ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > PARENTS OF CHILDREN WITH ADD/ADHD > Children's Diagnosis & Treatment
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Children's Diagnosis & Treatment This forums is for parents to discuss issues related to diagnosis and treament of children with AD/HD

Old 09-21-10, 03:44 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 10,443 Times in 3,292 Posts
Dizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting article on EEG for dx ADHD.

Just for your information: Interesting article on using the EEG for diagnosis of ADHD. The technology is not yet ready but the trend looks positive.

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/...e&uac=121556AT

You might have to sign up to get access but it is free and medscape is a pretty good source.

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/...e&uac=121556AT on but it is free.

Dizfriz
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dizfriz For This Useful Post:
ADHDTigger (09-21-10), ditzydreamer (09-21-10), mimi'sdreaming (09-21-10), patrick176 (05-01-11)
Old 09-21-10, 03:50 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 13,645 Times in 5,041 Posts
ADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Interesting article on EEG for dx ADHD.

Interesting that EEG is now being considered as a diagnostic tool for ADHD. In 1967 and again in 1973 I was diagnosed via standard EEG (of the time) plus parental input. The 1973 EEG was a confirmation of earlier diagnosis- since I was supposed to grow out of it.

THAT part never happened.

I wish I knew what was thought to be diagnostic about the EEG or if it was being used to rule out another potential issue.

I need to sign up and read the linked article. Gotta get moving but will be back.

Never forget. "Normal" is just a setting on the washing machine.
Do you really want to be a setting on the washing machine?
If you do, wouldn't you rather be the spin cycle?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ADHDTigger For This Useful Post:
ditzydreamer (09-21-10), Dizfriz (09-21-10)
Old 09-21-10, 05:56 PM
Forum Guru

MuscleMama has much to be proud ofMuscleMama has much to be proud ofMuscleMama has much to be proud ofMuscleMama has much to be proud ofMuscleMama has much to be proud ofMuscleMama has much to be proud ofMuscleMama has much to be proud ofMuscleMama has much to be proud of
Re: Interesting article on EEG for dx ADHD.

Here's another interesting article on the topic:

http://www.sharpbrains.com/blog/2008...dhd-diagnosis/

My older son had this done to make a 'brain map' for his neurofeedback treatment.

My younger son had something similar that showed some right temporal lobe dysfunction.
Sponsored Links