ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Medications for Co-Existing Conditions > Anti-Depressants
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-17, 06:49 AM

Exuberantfrost is on a distinguished road
Cymbalta drowsiness

I feel overtly drowsy from Cymbalta and I'm wondering if how people experience taking it? Do people experience this site effect? And if so, did it disappear or did it continue?
And do people have a suggestion to a less sedative antidepressant?
Old 12-06-17, 07:05 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 30,820 Times in 14,172 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cymbalta drowsiness

Yes totally. I could never take more than 60mg (I think don't remember exactly) because of the drowsiness. Taking them at night before going to bed helped a bit. The effect never wore off though and I think I took cymbalta for almost a year or so.

I didn't find sertraline sleep inducing but I think they affect everyone differently.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Exuberantfrost (12-06-17)
Old 12-06-17, 07:43 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,190 Times in 15,397 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

I cant recall exactly but I do know that other meds that I took with cymbalta I had to move to night because of drowsiness. I take cymbalta now in the morning with lamictal and have no issues.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Exuberantfrost (12-06-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-18, 09:09 AM
ADDvanced Member

Snoopy10 will become famous soon enough

This post is kind of old but I took Cymbalta 5 years ago, before I was diagnosed with ADHD and it was the only antidepressant that worked for my anxiety without making me hyperactive. The reason I stopped taking it was because it made me so tired during the day and at night I could only sleep 4 hours at a time. the drowsiness never went away, I think I was on it 6 month.
Old 07-13-18, 03:25 PM
ADDvanced Member

allesandro1 has a spectacular aura aboutallesandro1 has a spectacular aura about

I don't have that experience with it at all.
Old 12-31-18, 04:28 AM

Snorlax8 is on a distinguished road

Cymbalta is a horrible drug to a lot of people, me included.
It killed me ability to think critically and made me numb.