated. She already told them I was a nervous wreck and told them I will need something to calm me down-thank god. The dythskenisia makes me a constant fidget and not taking the adderall makes that worse. Not to mention my nerves so I hope they give something to me the minute the IV is in.

I made the mistake of watching some of the procedure on youtube. My husband finds it fascinating and amazing but it made me sick to my stomach.
I think what I scared of is not that the surgery will go bad or anything but I know and have been told by many that it is extremely painful. That once the nerve block wears off its a whole different game. I am going to talk to the doctor about pain relief. I am going to ask him what happens if the pain medicine doesnt work. If its the wrong kind or the wrong dose what do I do? How will I know when its bad enough. I tend to tough it out because I have been living with pain for so long and I do not want to be that way. I want to take advantage of whatever they offer me. This is the most involved surgery I have ever had. The other ones are cake compared to this one. I want to be able to do the PT without suffering. I also found out I will have to sleep upright in the recliner with my arm all propped up. oh AND my mom said that they keep it immobilized and do not let you take it off. I asked her how the hell will I get home and she said I will put one arm in the sleeve of a flannel and button it up over my arm.
**sigh** I just want it over with. This has been an 8 month problem. Once this is all done I go back to pain management to deal with my hip. And I go back to the knee doctor to see if my knee needs another injection. This autoimmune disease sucks. 3 years ago I got so sick and they didnt know what kind of a throat infection I had. Two weeks after I finished the antibiotic my hands swelled up to wear I couldnt move them. That was the reactive arthritis which has since been labeled "autoimmune arthritis". And now this will be my fourth surgery in a year and a half its crazy. I am 44 years old this should not be happening.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (03-14-19), midnightstar (03-14-19), namazu (03-14-19), psychopathetic (03-14-19), stef (03-15-19), tudorose (03-22-19)
Old 03-14-19, 05:53 AM

midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

sarah I hope it goes well

psychopathetic (03-14-19)
Old 03-14-19, 12:39 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 16,095 Times in 7,986 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
[...]
See...the thing you seem to be forgetting though...is that...
Well...

You're Little Miss As% Kicking, No F**ks Given, Wonder Mom, Sweets.

No surgery, no matter how horrific, has a thing on you!

(((((((Little-Miss-As#-Kicking-No-F##ks-Given-Wonder-Mom-Sweets)))))))

This post is so going to get deleted from the cursing

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (03-14-19)
Old 03-14-19, 01:20 PM

we all love you, sarah

psychopathetic (03-14-19)
Old 03-21-19, 05:24 PM

there's a monster in my sitting room curtain tonight

Lunacie (03-21-19)
Old 03-21-19, 05:51 PM
Committee Member

Emre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to all

I havent been on forum for some time, i just wanted to check how is everyone going
some know that i have been going through rough time, since that time i recovered a lot, made a good progress

so how is everyone
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emre22 For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (03-23-19), Little Missy (03-21-19), namazu (03-21-19)
Old 03-21-19, 09:23 PM

Thanked 26,996 Times in 12,597 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightstar View Post
there's a monster in my sitting room curtain tonight
Stomps over to the curtain, yanks the monster out by his ear, and dumps it in the trash cart outside.

"And STAY there!"

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (03-22-19), namazu (03-21-19)
Old 03-21-19, 09:33 PM

Thanked 11,538 Times in 6,098 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

Nah that's just your loveable huggable fur baby n kitten playing hide n seek midnight.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
aeon (03-23-19), Emre22 (03-21-19), midnightstar (03-22-19), stef (03-22-19), tudorose (03-22-19)
Old 03-22-19, 06:37 PM

Thanked 22,415 Times in 12,071 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Gawd, I sure can wrack up the demerits in abstentia even.

I yakked it up with some very helpful kid in the Philippines(?) hooking up the XM killer radio from LOL and got it going great but I don't have the antenna exactly right and it works for 30 seconds and then nothing. I need to fool with it more but I'm so sore I can't. Maybe tomorrow. It has been over a month. I never realized falling on cement could be so painful. And the sights of excruciating pain change daily and sometimes hourly. Cement is not a friend. Well, maybe just don't fall on it three times in a day. Hard.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (03-23-19), aeon (03-23-19), Greyhound1 (03-22-19), Lunacie (03-22-19), stef (03-22-19)
Old 03-22-19, 06:53 PM

Thanked 27,512 Times in 13,320 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

hey, have you gotten xrays or anything?

I am zyrtec-ed already, spring has come early;
and our trumpet friend in band has taken up the french horn, now Arrogant trumpet guy has turned bossy. this is just wrong on many levels.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
aeon (03-23-19), Little Missy (03-22-19), Lunacie (03-22-19)
Old 03-22-19, 07:33 PM

Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef View Post
hey, have you gotten xrays or anything?

I am zyrtec-ed already, spring has come early;
and our trumpet friend in band has taken up the french horn, now Arrogant trumpet guy has turned bossy. this is just wrong on many levels.
No. But the pain has lasted so long and is really not abating, I may. Hey, at least I'm not incontinent anymore. THAT was my greatest fear

haha I LOVE that ATG has gone bossy!

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (03-23-19), aeon (03-23-19), stef (03-22-19)
Old 03-22-19, 07:37 PM

You really made me have a good laugh with the band guy! I needed that!

its spring here too.

The Following User Says Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
stef (03-22-19)