ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-19, 04:11 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 16,348 Times in 7,820 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
OMG Greyhound, what a cluster-f. Whatever happened to customer service?

Like a meme I saw this week where the clerk in a grocery store is trying to get
a customer to use the self-service self-play line.
Customer says "Do I get a discount for doing the work myself?"
I donít know what happened to customer service but I rarely receive any. They should give a discount for self-service. Back in the days of full service gas stations they always cost more than self serve.

I purchased a can of Freon to add to my wifeís car from Walmart 3 days ago. I hooked it up to my ac guages after shaking it like crazy and it had no or not enough propellant to dispense.

I went back to Walmart yesterday after my tie rod fiasco. Went to customer service and wanted an exchange and I had my receipt. I explained the issue to the service rep. Sheís says hold on and disappears. She comes back and says the manager said no. I explained it was defective and still told no by their rude service agent.

I said tell the manager thanks for nothing and youíll never see me in here again. I also said this is why Amazon is going to put you out of business and left very angry. Customer service is a thing of the past apparently with most companies today.

I didnít have a very good customer service day yesterday.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
aeon (06-07-19), Little Missy (06-07-19), Lunacie (06-08-19), midnightstar (06-07-19), stef (06-07-19), tudorose (06-07-19)
Old 06-07-19, 05:21 PM

ADD_NL72 is on a distinguished road

My job is bothering me the most at the moment.
Have to work again on a Saturday (getting up at 6AM). Working weekends was supposed to be a "once every two months" thing, but this will be the 5th time in 15 weeks.
Hate the job and my colleague as well, that does not help.

Gotta admit though, three-months-ago-me (not being on Wellbutrin yet) would have handled this worse than I'm doing now.
The Following User Says Thank You to ADD_NL72 For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (06-07-19)
Old 06-07-19, 06:30 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 4,165 Times in 2,150 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation

I was on vacation in Hawaii and a bus driver that was supposed to take us all the way to Hanauma Bay decide to kick everyone off the bus and tell them there was a "detour" route today. To just walk up the hill in a certain direction and follow the signs and you will get there.

It became clear that that bus driver was either just lazy and wanted to go home early or he was behind schedule so kicked every single person on the bus out so he can drive faster to his next destination point. The "detour route" took us 1 hour to walk, on a steep incline, in Hawaii heat/sun, on a non ADA (disabilities) compliant route. We had my senior citizen mom with me who has bad knees. She wasn't so bad she couldn't do it but I can see some seniors suffering a heat stroke or something from that route - the bus driver's incompetence was actually dangerous for his passengers.

Now I'm back from my vacation and my mom and sister are still mad enough that they want me to contact the transit authority and complain in hopes of getting that driver fired.

Unfortunately, I can't muster enough anger any more to motivate me enough to take the effort to complain (just write about it here lol). Vacation was pretty nice and my anger has always been limited and fleeting anyway though I should be as outraged of my family.

Hopefully I can get around to it or my family will complain to me about my inaction. Seems like they should be the ones calling/emailing if they want to complain so bad but my mom will use the excuse of her poor English (which isn't that poor) and my sister has kids and still works.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to acdc01 For This Useful Post:
aeon (06-07-19), Fuzzy12 (06-07-19), Lunacie (06-08-19), midnightstar (06-08-19), namazu (06-07-19)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-19, 07:24 PM

Thanked 30,768 Times in 14,149 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc01 View Post
I was on vacation in Hawaii and a bus driver that was supposed to take us all the way to Hanauma Bay decide to kick everyone off the bus and tell them there was a "detour" route today. To just walk up the hill in a certain direction and follow the signs and you will get there.

It became clear that that bus driver was either just lazy and wanted to go home early or he was behind schedule so kicked every single person on the bus out so he can drive faster to his next destination point. The "detour route" took us 1 hour to walk, on a steep incline, in Hawaii heat/sun, on a non ADA (disabilities) compliant route. We had my senior citizen mom with me who has bad knees. She wasn't so bad she couldn't do it but I can see some seniors suffering a heat stroke or something from that route - the bus driver's incompetence was actually dangerous for his passengers.

Now I'm back from my vacation and my mom and sister are still mad enough that they want me to contact the transit authority and complain in hopes of getting that driver fired.

Unfortunately, I can't muster enough anger any more to motivate me enough to take the effort to complain (just write about it here lol). Vacation was pretty nice and my anger has always been limited and fleeting anyway though I should be as outraged of my family.

Hopefully I can get around to it or my family will complain to me about my inaction. Seems like they should be the ones calling/emailing if they want to complain so bad but my mom will use the excuse of her poor English (which isn't that poor) and my sister has kids and still works.
That's really quite extreme. Iincredible. How could he just throw out his passengers? It sounds like something that could (and should)happen only in movies .

I hope your mother will recover soon. you probably should complain but I can totally relate to not wanting to bother once thejnitial anger subsiddd.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (06-11-19), namazu (06-07-19), stef (06-08-19)
Old 06-08-19, 03:17 AM

Thanked 27,493 Times in 13,309 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

I just mentioned my mom in another thread, she couldn't have walked for an hour on a steep incline in the heat. I would have liked to see that guy face "the wrath of jeannette".

