ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Resources, Tools & Organizational Tips
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-15, 03:41 PM
ADDvanced Member

intothewind is on a distinguished road
Clothes organization system

Anyone want to share one that is working?

I have tried one of those hanging canvas things with the little pockets. Problem is though I hang it up with good intentions...it never gets used. Or whatever I put in there I forget.

I'm thinking of a 3 bin system.

1. clean laundry

2. sorta clean laundry

3. needs washing
This does not solve heartbroken socks(I wear flipflops all the time but need closed toed shoes on for work) issue however.

I don't care about keeping whites separate...start small

At least it will be better than the current piles on floor that you forget which is which system.
Old 11-25-15, 03:59 PM
Mr. BllVt

Thanked 17,969 Times in 9,011 Posts
dvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Clothes organization system

My suggestion, which is maybe what you have already come up with:

- Observe the way you really behave

- Make an absolute minimum of changes to that "natural" behaviour, just enough to make it look official and organized. For example, in the exact place where the current pile of dirty clothes is, place a bin of about the right size. If it's in the wrong place, you might not use it. And... so on.
Postmodernism, the school of 'thought' that proclaimed 'There are no truths, only interpretations' has largely played itself out in absurdity, but it has left behind a generation of academics in the humanities disabled by their distrust of the very idea of truth and their disrespect for evidence, settling for 'conversations' in which nobody is wrong and nothing can be confirmed, only asserted with whatever style you can muster.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dvdnvwls For This Useful Post:
intothewind (11-25-15), stef (11-25-15)
Old 11-25-15, 04:01 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 27,454 Times in 13,290 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

omg i read at first "closed toad shoes". lol!

if it sounds logical to you, try it! ghe simpler, the better. you could buy some nice laundry baskets for this.

I dont do the laundry but after many years i can now actually find my clothes- some are hanging up and the rest is on shelves in this armoire thing we have. its kind of in simple categories (pajamas and socks - for work - not for work).
The Following User Says Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
intothewind (11-25-15)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-15, 04:14 PM
ADDvanced Member

Brilliant dvd. Location is everything. Over summer the place I moved had a walk in closet so I hung the organizer up in there. Never used it because you'd have to go in there to put the clothes up.

We had no dryer so the walk in closet turned into the drying room with a dehumidifier going. It ended up that after the clothes were dried they would hang in there or lay in piles until I wore them...at which point they would end up on the floor beside the bed.

It actually meant my room looked cleaner than normal because all the clothes were hiding in the otherwise empty closet.

Stef: Categories would really help. But realistically I'm not sure they'd get use.
The Following User Says Thank You to intothewind For This Useful Post:
stef (11-26-15)
Old 11-26-15, 04:18 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

FogNoggin is a name known to allFogNoggin is a name known to allFogNoggin is a name known to allFogNoggin is a name known to allFogNoggin is a name known to allFogNoggin is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by intothewind View Post
I'm thinking of a 3 bin system.

1. clean laundry

2. sorta clean laundry

3. needs washing
This does not solve heartbroken socks(I wear flipflops all the time but need closed toed shoes on for work) issue however.

I don't care about keeping whites separate...start small

That's my system, a big pile of clean laundry, half on the bed, half in a bin (lot of rummaging), the dirty clothes are tossed into the laundry room or the bedroom floor, the not-quite dirty enough to not wear agains go wherever I hope I remember where I put them.

Nothing is folded.

Develop a system? Who am I kidding? But I suppose I could start with some big cardboard boxes?

Revert, revert, revert, I always revert from organised to chaos, which makes me wonder if I should even bother to be organised, but with life in general, if I don't attempt to organise at all, things will be total chaos, which makes things even more complicated in their own light.

Always Disorganised Daily
Old 11-26-15, 11:30 PM
ADDvanced Member

Haha oh yes.

A lot of clothes fall under,in the bed so often i can delay laundry...their must be one clean shirt here!
Old 01-20-16, 02:22 AM

Thanked 1,366 Times in 562 Posts
InvitroCanibal has a reputation beyond reputeInvitroCanibal has a reputation beyond reputeInvitroCanibal has a reputation beyond reputeInvitroCanibal has a reputation beyond reputeInvitroCanibal has a reputation beyond reputeInvitroCanibal has a reputation beyond reputeInvitroCanibal has a reputation beyond reputeInvitroCanibal has a reputation beyond reputeInvitroCanibal has a reputation beyond reputeInvitroCanibal has a reputation beyond reputeInvitroCanibal has a reputation beyond repute

Own less clothes, do one load a day before bed. Dry in the morning.