ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 10-10-12, 08:36 PM

pLazadox is on a distinguished road
Adderall dosage issues

Hello, im 15 years old and was diagnosed with ADD/ADHD about 6 months ago. I have been having ALOT of issues with finding the right ADD/ADHD medication and dosage, there has never been a point where i had a medication that truly worked and helped me cope with my attention and memory issues.

My Problems:
-ADD/ADHD
-Depression
-Insomnia
-Past anger issues
-History of frequent migranes/headaches
-Possible mild-anxiety
-Possible bi-polar disorder (according to doctor)

Past ADHD Medications (didn't work):
-Welbutrin (for depression)
-Concerta
-Ritalin
-Strattera

Past ADHD Medications (worked):
-Adderall XR (worked for only about 2 weeks or less)

ALL Current Medications:
-Risperdal 1mg (anti-phsycotic) (currently works)
-Adderall IR 15mg (15 in morning / 15 at lunch) (currently dosent work)

None of the medications i have tried have worked except for the Adderall. The Adderall XR 15mg had only worked for about less than 2 weeks than i had to increase the dosage to 30mg which only ended up working for about 2-3 days. I believe at one point I had tried 45mg of the XR and it didn't work at all. Would it be smart to try upping my dosage to maybe 60-70mg?

I have also noticed that after the dosage im taking stops working, only the side-effects remain such as irritability, jittery, loss of apetite.

I was thinking maybe that i should try the medication Vyvanse, i had heard alot of good things about it and read that it can last for up to 12 hours. Would this be a smart move?

Am i upping my dosage to fast?

In my opinion, i think that i should try upping my dosage of adderall to around 60-70mg, not because i want to abuse it, but because i feel i have a high tolerance to mostly everything i've tried, even such medicines like Robitussin, Nyquil, Zzzquil, Headache/Migrane medications require alot more than normal to actually have them work for me.

If i continue to have my Adderall dosage increased, could it apparently find a medium in the medication my body needs to where it will work for longer amounts of time?

I have read that some people think there medication isn't working because they don't notice the more euphoric body feeling that the medication gives when you first start taking it. That is not the case for me, i do not notice ANYTHING after a short period of time from my normal dose of Adderall, my attention is horrid once more and my memory is back to awful.

I'm not looking for the high from Adderall or any other ADHD/ADD medications, i just want to find a medication that does what it is supposed to do, which in my expierences, these medications do almost nothing good for me!

Some help and guidance would be really really nice, i just need something that works. My grades are suffering and i need help.
Old 10-11-12, 05:23 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,249 Times in 15,416 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Adderall dosage issues

Have you considered adderall xrwith an ir booster?

I carried a watermelon?
Old 10-11-12, 02:20 PM

pLazadox is on a distinguished road

No i haven't, how would i do that?

And would you recommend Vyvanse over Adderall?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-12, 03:39 AM
Contributor

stealthology is on a distinguished road

If Addy XR was the one you clearly liked best, then I doubt you'll like Vyvanse much. Vyvanse packs a bit less punch than Addy (Vyv is earily similar to dexedrine).

Adderall IR is def an option I'd consider as the previous poster mentioned. It definitely provides more of a kick in the *** feel compared to XR.