ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Medications for Co-Existing Conditions > Anti-Depressants
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-20, 04:08 PM

mets91428 is on a distinguished road
Are antidepressants and stimulants safe?

I'm just wondering because some people on here report no significant side effects while others do. A while ago, I asked my doctor about prozac and adderall. After looking into one website, he said no to prescribing it because of dangerous interactions, yet whenever I get medically cleared he'll introduce a stimulant to my current one-- Zoloft. I'm mostly taking Zoloft for my OCD, but it has improved my mood. However, 100mg still isn't addressing the issue, to which I'm asking for a dose increase.

The last stimulant I tried was adderall. It was definitely working better at 30mg, but the comedowns exacerbated the OCD and depression. That's not the reason I was cut off though. I started to experience trouble breathing, and I noticed on days that I didn't vape nicotine my breathing improved. Why I continued vaping, I couldn't answer, but I have quit recently, finally.

Anyway, is it possible to manage both OCD/depression and ADHD with meds? It doesn't seem like stimulants alone will do it.