ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 11-13-19, 09:27 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 16,503 Times in 7,888 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute
Northstar Adderall IR??

I usually receive Mallinckrodt IR 20mg. but today my script was filled with Northstar. Iíve never even heard of it and apparently neither has their website.
http://www.northstarrxllc.com/products.html

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience with this generic?
Old 11-14-19, 05:54 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 22,596 Times in 12,161 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Northstar Adderall IR??

well the NorthStar engine for Cadillac was a bum.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
eeyore (11-14-19), Greyhound1 (11-14-19), stef (11-14-19)
Old 11-14-19, 07:57 AM
Mind Racing Moderator

Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
well the NorthStar engine for Cadillac was a bum.
I hope this Adderall works better than that engine!

Last edited by Greyhound1; 11-14-19 at 06:40 PM.. Reason: Emoji mistake
The Following User Says Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (11-14-19)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-19, 03:50 PM

Thanked 22,596 Times in 12,161 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhound1 View Post
I hope this Adderall works better than that engine!
If you have a lift we can swap it!

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969

Last edited by Greyhound1; 11-14-19 at 06:39 PM.. Reason: Quote consistency
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (11-14-19)
Old 11-14-19, 06:38 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

First day on Northstar went very well! Seems like it’s going to be the most efficacious generic adderall, I’ve ever had, if today is an accurate indicator. Looking forward to taking my next dose tomorrow morning.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
SashaBV (12-14-19), stef (11-14-19)
Old 11-14-19, 10:55 PM

Thanked 27,596 Times in 13,355 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

seriously wondering if it's a minnesota company...

update: lol no, Tennessee. but it's just such a common name for things here. commuter train to northern suburbs, hockey team before the Wild, etc etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (11-14-19)
Old 11-20-19, 03:57 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Northstar Adderall IR 20 mg. is by far the best generic I’ve ever had. Lovin’ it!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (11-20-19), stef (11-21-19)
Old 12-12-19, 12:16 AM

MerpMerp is on a distinguished road

Any updates since then? Are you still convinced Northstar is your favorite when compared to Mallinckrodt?

I've been taking 20 MG IR from Mallinckrodt for the past 10 months but received a bottle today from Northstar. Feeling a bit nervous about the switch since Mallinkro was working well for me. Do you take the full 20 MG at once?

I'm in California and pick up my medication at Costco Pharmacy.
Old 12-12-19, 02:23 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerpMerp View Post
Any updates since then? Are you still convinced Northstar is your favorite when compared to Mallinckrodt?

I've been taking 20 MG IR from Mallinckrodt for the past 10 months but received a bottle today from Northstar. Feeling a bit nervous about the switch since Mallinkro was working well for me. Do you take the full 20 MG at once?

I'm in California and pick up my medication at Costco Pharmacy.
I am convinced that Northstar works very well for me. Iím prescribed 20mg 2x a day. I usually take only 20mg in the morning at once and normally skip my afternoon dose.

I also get my script filled at Costco in Florida. I just moved to another city in FL and my new Costco only has Teva. I may have to get my Dr to e-scribe my script to my old Costco and have a friend pickup it up and mail them to me.

Iíll be anxious to hear what you think of Northstar. I hope you find it as efficacious as I do. Please post your experience here after you try Northstar.

Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (12-12-19)
Old 12-13-19, 02:41 AM

MerpMerp is on a distinguished road

Feeling a bit relieved since day one went well with Northstar! No adverse side effects. Crossing my fingers it's consistent moving forward.

Before sending the e-script, I would confirm with your old Costco pharmacy whether or not they still carry the generic brand you want. I, too, recently moved to a new city in CA and figured I'd get my prescription sent to my old location to maintain the same brand. However, my old pharmacists told me that all the Costco pharmacies purchase from the same distributor which generally means that the pharmacies carry the same generic brands across the state. Then again, perhaps this is only applicable to California?
The Following User Says Thank You to MerpMerp For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (12-13-19)
Old 12-13-19, 10:15 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerpMerp View Post
Feeling a bit relieved since day one went well with Northstar! No adverse side effects. Crossing my fingers it's consistent moving forward.

Before sending the e-script, I would confirm with your old Costco pharmacy whether or not they still carry the generic brand you want. I, too, recently moved to a new city in CA and figured I'd get my prescription sent to my old location to maintain the same brand. However, my old pharmacists told me that all the Costco pharmacies purchase from the same distributor which generally means that the pharmacies carry the same generic brands across the state. Then again, perhaps this is only applicable to California?
Glad to hear day one went well!

It’s worth checking with my old Costco for sure. Both my old and new pharmacist gave me their spiel on how Costco negotiates their best price and that’s who they go with across the state. I asked my new pharmacist how long they have been carrying Teva. She said over a year. I informed her that my old Costco has carried Mallinckrodt for the past couple years and just switched to Northstar last month.
She just scratched her head and said “that’s odd.”
Old 12-14-19, 12:36 AM
Contributor

SashaBV will become famous soon enough

Make sure your old pharmacy will let your friend pick it up for you. Don't know the rules for that sort of thing. I always pick mine up in person at the pharmacy, since I was told Meds by Mail doesn't do stimulants. The pharmacy always checks my ID.
The Following User Says Thank You to SashaBV For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (12-14-19)
Old 12-14-19, 12:48 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaBV View Post
Make sure your old pharmacy will let your friend pick it up for you. Don't know the rules for that sort of thing. I always pick mine up in person at the pharmacy, since I was told Meds by Mail doesn't do stimulants. The pharmacy always checks my ID.
I was planning on calling and explaining the situation to make sure. Iím surprised Costco isnít actually more strict. My wife normally takes my script there to be filled and is able to pick it up without my permission or authorization. They check her ID and can see we have the last name. Apparently, thatís good enough. Thankfully, I have no concerns with her getting my Adderall filled for me and I appreciate it.

Costco is taking a big risk though. If she were an addict they could have a very big problem. Iím just amazed how easy she can have a controlled substance filled on my behalf without my knowledge or approval.