ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Chronic Fatigue Syndrome & Fibromyalgia
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-12, 04:53 PM
Contributor

Piper30 is a glorious beacon of lightPiper30 is a glorious beacon of lightPiper30 is a glorious beacon of lightPiper30 is a glorious beacon of lightPiper30 is a glorious beacon of light
Fibro plus ventricular tachycardia ..what meds??

Anyone with adhd/fibro/heart problems?

I have a friend recently diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, they are in the uk and dr has offered no suggestions for meds to treat the fibro due to heart issue.

Does anyone suffer from this or similar problem and know of meds or herbs to help with the fibro that won't affect or raise heart rate? They are not medicated for ADHD either...but pain and fibrofog is making life impossible for them to live. I have been on google for two hours and not found anything useful. Any help would be appreciated so much.

uhmm..err...I keep wondering what to put here but I forgot who I was replying to ..???
Old 03-08-12, 05:00 PM
Suspended Account

Thanked 4,738 Times in 2,556 Posts
Blueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fibro plus ventricular tachycardia ..what meds??

Are beta-blockers not an option?
Old 03-12-12, 12:42 AM
Contributor

Piper30 is a glorious beacon of lightPiper30 is a glorious beacon of lightPiper30 is a glorious beacon of lightPiper30 is a glorious beacon of lightPiper30 is a glorious beacon of light

Just saw this, I will ask. Poor thing was told by dr when dx with fibro few weeks ago "live with it" ..we are working on finding her a new dr obviously but in the meantime now that she knows what the symptoms are from she is desperate for some relief.

Most of the fibro meds given are in the anti depressant family and she can't take those...and pain meds, which dr laughed off. I feel so bad for her. I sent her a message asking about beta-blockers. Thank you for responding.

uhmm..err...I keep wondering what to put here but I forgot who I was replying to ..???
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-12, 09:57 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 4,312 Times in 2,016 Posts
LynneC has a reputation beyond reputeLynneC has a reputation beyond reputeLynneC has a reputation beyond reputeLynneC has a reputation beyond reputeLynneC has a reputation beyond reputeLynneC has a reputation beyond reputeLynneC has a reputation beyond reputeLynneC has a reputation beyond reputeLynneC has a reputation beyond reputeLynneC has a reputation beyond reputeLynneC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper30 View Post
Anyone with adhd/fibro/heart problems?

I have a friend recently diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, they are in the uk and dr has offered no suggestions for meds to treat the fibro due to heart issue.

Does anyone suffer from this or similar problem and know of meds or herbs to help with the fibro that won't affect or raise heart rate? They are not medicated for ADHD either...but pain and fibrofog is making life impossible for them to live. I have been on google for two hours and not found anything useful. Any help would be appreciated so much.
Vitamin 'D' (D3-cholcalciferol) and magnesium are both recommended to help with fm pain, and both are also beneficial for those with heart conditions.

'D' is best absorbed when taken w/ a source of fat, and in an oil-based gel-cap (or oil-based liquid) form.

A good way to get some extra magnesium is by making 'magnesium water'. 1-2 tablespoonsful of Milk of magnesia in a liter of unflavored selzter water. Add the MOM and invert the bottle gently to mix. Might be best to start with 1 tablespoonful, to avoid any loose stools...
Drink 8 oz per day...
Old 03-17-12, 03:44 AM
Forum Guru

purpleToes has much to be proud ofpurpleToes has much to be proud ofpurpleToes has much to be proud ofpurpleToes has much to be proud ofpurpleToes has much to be proud ofpurpleToes has much to be proud ofpurpleToes has much to be proud ofpurpleToes has much to be proud ofpurpleToes has much to be proud of

First, her doctor sounds like an a-hole and should be replaced as soon as possible.

Second, not a meds suggestion, but is your friend aware of the connection between fibromyalgia and disturbed sleep? There really aren't any DIY or home remedies along these lines, but if it turns out she has a sleep disorder and can get a sleep evaluation and treatment, it could improve her symptoms, possibly without medications. There's tons of stuff on sleep apnea and fibromyalgia if you google them.

Sleep apnea also can make ADD symptoms worse (firsthand experience), and in children, sleep apnea has been found to correlate with higher incidence of ADHD. Google will show you plenty of info on sleep apnea + children + sleep apnea, too.

That you mention BOTH fibro and ADHD makes me think testing for sleep apnea is a must.

Last edited by purpleToes; 03-17-12 at 04:05 AM..
Old 03-17-12, 04:05 AM
Forum Guru

purpleToes has much to be proud ofpurpleToes has much to be proud ofpurpleToes has much to be proud ofpurpleToes has much to be proud ofpurpleToes has much to be proud ofpurpleToes has much to be proud ofpurpleToes has much to be proud ofpurpleToes has much to be proud ofpurpleToes has much to be proud of

I forgot to mention the fact that sleep apnea causes oxygen desaturation and stress on the heart. I hope your friend can get a sleep study.