He should be fired and the company sued, and it shouldn't be be your sole responsibility. Actually, all of the passengers should file a complaint.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (06-11-19), aeon (06-08-19), Greyhound1 (06-08-19), Little Missy (06-08-19), Lunacie (06-08-19), namazu (06-08-19)
Old 06-08-19, 04:25 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 23,805 Times in 14,080 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc01 View Post

Even if you don't complain, maybe the other passengers already did? I agree he should be fired and the company sued
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (06-11-19)
Old 06-08-19, 03:39 PM

Thanked 26,919 Times in 12,562 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

I've complained before about not being able to understand the accent of the
people who work the phones for the company that provides my c-pap machine.
Yesterday they called and without saying what the call was about wanted me to
call back. So I did.

Listened to the computer message, "Press 1 for this department" all the way through 4 or 5. I didn't know what the call was about so I pressed the number
for customer service.

Of course the person who answer is the woman with the accent who talks as
fast as a New Yorker who also has a big wad of chewing gum in her mouth.
Listened to her and then said, "Sorry, I can't understand a word you're saying."

The 4th time I grumbled "I'm sorry but I CAN'T understand you" and I started
to hang up, but she said "mumble mumble mum-mumble another operator"
and I thought I had a chance of talking to someone I could understand.

After several minutes of listening the the loop play their ads and such (not
music) the computer voice again told me to press this or that number. Still
not having any idea what the call was about, I pressed the number for customer service, realized that was probably the same person who said she
would transfer the call but didn't actually do that, so I hung up.

Well, I'm all all done. I went to their website today and sent them a message
saying they can contact me through my email address or my mailing address because I will not answer their calls nor return their calls. *dusts hands*

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
aeon (06-08-19), Fuzzy12 (06-08-19), Greyhound1 (06-08-19), Little Missy (06-08-19), midnightstar (06-08-19), stef (06-09-19)
Old 06-08-19, 03:59 PM

midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Good for you, Funacie

The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (06-08-19)
Old 06-08-19, 04:21 PM

Thanked 30,768 Times in 14,149 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
I've complained before about not being able to understand the accent of the
people who work the phones for the company that provides my c-pap machine.
Yesterday they called and without saying what the call was about wanted me to
call back. So I did.

Listened to the computer message, "Press 1 for this department" all the way through 4 or 5. I didn't know what the call was about so I pressed the number
for customer service.

Of course the person who answer is the woman with the accent who talks as
fast as a New Yorker who also has a big wad of chewing gum in her mouth.
Listened to her and then said, "Sorry, I can't understand a word you're saying."

The 4th time I grumbled "I'm sorry but I CAN'T understand you" and I started
to hang up, but she said "mumble mumble mum-mumble another operator"
and I thought I had a chance of talking to someone I could understand.

After several minutes of listening the the loop play their ads and such (not
music) the computer voice again told me to press this or that number. Still
not having any idea what the call was about, I pressed the number for customer service, realized that was probably the same person who said she
would transfer the call but didn't actually do that, so I hung up.

Well, I'm all all done. I went to their website today and sent them a message
saying they can contact me through my email address or my mailing address because I will not answer their calls nor return their calls. *dusts hands*
Time wasters.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (06-08-19), Lunacie (06-08-19)
Old 06-08-19, 05:45 PM

Thanked 26,919 Times in 12,562 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
Time wasters.
I'm happy with the cpap machine and think I'm sleeping better.
But I would hesitate to ask the doctor to find me a different supplier.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (06-09-19)
Old 06-09-19, 02:59 AM

Hydrogen is on a distinguished road

My itchy feet is bothering me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hydrogen For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (06-09-19), namazu (06-09-19)
Old 06-09-19, 04:19 AM
Contrapunctual Moderator

Thanked 21,423 Times in 10,807 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute

Feeling overwhelmed by major life decisions (past, present, and future).
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (06-11-19), aeon (06-09-19), eclectic beagle (06-11-19), Lunacie (06-09-19), midnightstar (06-09-19), stef (06-09-19)
Old 06-09-19, 04:20 AM

I'm worried about what the future holds for Willow with her heart murmur

must not google ...... must not google .....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (06-09-19), namazu (06-09-19)
Old 06-09-19, 05:35 AM

Thanked 22,381 Times in 12,052 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightstar View Post
I'm worried about what the future holds for Willow with her heart murmur

must not google ...... must not google .....
I already Googled it for you and it isn't anything big.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (06-09-19)
Old 06-09-19, 05:36 AM

Thanked 22,381 Times in 12,052 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef View Post
I just mentioned my mom in another thread, she couldn't have walked for an hour on a steep incline in the heat. I would have liked to see that guy face "the wrath of jeannette".

He should be fired and the company sued, and it shouldn't be be your sole responsibility. Actually, all of the passengers should file a complaint.
Betty would have yelled, "I was not made for this!"

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (06-09-19), namazu (06-09-19)