ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > Inattentive ADD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Inattentive ADD A forum set aside for the the discussion of inattention and inattentive ADD

Old 01-01-20, 02:02 PM

shazam09 is on a distinguished road
Happy New Year folks .. Need to vent already

Happy new Year folks!!! Hope you all had a great night. Mine was great some friends and family. Good times.

Just looking for a new PDoc this morning. My current doctor is a P nurse practitioner. I didn't realize he wasn't a bonafide Psychiatric Dr because im so freaking ADD while looking and while he was very understanding and handled my requests to try medications we seem to have come to a crossroads. To be fair i need to give him a a few more tries before I move on. Searching through the websites for Pdocs i seem to come across many of the nurse practitioners that can dispense meds.
I must say as an ADD person and through my coping mechanisms i have learned much just by reading a book by the cover LOL. This goes against the sacred rule but my experience while i do peg people wrong sometimes I can see bias a million miles away. Gender bias ethnic bias social and financial and cya bias that seems to cloud most decision making abilities of others i see. everyone has bias but its how it relates to your own situation that makes it either a pro or con. I feel like this is one of those add gifts from studying people my whole life to fit in.
Anyhow the list of these practitioners and photos makes me cringe I dont see most of these folks in it are there for the right reasons it just looks financial. One of the folks on my list in a web search is a client of mine of my own business and wow what a kook she is to think i would go to her for help is insanity to the highest degree. OMG the realization that this person has passed the test to deal with the likes of us in my mind is ...in a word inept. Anyhow flame way. I needed to get this out. Im sure there are heroes and good ones out there and the one i have right now is ...ehhh. Anyhow. Anyone else feel like this ?Im ADDPI Happy New Year
Old 01-01-20, 04:12 PM

mets91428 is on a distinguished road
Re: Happy New Year folks .. Need to vent already

I was in the same boat as you until I met a nurse practitioner as well. My best advice is to work with anyone who shows an interest in trying to help you.
The Following User Says Thank You to mets91428 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (01-01-20)
Old 01-01-20, 05:29 PM

shazam09 is on a distinguished road
Re: Happy New Year folks .. Need to vent already

Good advice. Thanks Mets Happy New Year
The Following User Says Thank You to shazam09 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (01-01-20)
Sponsored Links