ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-05, 03:24 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

free2bme has disabled reputation
Privacy In Public Dressing Rooms Etc.

I wanted to pass along some information I learned in the hopes that it may be useful to you, or if you're of the male variety, your wives, sisters, moms, girlfriends.....whomever.

We've recently had problems in this area with the discovery of 2 way mirrors in the dressing rooms and bathrooms of public establishments. I spoke to my brother about it and was able to verify something I had been told, so am now comfortable passing it on. He is a 20 year police veteran.......shot 3 times, decorated......in other words, this is no spam. Plus, I actually tested this out in my office and find it absolutely true.

If you have any concern as to whether a mirror is two-way or not and want to ensure your privacy, it's very simple. Put your FINGER-NAIL up against the mirror. If you see a space between your nail and the actual mirror, you are fine. This is normal. HOWEVER, if your FINGER-NAIL is completely flat against the mirror, this is NOT NORMAL. And yes, it's important to use the nail and not the tip of your finger. Thus the caps on FINGER-NAIL!!!

Just wanted to pass that on because I found it to be comforting. There's nothing worse than the feeling of being spied upon. Granted if you're an exhibitionist (not always bad of course, depending on the situation) this will not likely be a concern for you, but off topic we gooooo......

Anyhow, hope this helps. I'm really not paranoid or anything. ......OMG....WAIT, EXCUSE ME.......I must go investigate the car that doesn't belong on this street. I just KNEW the government was on to me and all of the crap I attempt to get away with!!!!

Happy mirror checking!!!!

"After silence, that which comes closest to expressing the inexpressible is music." Aldous Huxley

"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music." Angela Monet
Old 01-31-05, 05:40 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Nucking_Futs has a spectacular aura aboutNucking_Futs has a spectacular aura about
lol I'm sorry I can't help but laugh our walmart has a camera right above the dressing rooms and I can't help but goof off when trying something on just in case someone is watching me. Stick my tongue out, pick my butt you know stuff that makes them look twice. I never try anything on that means I have to get naked for. That's what return policies are for.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "WOW! What a ride!!"

Old 01-31-05, 07:18 PM

fasttalkingmom has a spectacular aura aboutfasttalkingmom has a spectacular aura about
Well.....thanks now I've got something else to worry about...hee hee

Wait, that sounds like the same car that was outside my house last week
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-05, 10:52 PM

chameleon has disabled reputation
Wow free! Where do you live that this is happening? And why don't the police them replace the 2 way mirrors? Is it not illigal?
.....now I have to grow my poor chewed down fingernails long enough to check mirrors....
Oh, that reminds me of yesterday - I ran out in my slob clothes, no make-up, hair thrown up (literally, it looked like) into a pony tail, to a cash machine (they and I have never gotten along) and I was peering closely at the screen trying to figure out what to do next (even though I've battled with those darn machines umpteen times before). I practically had my nose up against the screen, I'm sure with a goofy, perplexed look on my face, when out of the corner of my eye I spotted a camera staring right at eye level! I JUMPED back! LOL!
...I'll have to make up for that next time by getting all gussied up in animal print spandex pants, a fuzzy purple sweater, and a hot pink feather boa.
~Susan
Old 01-31-05, 11:45 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

free2bme has disabled reputation
Hey guys........So glad I could make your day!!!!!!! I must submit a correction as my brother tells me it still works without using the actual finger NAIL.....(therefore, Susan..keep chompin' away, you don't need those nails unless you use them to open your coffee cans .) He says you just have to look from an angle. I tried it, had my boys try it, and yesireeeeee he's right! That said, I was thinking of a way to help my Mom remember this and came up with a nifty little saying. So open your ears my friends and let this sink in (unless you're like Futs who seems to be of the exhibitionist sort to whom I alluded earlier.......and who should go out and do some flashing at Wal-Mart in light of her wonderful VICTORY today .....)

NO SPACE, LEAVE THE PLACE!!!!!!

I was originally thinkin' NO SPACE, **** THIS PLACE!!! However, my very old-fashioned mother would NOT have gone for that one!! Alas, I had to keep it clean on her behalf......

"After silence, that which comes closest to expressing the inexpressible is music." Aldous Huxley

"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music." Angela Monet
Old 02-01-05, 12:17 AM

Nucking_Futs has a spectacular aura aboutNucking_Futs has a spectacular aura about
I will admit to trying the fingernail bit in every mirror I passed today even at the hospital and it does work. I even tried on a blouse at walmart just for an excuse to try their mirrors. *grins* I really need something more to occupy my time.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "WOW! What a ride!!"